Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

The thing is, I'm not trying to sting anyone right now. My observations are just that. If they were meant to be more I'd have used the bold function.

In that case, observation for observation's sake isn't exactly helpful either. ;)

ETA: Apsalar, you are still logged in visibly. You should log out and log back in with the invisible box checked.

ETA2: Grammar was bugging me.

The thing is, I'm not trying to sting anyone right now. My observations are just that. If they were meant to be more I'd have used the bold function.

I can sort of see where Rake's coming from. Most your 'observations' have been very soft -- oh, I didn't really like how Trull voted, but I'm not going to directly address the issue-- reaction to people calling you on said comments, or talk about how the game has moved too fast from RP to serious discussion.

The last part is what really bugs me. So the game has moved past the RP stage, why are you complaining about it instead of adding to the actual discussion?

Fids,

(NTTAWWT)

What does this mean?

Kalam,

That's a touch defensive for a 2 man wagon early in day 1 Fiddler.

Sweet a lynch train! I'm in: Fiddler. :drool:

Quickie,

So by jumpy, I don't suppose you mean "suspicious"? Jumpy as in nervous? Jumpy as in over-aggressive? I know I sound like a broken record, but can you name players you find jumpy in a bad way?

Let me take your questions in order. No. No. No. No. And No.

That was easy.

Silly,

I disliked Trull's seemingly serious - and in my opinion undeserved - vote on you, but this does seem a little overly defensive.

It's day 1, everything is undeserved.

Troll,

Hold on a sec, Fiddler asks you about Ono and Silchas out of the blue and you answer him? Does that seem soft-balled to anyone else?

I mean, unless I'm missing something Fiddler didn't provide any substantial thoughts on either of them himself; It really did come off as deflection on his part.

It's day 1, there are no substantial thoughts.

Quickie,

I was almost going to vote Kalam in this post because his vote for Fiddler looked opportunistic...except goddamn it, his most recent post was somewhat better. Stop confusing me.

Yeah, Kalam rubs me the wrong way also. I'd get behind a lynch train on him also. Or really anyone. I'm easy.

Troll,

Also regarding Fiddler: I think we're making him an easy target. The impression I get right now --and please don't confirm of deny this Fidler as it would violate the rules-- is that he's either new to the game or new to the game as played on Westeros; I think he legitimately sees more then one vote against him as a threat.

Doesn't make him inno, but lets not lynch him because of it.

It's as good a reason to lynch him as anything. See the rule of Day 1: there are no good reasons to lynch someone, but it beats going to night without lynching anyone.

ETA: one response to Fids got lost in the mix somehow:

Fids,

That's how wagons start Kalam. Then next thing you know a couple FM pile their votes on, we have a few innocents join in just to avoid night and voila we have an townie hanging from the rafters.

It's day 1. If we lynch an innocent C'est la vie. Got to start somewhere.

Quickie,

Let me take your questions in order. No. No. No. No. And No.

All joking aside, I'd like you to answer those questions as well.

Troll,

It's as good a reason to lynch him as anything. See the rule of Day 1: there are no good reasons to lynch someone, but it beats going to night without lynching anyone.

If that's the logic we're using I'd rather go with someone who makes brash blanket statements like they'd be willing to lynch anyone right now, and makes little effort in naming actual suspects. Any guesses on who I'm talking about?

Rake,

He only asked 4 questions by my count? :unsure:

Hmmm...good point. Delete the second, no wait, the third "No." Better?

Troll,

All joking aside, I'd like you to answer those questions as well.

I did. They were all yes and no questions.

If that's the logic we're using I'd rather go with someone who makes brash blanket statements like they'd be willing to lynch anyone right now, and makes little effort in naming actual suspects. Any guesses on who I'm talking about?

Is this one of those rhetorical questions or "all joking aside" would you like me to answer it? ;)

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

4 votes for Fiddler. (Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg, Kalam Mekhar., Onos T'oolan)

2 votes for Trull Sengar (Apsalar, Karsa Orlong)

1 vote for Kalam Mekhar. (Fiddler.)

1 vote for Quick Ben (Sandalath Drukorlat)

1 vote for Silchas Ruin (Anomander Rake.)

1 vote for Tehol Beddict (Quick Ben)

6 players have not voted: Dassem Ultor, Gruntle, Icarium, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger.

I admit right now I'm kind of basing my vibes on people's avatars, which is not very fair, and I hope to get the hang of it by tomorrow. But dang Trull Sengar avatar looks like a zombie to me, and if it's one thing that Sean of the Dead, and World War Z has taught me; never trust a zombie.

Please try harder.

Witness.

Trull Sengar

That's one way to make an entrance.

Leaving aside that this is an utterly terrible reason to vote someone...um, I quoted Kalam, not myself.

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire! :P

At the bottom of post #57, you say "and to repeat myself" and then quote yourself.

It was basically a joke vote and that should be rather obvious. I don't like your response to my jest, so my vote will stay for now

Seriously, wtf is up with people trying to be as useless as possible right now?

Am I allowed to catch up on the thread and read my role before I comment further? Or I can just continue this way. Your choice. Don't make me drink blood-oil. You wouldn't like me when I drink blood-oil.*

*too late, I already am.

While for RP reasons I should be your best bud, I'm sorry, but I think I'll throw the first serious vote of the game your way Quick Ben.

You seem to be trying far too hard with those two posts. It really looks like you want to look like someone who's being helpful, asking questions, trying to be an asset to the town. Yet you also aren't willing to end RP, take a risk, put your neck on the line.

Call it a sixth sense, but there's something about those two posts that just scream out "Don't trust me!" to me.

Aren't retaliatory votes usually retaliatory?

And I'm quick to become serious the moment I see something worth taking seriously.

Out of interest, do his posts read normal or forced to you? The two I highlighted? It'd be nice to get an opinion rather than just prodding questions. ;)

And your opinion on his posts? It's always nice to have at least a few lines from everyone that don't start with a questioning word or end with a question mark, isn't it?

That's a touch defensive for a 2 man wagon early in day 1 Fiddler.

The longer the game is left in the RP phase, the less meat we actually have to work from on day 1.

Would you rather have the game either stand still or simply play out in RP mode for the first 20-odd hours?

Hoods balls, we have a winner! an OMGUS reaction and panic at the slightest amount of pressure. If your last post was an over reaction, this is a breakdown.

Is anyone really that impressed by this prattle? Seems like a lot of noise to get a high post count, yet remain pretty safe. Kalam Mekhar. The underlined erm -redacted- line in the first post really rubs me the wrong way.

I am also not a fan of Onos T'oolan (Tool). Wicked middle of the road.

Archived