Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

BTW, are you trying hitch a wagon on me based on semantics and an attempt to engage others in relevant conversation? I didn't feel threatened so there was no need to deflect. Are you feeling me out or are honestly trying to get the train going on me?

I disliked Trull's seemingly serious - and in my opinion undeserved - vote on you, but this does seem a little overly defensive.

You're saying it was a step back. That means that means that there was non-silly gameplay going on, that I distracted from with my questions. Sorry if I'm coming across as nitpicky, but what posts are you talking about?

Um...do you know what town points are? Just in case you're unfamiliar with off-site terminology, town = innocent.

Let this sink in for a moment:

Giving or taking away innocent points firmly qualifies under RP posts.

Deciding whether or not someone looks innocent qualifies as an RP post.

...Okay, I'm trying not to OMGUS, but what the hell? I kind of got where you were coming from re: finding my posts forced, but it's starting to feel like you're backpedalling.

A step back as in you took a step into the serious, then hopped back into silly.

I know what town is. I've never seen "town points" used in a serious way though. I mean, come on. Town points? I'd hardly call that a definitive opinion on my innocence or guilt. It's exactly the sort of wishy washy statement that could later be used to either claim you trusted me, didn't trust me, or wasn't being serious at the time. It's totally ambiguous. And if there's one thing I either love, hate or don't care either way about, it's ambiguity! (edit: I jest. I'll be unambiguous and say I hate it. :P)

But anyway, they did seem a little forced, and it did seem like you was trying to stay away from firmly kicking off the serious phase, while still actively contributing.

The longer the game is left in the RP phase, the less meat we actually have to work from on day 1.

Would you rather have the game either stand still or simply play out in RP mode for the first 20-odd hours?

Does it have to be 20 hours? Can't we compromise and have 5 or 6 hours of silliness?

I see where you're coming from, and I have no problems with anyone pointing out posts that give them that tickle of suspicion. I just wanted to make more jokes about that guy whose name sounds like the sound an STD might make.

That's how wagons start Kalam. Then next thing you know a couple FM pile their votes on, we have a few innocents join in just to avoid night and voila we have an townie hanging from the rafters.

Hoods balls, we have a winner! an OMGUS reaction and panic at the slightest amount of pressure. If your last post was an over reaction, this is a breakdown.

@Fiddler: getting to Ono and Silchas now.

Hold on a sec, Fiddler asks you about Ono and Silchas out of the blue and you answer him? Does that seem soft-balled to anyone else?

I mean, unless I'm missing something Fiddler didn't provide any substantial thoughts on either of them himself; It really did come off as deflection on his part.

I disliked Trull's seemingly serious - and in my opinion undeserved - vote on you, but this does seem a little overly defensive.

Why didn't you question Trull on it then? I may understand what he was trying to do, I just don't appreciate it this early in the game.

Hold on a sec, Fiddler asks you about Ono and Silchas out of the blue and you answer him? Does that seem soft-balled to anyone else?

I mean, unless I'm missing something Fiddler didn't provide any substantial thoughts on either of them himself; It really did come off as deflection on his part.

For the record, I wasn't asking him about Onos and Silchas. I was asking Onos and Silchas what they thought about the game.

For the record, I wasn't asking him about Onos and Silchas. I was asking Onos and Silchas what they thought about the game.

Alright, I see that now. Still find it interesting that you're trying to get them to give their opinions when you were pretty vague yourself.

Also, RP is over. Get over it and help us make sense of things if you want me to change my vote.

The game is moving too fast --yes, I know I'm part of the problem-- I have to remind myself of my original suspicion of Kalem based on his reaction to Quick Ben's prodding. Reread of both is needed as I can't recall who first delved into the semantics of what the 'town points' thing means. To me that's an issue that a FM might want to clarify where a innocent would probably just let it be.

I was almost going to vote Kalam in this post because his vote for Fiddler looked opportunistic...except goddamn it, his most recent post was somewhat better. Stop confusing me.

I'd intended the tone of the "well, you missed out on those town points" to be a bit backhanded, so as to put you on your guard a bit and provoke you. Maybe that's why you accusing me of making a jokey RP post completely threw me off.

Change my vote to Quick Ben. People who feel the need to quote themselves (without being asked to find a certain post) are just trying too hard.

Leaving aside that this is an utterly terrible reason to vote someone...um, I quoted Kalam, not myself.

I didn't really see anything suspicious in Ben's posts, except maybe he was trying to hard. Forcing his posts a little bit to make his presence known, perhaps.

It is a little surprising that we're apparently already into the "serious stuff" part of the game, but only because you're apparently chomping to get at the bit. You appear to be trying to take control of the game very, very early. We're, what, 2.5 hours into a potentially 30-hour long day. Several players still haven't checked in, and of those who have, half of them have as many posts as you do combined. And you're already trying to build a case on someone.

