Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

I’m kind of unimpressed with Tehol, Yedan, Dassem and to a lesser extent Sandalath and Tool right now. None of you are really saying anything. Do any of you have thoughts you would like to share? Who are your top three suspects?

I'm kind of unimpressed with this post. We can all see the post count.

Perhaps you would care to share some thoughts of your own? Perhaps an arbitary number of your top suspects?

Certainly.

I've underlinded the bits that concern me in your posts. (I've only included those that deal directly with other players.)

Your language is filled with little clarifying points and asides that you've used to counterract any observation you make. For instance, Quick Ben isn't suspicious, but may be trying too hard, Kalam isn't necessarily suspicious, but is unsettling, Trull's vote on Fiddler is undeserved, but Fiddler is suspicious anyway, you dislike something, but haven't thought about it. You keep trying to have a bet each way, which means later on you can hang back and then point back to your posts as an excuse to vote in however seems convenient. And you've done it 3 times in your first five or six posts.

Essentially, all we know from your posts is that you've read the thread. It's ok to have an opinion that isn't black and white, but your opinions seem to be all the same shade of grey. To me, that's suspicious, it's what FM do. Hence my vote.

I appreciate what you are saying here, but a lot of Silchas' opinions/impressions ring true to me. Nobody likes to be cocksure and dead wrong. Doesn't seem especially suspicious.

Apsalar, Gruntle, Icarium, and Toc are cool with you?

eta- You still like your vote on Kalam?

I already made my feelings known to Apsalar. New or not, I want more from her. As for the other three, I'm holding out some hope that they are just from strange timezones and will jump in with real content any minute now. We know the people I called out have been here, they've just chosen not to contribute anything of real value and I don't like that one bit. I'm still alright with my vote. I've got another suspect rivaling Kalam, but I'm waiting for the bugger to say more.

I'm kind of unimpressed with this post. We can all see the post count.

Perhaps you would care to share some thoughts of your own? Perhaps an arbitary number of your top suspects?

Don't understand what you are asking for here. Please clarify.

ETA - I'm not talking about post count per se, I'm talking about contributing meaningfully to the discussion.

Don't understand what you are asking for here. Please clarify.

ETA - I'm not talking about post count per se, I'm talking about contributing meaningfully to the discussion.

Well, I guess I'm asking who you currently suspect. Doesn't have to be any specific number of people, as that's a silly way to go about it right now.

Well, I guess I'm asking who you currently suspect. Doesn't have to be any specific number of people, as that's a silly way to go about it right now.

Just trying stir up conversation, something meaty from some insubstantial (so far) posters. Do you have a problem with that? Beats the crickets.

ETA - I suspect the low flyers I already mentioned, Tool, and Kalam.

I appreciate what you are saying here, but a lot of Silchas' opinions/impressions ring true to me. Nobody likes to be cocksure and dead wrong. Doesn't seem especially suspicious.

Does it seem useful though? In general, looking at the way someone goes about doing something can be as important as what they say.

Also, being wrong sucks, but it's loads more helpful than doing nothing interesting at all. But I've said enough on Silchas for the moment.

Just trying stir up conversation, something meaty from some insubstantial (so far) posters. Do you have a problem with that? Beats the crickets.

ETA - I suspect the low flyers I already mentioned, Tool, and Kalam.

Kalam is a low flier? What is your definition of low flier?

I've read over the thread and don't like Fiddler, but give me a bit of time to read again and absorb it all.

No. Why? Just kidding on the no. Kind of. Read faster.

I find telling people that I'm unimpressed when I'm in a position of weakness does wonders.

Would you rather I hid or tried my very bestest to buddy up to people? I'm calling it like I see it.

ETA-

Kalam is a low flier? What is your definition of low flier?

No, I meant the low fliers as well as Tool and Kalam.

Would you rather I hid or tried my very bestest to buddy up to people? I'm calling it like I see it.

S'all about language. Whether you come in firing or limp into a conversation. It all means something and demands a response (or doesn't).

No, I meant the low fliers as well as Tool and Kalam.

Word.

S'all about language. Whether you come in firing or limp into a conversation. It all means something and demands a response (or doesn't).

Says the guy who charged into the thread making accusations without explaination (before he knew his role?). :P

Who are you suspecting at this point?

Troll,

So wait, you (Karsa) voted for me without glancing at your role, or should I read that as your role required a more thorough reading then just a quick glance? Hmm, interesting...

I got to say, I think it is super rare for someone to do something truly suspicious on day 1, but did you just openly speculate on whether someone has a role????

