Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

I thought I did that in the very first post! (Er, ignore the fact that I then went on to RP...)

You want discussion: How come you'd award town points for someone suggesting we start a lynch mob?

It obviously wouldn't have been conclusive evidence for his innocence on page two, but I've seen people urge everyone to wagon a random or not-so-random player straight out of the RP phase as a tactic to get the game moving and provoke reactions (this is more common off-site, though). At first glance (before I noticed the player he voted wasn't even in the game), that's what Kalam's post looked like to me--although I did wonder why I hadn't noticed "Kallor" do anything to deserve the attention. Depending on how he'd answered that question, I might have got a better read on him. But it turns out it's null-ish RP banter and not a typo. He didn't even pressure someone in the game with his vote.

Preview edit: whoa, cross-posted by like a page. Hang on, need to process the last few posts before I can respond.

While for RP reasons I should be your best bud, I'm sorry, but I think I'll throw the first serious vote of the game your way Quick Ben.

You seem to be trying far too hard with those two posts. It really looks like you want to look like someone who's being helpful, asking questions, trying to be an asset to the town. Yet you also aren't willing to end RP, take a risk, put your neck on the line.

Call it a sixth sense, but there's something about those two posts that just scream out "Don't trust me!" to me.

I think Trull made a lot of the arguments I'd wanted to make, so I won't go into a longwinded theory discussion as to why poking and prodding at people early on is important.

But what exactly are you talking about? I don't have a problem with your saying those posts "sounds forced," because that's subjective, and to be honest, I do tend to force questions early on Day One on the off-chance they lead somewhere. But trying not to end RP? What kind of reaction do you think I was trying to get out of you when I said you'd missed out on a chance to win town points?

You should probably keep me around then. My name is easy to remember. Most of the rest sound to me like Charlie Brown's teacher. If we can't remember eachother's names...chaos!

I don't suppose you have any thoughts on anything other than your name?

But what exactly are you talking about? I don't have a problem with your saying those posts "sounds forced," because that's subjective, and to be honest, I do tend to force questions early on Day One on the off-chance they lead somewhere. But trying not to end RP? What kind of reaction do you think I was trying to get out of you when I said you'd missed out on a chance to win town points?

I'd say that it was a step back into silly non-gameplay. giving and taking away again of town-points? :rolleyes: firmly qualifies under RP posts to me.

Nothing especially useful. You seem to be barking, trying to stir the pot. I don't find that suspicious, per se. Someone has to take the initiative.

Kalam whines about prodding questions, then proceeds to ask a bunch of questions. ;)

Also, I agree with Trull in that Silchas does indeed look like a Drizzt knockoff.

ETA -

What do you think Onos and Silchas? Any observations worth mentioning? Unworthy observations?

Leaving Silchas as our only person who's been here since there was serious stuff to comment on who hasn't commented.

That's your opinion. I haven't seen anything especially serious yet. Do you like putting people on the defensive?

(NTTAWWT)

Nothing especially useful. You seem to be barking, trying to stir the pot. I don't find that suspicious, per se. Someone has to take the initiative.

Kalam whines about prodding questions, then proceeds to ask a bunch of questions. ;)

Also, I agree with Trull in that Silchas does indeed look like a Drizzt knockoff.

ETA -

What do you think Onos and Silchas? Any observations worth mentioning? Unworthy observations?

Fiddler. Those are observations not impressions.

ETA: Followed by deflection... even more suspicious.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

2 votes for Fiddler. (Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg)

1 vote for Quick Ben (Kalam Mekhar.)

1 vote for Tehol Beddict (Quick Ben)

1 vote for Trull Sengar (Sandalath Drukorlat)

11 players have not voted: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger.

Note - Some players have a period after their name, because the actual name was already being used by somebody else on the board. Had to use a slightly altered version. If you want to search for one of those players' posts using the search feature, make sure to type in their full name, including the period.

Also, the best way to re-read a player's posts is by using the search feature.

1) Look to the top right hand corner of the screen. Next to the Google search (and a little bit underneath your username), you should see a small symbol that looks like a wheel or a snowflake. Click on that.

2) It should take you here.

3) In the "Find Author" field, type in the full name of the player who you want to re-read.

4) Scroll down to the section that says "Display results". Change that to "As posts" by clicking on the radio button next to that option.

5) Click "Search Now."

Fiddler. Those are observations not impressions.

ETA: Followed by deflection... even more suspicious.

BTW, are you trying hitch a wagon on me based on semantics and an attempt to engage others in relevant conversation? I didn't feel threatened so there was no need to deflect. Are you feeling me out or are honestly trying to get the train going on me?

BTW, are you trying hitch a wagon on me based on semantics and an attempt to engage others in relevant conversation? I didn't feel threatened so there was no need to deflect. Are you feeling me out or are honestly trying to get the train going on me?

That's a touch defensive for a 2 man wagon early in day 1 Fiddler.

Leaving Silchas as our only person who's been here since there was serious stuff to comment on who hasn't commented.

I didn't really see anything suspicious in Ben's posts, except maybe he was trying to hard. Forcing his posts a little bit to make his presence known, perhaps.

It is a little surprising that we're apparently already into the "serious stuff" part of the game, but only because you're apparently chomping to get at the bit. You appear to be trying to take control of the game very, very early. We're, what, 2.5 hours into a potentially 30-hour long day. Several players still haven't checked in, and of those who have, half of them have as many posts as you do combined. And you're already trying to build a case on someone.

This may just be your personality, and isn't necessarily suspicious, but the speed at which you're trying to move things unsettles me.

@Fiddler: getting to Ono and Silchas now.

I'd say that it was a step back into silly non-gameplay.

I'm going to bombard you with more question marks, since I know how much you love them. :P

You're saying it was a step back. That means that means that there was non-silly gameplay going on, that I distracted from with my questions. Sorry if I'm coming across as nitpicky, but what posts are you talking about?

giving and taking away again of town-points? :rolleyes: firmly qualifies under RP posts to me.

Um...do you know what town points are? Just in case you're unfamiliar with off-site terminology, town = innocent.

Let this sink in for a moment:

Giving or taking away innocent points firmly qualifies under RP posts.

Deciding whether or not someone looks innocent qualifies as an RP post.

...Okay, I'm trying not to OMGUS, but what the hell? I kind of got where you were coming from re: finding my posts forced, but it's starting to feel like you're backpedalling.

Never read the books. Names tough to remember. People already jumpy. :rolleyes:

So by jumpy, I don't suppose you mean "suspicious"? Jumpy as in nervous? Jumpy as in over-aggressive? I know I sound like a broken record, but can you name players you find jumpy in a bad way?

Hey, my name sounds nothing like a problem you might have urinating!

ETA: or fornicating. Either way, sounds like a definite problem in the peen area.

*twitch*

Let me repeat myself:

I swear. Did you do that on purpose?

Edit: goddamn it, stop cross-posting me!

I didn't really see anything suspicious in Ben's posts, except maybe he was trying to hard. Forcing his posts a little bit to make his presence known, perhaps.

It is a little surprising that we're apparently already into the "serious stuff" part of the game, but only because you're apparently chomping to get at the bit. You appear to be trying to take control of the game very, very early. We're, what, 2.5 hours into a potentially 30-hour long day. Several players still haven't checked in, and of those who have, half of them have as many posts as you do combined. And you're already trying to build a case on someone.

This may just be your personality, and isn't necessarily suspicious, but the speed at which you're trying to move things unsettles me.

The longer the game is left in the RP phase, the less meat we actually have to work from on day 1.

Would you rather have the game either stand still or simply play out in RP mode for the first 20-odd hours?

Archived