This may just be your personality, and isn't necessarily suspicious, but the speed at which you're trying to move things unsettles me.

Something doesn't fit here.

What's the difference between my behaviour and Kalaw? We're both trying to stir things up. So why are my posts not suspicious, but his chomping at the bit noteworthy? Never mind that I hate hate HATE "taking control of the game" as a scumtell.

@Trull: by coincidence, I'd actually been typing something to Oro and Silchas when I noticed Fiddler's asking my opinion on them. Meh, to be honest, I kind of skimmed over that post. I'll take a closer look at him since he's getting votes, but to be honest, I get weak innocent vibes from him.

I'm kind of waffling between several players for my vote right now. Hang on, going to reread before I make a decision.

. To me that's an issue that a FM might want to clarify where a innocent would probably just let it be.

Why would the definition of town points mean more to a FM than it would an innocent? I'm not sure I get the thought process here. I'd have thought it'd be pretty :rolleyes: worthy whichever side of the coin one fell.

Alright, I see that now. Still find it interesting that you're trying to get them to give their opinions when you were pretty vague yourself.

Also, RP is over. Get over it and help us make sense of things if you want me to change my vote.

The game is moving too fast --yes, I know I'm part of the problem-- I have to remind myself of my original suspicion of Kalem based on his reaction to Quick Ben's prodding. Reread of both is needed as I can't recall who first delved into the semantics of what the 'town points' thing means. To me that's an issue that a FM might want to clarify where a innocent would probably just let it be.

Yeesh. Bossy. If I had something to add that I felt would clarify things, I'd add it. All I've got is a niggling sense that Kalam was way too eager to board the lynch train. That's weak, but it's all I've got. There seem to be a lot of lurkers right now. Lots of people playing it safe and keeping their heads down. Though I can't say I blame them. It got heavy pretty quick. <_<

Why would the definition of town points mean more to a FM than it would an innocent? I'm not sure I get the thought process here. I'd have thought it'd be pretty :rolleyes: worthy whichever side of the coin one fell.

The definition is not what they'd find important, getting out of the attention that a perceived inconsistency would bring however...

But anyway, I'm actually feeling better about you upon reread.

Also regarding Fiddler: I think we're making him an easy target. The impression I get right now --and please don't confirm of deny this Fidler as it would violate the rules-- is that he's either new to the game or new to the game as played on Westeros; I think he legitimately sees more then one vote against him as a threat.

Doesn't make him inno, but lets not lynch him because of it.

Before I dance off to bed, can I just make a little off topic request relating to a little pet peeve of mine...

If someone has posted since your last post... even more so if two new people have posted since your last post, and you have something new to add, make a new post. Don't edit your old one. We can easily miss information that way. Totally unrelated to the game itself, but it really is something I get my petticoats twisted over. :P

fake edit: yeah, that was kinda directed to you, Quick Ben. :-p

edit: someone's reading the thread naked!

Also, on a more on topic issue, someone forgot to log in as invisible!

Why didn't you question Trull on it then? I may understand what he was trying to do, I just don't appreciate it this early in the game.

I disliked it, but ultimately didn't give it much thought at the time. If votes were to have continued to pile on you and he kept his vote there, I would have gone from disliking the move to being quite suspicious of it.

Something doesn't fit here.

What's the difference between my behaviour and Kalaw? We're both trying to stir things up. So why are my posts not suspicious, but his chomping at the bit noteworthy? Never mind that I hate hate HATE "taking control of the game" as a scumtell.

He was much more aggressive at it while you kind of waffled.

Awesome, I missed the RP! Time to get into a heated debate about terminology or something instead. :rolleyes:

I think of the players active so far, Silchas Ruin gets my vote. I'm not a fan of the way they qualify any observation they make as if to take the sting out of any criticism. Seems like a tactic to make them avoid attention while still allowing them to point at statements to defend themselves later.

Awesome, I missed the RP! Time to get into a heated debate about terminology or something instead. :rolleyes:

I think of the players active so far, Silchas Ruin gets my vote. I'm not a fan of the way they qualify any observation they make as if to take the sting out of any criticism. Seems like a tactic to make them avoid attention while still allowing them to point at statements to defend themselves later.

The thing is, I'm not trying to sting anyone right now. My observations are just that. If they were meant to be more I'd have used the bold function.

I admit right now I'm kind of basing my vibes on people's avatars, which is not very fair, and I hope to get the hang of it by tomorrow. But dang Trull Sengar avatar looks like a zombie to me, and if it's one thing that Sean of the Dead, and World War Z has taught me; never trust a zombie.

Archived