[BOOK SPOILERS] Do you think they'll skip over Tyrion's history with Tysha?

EddieLarkin

Next week we'll see Tyrion and Bronn's encounter with the mountain clans, but more importantly we have Tyrion telling Bronn about what happened between him, Tysha and Tywin and Jaime. I don't really have a reason to think they'll skip this or gloss over it, but I am still pretty worried because to me Tyrion's history with his family and the reveal at the end of book 3, is the most important part of the books. It's by far the most tragic thing I've read. So, for them to reduce it in any way and thus diminish the twist would be pretty hard for me to bare. I tell myself they won't but then I remember the excising of Sansa's first encounter with the Hound :unsure:

I sincerely hope they include it. But even if we don't hear about it this season, I have no doubt it will come up in season 2. It is probably the most important backstory element for Tyrion.

If it gets removed I think it's one of the things that might be worked around? I mean I know that it's the hinge for Tyrion hating his brother eventually and it's really shaped his relationship to women but I think that, for a tv performance, they could work around that. And honestly? I would be REALLY ok if they cut out him telling that story. So far there has been an EXCESSIVE amount of exposition in the series and I am ALL FOR no one telling us any more stories!

(Before anyone jumps on me about the amount of information that needs to be explained I know, seriously I know. But I work in the entertainment industry and I am know, for a complete and total fact, that there are better ways of doing it than the show has been using.)

I don't think they can skip this.

Tyrion killing Tywin is a huge plot point in the story and the motivation for killing your own father has to be pretty strong and convincing. Also his relationship with Jaime post escape has to be one of hostility and without that Tysha incident he should feel nothing but gratitude toward Jaime for rescuing him.

If they skip this it will completely ruin Tyrion as a character.

I don't think they can skip this.

Tyrion killing Tywin is a huge plot point in the story and the motivation for killing your own father has to be pretty strong and convincing. Also his relationship with Jaime post escape has to be one of hostility and without that Tysha incident he should feel nothing but gratitude toward Jaime for rescuing him.

If they skip this it will completely ruin Tyrion as a character.

It really is important but then again there are other things that they're not doing/didn't do that I felt were key points to the plot. The main reason why I said that it could be dropped was because I feel like there are other things they can do to explain Tyrion's behavior if they choose to go that route. I just wouldn't panic if it doesn't happen, there might be another plan. (Or they might hamfist it in at a later time - who knows with the uneven plotting of these episodes)

I agree that it will probably happen at some point, just not with Bronn. Although I did like Bronn's reaction in the book to it. It was a rare sympathetic, humanizing note in his character.

I don't understand why some people think Tyrion HAS to tell it this season. Just because we heard this story in the first book, doesn't mean we absolutely HAVE to learn in the first season of the TV show. We have ample time in the TV Show for Tyrion to tell about Tysha before he shoots his father. Heck, the books themselves provide us with another scene where Tyrion tells Shae about it, so the TV show doesn't even have to write up a new scene.

I don't understand why some people think Tyrion HAS to tell it this season. Just because we heard this story in the first book, doesn't mean we absolutely HAVE to learn in the first season of the TV show. We have ample time in the TV Show for Tyrion to tell about Tysha before he shoots his father. Heck, the books themselves provide us with another scene where Tyrion tells Shae about it, so the TV show doesn't even have to write up a new scene.

Agreed. I didn't expect in the slightest to see it this season. It doesn't become relevant to the story until season 3/4 (depending on if A Storm of Swords gets split).

Basically, we won't see it until the same season that Tyrion kills Tywin. So don't hold your breath, kids.

Also we will never see the Tower of Joy dream. :devil:

I disagree, knowing that story and Tyrions releationship with his father would change everything and not only develop Tyrion but Tywin also. The earlier the better.

Of course they have changed their aproach and developed the character far less than in the books for an action and fact oriented series.

Seems to be a fairly major motivation for Tyrion's patricide. Then again it's still pretty pie in the sky thinking to imagine they'll ever get to aFfC in the TV series, so perhaps they are leaving it out for now until they know whether they'll get to a 4th (or 5th) season.

If they ditch Tysha then they need to dream up some other tipping point motiviation for Tywin to die, if they get that far. If they do ditch the Tysha plotline absolutely for the TV series does that mean Tyrion will never find his lost love in the books? Probably not I suppose, given it really doesn't seem to have anything much to do with the big picture events.

My girfriend, who's an avid fan of the series but hasn't yet read the books, noticed that Tyrion was wearing rings in the Skycell scenes. She asked why Tyrion wouldn't just give Mord his rings, then she asked if Tyrion was married.

It's coming, my friends, unless it's merely Ben Hur's wristwatch...

I disagree, knowing that story and Tyrions releationship with his father would change everything and not only develop Tyrion but Tywin also. The earlier the better.

Me too, mainly because it then becomes a really unsettling undercurrent throughout ALL of Tyrion's encounters with his father, including the next one after the battle. After next week or the week after at the latest, he's not going to talk to his father again until Season 3. I think it's a real waste if we don't see a scene between them with all that stuff buzzing around in the background for another 2 years.

Archived