[BOOK SPOILERS] Do you think they'll skip over Tyrion's history with Tysha?

EddieLarkin

well shae is introduced next episode so there's potential for some more "sexposition". but tbh i don't even remember tyrion mentioning having a wife until a clash of kings. i remember tyrion telling bronn and varys in his chambers one night.

No, he never tells Varys. He tells Bronn around the campfire during GoT. He blurts it out to Shae during ACoK but instantly regrets it. He later tells Sansa he was married before, but no details.

However it's common knowledge around court. LF knows it, and taunts Sansa that she would have been next to be given to a guardroom.

There's really no narrative reason to introduce Tysha's story into season 1, especially as the ultimate payoff for it (Tywin's death) won't come until near the end of season 3 (or 4 if they split ASoS). I agree with one of the previous posters, Tyrion will probably relate it wistfully while massaging Shae's butt in an early season 2 ep.

They messed it up though. Like Shae said only a whore would invite a man to her bed two days after she was nearly raped.

What's your point?

In the book Tysha invited Tyrion to her bed the very night she was nearly raped.

If they messed anything up it's Tyrion not sharing that last detail and there's no reason to believe that he's not keeping that last detail to himself until he has to tell Shae just how much of a bastard Tywin Lannister really is.

What's your point?

In the book Tysha invited Tyrion to her bed the very night she was nearly raped.

If they messed anything up it's Tyrion not sharing that last detail and there's no reason to believe that he's not keeping that last detail to himself until he has to tell Shae just how much of a bastard Tywin Lannister really is.

I think the point was that Shaes claim that Tysha wouldn't ask Tyrion into his bed two hours after she was almost raped, that this claim is actually very credible, and that discredits the story we find out later, i.e. that the first version of the story was the correct one. But I don't see that as a mess up. Shae isn't all-knowing, and Tysha may have been a special kind of person that Shae isn't accustomed to. If anything, the revelation will be more surprising now, which is good.

What's your point?

I think the point was that Shaes claim that Tysha wouldn't ask Tyrion into his bed two hours after she was almost raped, that this claim is actually very credible, and that discredits the story we find out later, i.e. that the first version of the story was the correct one. But I don't see that as a mess up. Shae isn't all-knowing, and Tysha may have been a special kind of person that Shae isn't accustomed to. If anything, the revelation will be more surprising now, which is good.

when bronn said "i'd kill the man who did that to me" and tyrion left of his famous "you may get that chance one day. a lannister always pays his debts" line i was pissed. that was a great part and shows tyrion is still angry towards his father about it.

Archived