Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

You're not exactly selling me on it :P

You know those fantasy series where three pages in you know who's good, who's bad and who's going to be the [insert generic fantasy superman] reborn/who was prophesied?

Now imagine one so cool that even on your fourth re-read you'll be coming across stuff that makes you say "Holy ****, that makes sense now!"

If we knew all the answers, there'd be nothing left to seek.

Now imagine one so cool that even on your fourth re-read you'll be coming across stuff that makes you say "Holy ****, that makes sense now!"

I don't have to imagine, it's called A Song of Ice and Fire :P

Voting Silchas Ruin for being a cheap Drizzt Do'Urden knockoff.

Of course, all this trying to sell the best fantasy book series since the Abrahamic Cycles (Torah, New Testament and Qua'ran) is distracting us from the REAL work of finding those Chaotic chaos bringers. Lets get a lynch mob started on Kallor to really kick things off!

Tehol Beddict

Does that answer your question?

You know those fantasy series where three pages in you know who's good, who's bad and who's going to be the [insert generic fantasy superman] reborn/who was prophesied?

If we knew all the answers, there'd be nothing left to seek.

My problem isn't the fourth re-read, but the first. I keep losing interest in GotM a hundred pages in. Something about Erikson's writing style grates on me like nails on a chalkboard.

</off-topic literature discussion before someone outs himself as FM in the RP.>

Of course, all this trying to sell the best fantasy book series since the Abrahamic Cycles (Torah, New Testament and Qua'ran) is distracting us from the REAL work of finding those Chaotic chaos bringers. Lets get a lynch mob started on Kallor to really kick things off!

I was going to ask you why you decided to single out Kallor, but then I checked the player list.

Next question: why did you single out a player who isn't on the player list?

Oh, so it's a joke vote.

Never mind, then. And here I was thinking of awarding you town points for being the first to try to end RP. So much for that. :(

I thought I did that in the very first post! (Er, ignore the fact that I then went on to RP...)

You want discussion: How come you'd award town points for someone suggesting we start a lynch mob?

I was going to ask you why you decided to single out Kallor, but then I checked the player list.

Next question: why did you single out a player who isn't on the player list?

Oh, so it's a joke vote.

Never mind, then. And here I was thinking of awarding you town points for being the first to try to end RP. So much for that. :(

While for RP reasons I should be your best bud, I'm sorry, but I think I'll throw the first serious vote of the game your way Quick Ben.

You seem to be trying far too hard with those two posts. It really looks like you want to look like someone who's being helpful, asking questions, trying to be an asset to the town. Yet you also aren't willing to end RP, take a risk, put your neck on the line.

Call it a sixth sense, but there's something about those two posts that just scream out "Don't trust me!" to me.

While for RP reasons I should be your best bud, I'm sorry, but I think I'll throw the first serious vote of the game your way Quick Ben.

You seem to be trying far too hard with those two posts. It really looks like you want to look like someone who's being helpful, asking questions, trying to be an asset to the town. Yet you also aren't willing to end RP, take a risk, put your neck on the line.

Call it a sixth sense, but there's something about those two posts that just scream out "Don't trust me!" to me.

How come you're so quick to change your attitude the second someone notes that you're not being serious afterall?

Not to mention it's a retaliatory vote...

How come you're so quick to change your attitude the second someone notes that you're not being serious afterall?

Not to mention it's a retaliatory vote...

Aren't retaliatory votes usually retaliatory?

And I'm quick to become serious the moment I see something worth taking seriously.

Aren't retaliatory votes usually retaliatory?

And I'm quick to become serious the moment I see something worth taking seriously.

He might not be voting for you, but he took away your town points... maybe you're upset that you haven't been elevated from the the rest of the suspect pool.

Out of interest, do his posts read normal or forced to you? The two I highlighted? It'd be nice to get an opinion rather than just prodding questions. ;)

It looks like Quick Ben wants to start taking this game seriously. Sometimes that requires making forced posts --or prodding questions for that matter.

If anything I find it suspicious that he's the first to seriously engage in the activity and then in his very next post bring attention to the idea that ending RP is a sign of innocence. Not too suspicious, just suspicious enough that I wouldn't award 'town points' (as he puts it) to his attempt to drive discussion.

And I haven't read either.

Fiddler. So short and easy nickname.

You should probably keep me around then. My name is easy to remember. Most of the rest sound to me like Charlie Brown's teacher. If we can't remember eachother's names...chaos!

Archived