Also, before I forget: Quick Ben and Kalam are not partnered. I'm willing to make that declaration for sure. There was just too much back-and-forth between them in thread then one would expect if they were parners.

And then this?!?! Why are you giving the FM tips about how to disassociate from each other?

Also,removing my vote as I won't be back for awhile.

I was going to leave my vote on Fiddler as it looked like that lynch train might still be growing, but this is the last straw from you. I hate when people do this. Plus you are killing the Fids lynch train. Trull Sengar Also Apsala doesn't like your picture, and so far, I like Apsala the best of all of you people.

Sil,

Can you please point out how I've been wishy washy and equivocal? It's much more polite to explain why you're attempting to paint a target on someone rather than just doing so.

Polite is overrated. Are you just asking so you can change behavior others find suspicious? That buzzes my FMdar.

Karsa,

Silchas -- who are you suspicious of?

Who would/will you vote for today?

I'll pretend you asked me. I am not really suspicious of anyone. It's day 1. Seriously people. At the same time, I would vote for anyone. Again, it's day 1. That said, my vote is currently on Troll for the reasons stated above. I'd jump back on Fiddler or someone else if a lynch train forms. I embrace opportunistic lynchings on day 1. Yum, lynches. :drool:

Fids,

Because on the face it would look like I'm trading OMGUS for OMGUSmore. Tool, if you must know. Opportunistic voting. Same as Kalam. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

What does the US in OMGUS mean? You are like the acronym king.

You could be clearer. Please don't answer my question with another question. Who are you suspecting at this point?

Is anyone really that impressed by this prattle? Seems like a lot of noise to get a high post count, yet remain pretty safe. Kalam Mekhar. The underlined erm -redacted- line in the first post really rubs me the wrong way.

I am also not a fan of Onos T'oolan (Tool). Wicked middle of the road.

After rereading your posts and his, I actually agree with you[on Silchas Ruin].

Clear?

And kind of...you. (edit - clarity)

Cast a vote child or taste my blade.

And then this?!?! Why are you giving the FM tips about how to disassociate from each other?

Is this what you think is going on? FM giving other FM tips in the gamethread instead of their lair-thread?

Also Apsala doesn't like your picture, and so far, I like Apsala the best of all of you people.

'the fuck? How?

What does the US in OMGUS mean? You are like the acronym king.

YOU SUCK.

This is kind of stream of conscious and gonna break up my observations since I see Karsa is champing at the bit.

Of course, all this trying to sell the best fantasy book series since the Abrahamic Cycles (Torah, New Testament and Qua'ran) is distracting us from the REAL work of finding those Chaotic chaos bringers. Lets get a lynch mob started on Kallor to really kick things off!

Oh, so it's a joke vote.

Never mind, then. And here I was thinking of awarding you town points for being the first to try to end RP. So much for that. :(

I didn't understand why Kalam's post seemed serious (minus the vote for a non-player) when the other votes did not. I know he said it was just his impression, but I honestly don't see Kalam's post any more serious than the other votes already put down. Ben himself says he didn't see what Kallor had done to single out a vote.

And your opinion on his posts? It's always nice to have at least a few lines from everyone that don't start with a questioning word or end with a question mark, isn't it?

I didn't like Kalam pushing this question. Trying to get feedback on his observation that Ben seemed forced. Seemed like he was trying to get validation which sits wrong with me.

I think Trull made a lot of the arguments I'd wanted to make, so I won't go into a longwinded theory discussion as to why poking and prodding at people early on is important.

<snip>

What kind of reaction do you think I was trying to get out of you when I said you'd missed out on a chance to win town points?

Ben's post seemed off to me ... a little kiss-ass. Just a little though, because when someone makes a point you agree with it's not bad to say so. It's a small point against him, but I've got a few small points against him that add up to middling suspicious. (more later). And taking away town points was supposed to provoke a reaction? Doesn't seem like he was trying too hard. I agree with Kalam that it had a more RP flavor. Could be clash of mafia cultures.

Nothing especially useful. You seem to be barking, trying to stir the pot. I don't find that suspicious, per se. Someone has to take the initiative.

Kalam whines about prodding questions, then proceeds to ask a bunch of questions. ;)

Also, I agree with Trull in that Silchas does indeed look like a Drizzt knockoff.

ETA -

What do you think Onos and Silchas? Any observations worth mentioning? Unworthy observations?

Bunch of nothing with a random prod at Onos and Silchas that had zero bite or insight. Just a blanket 'hey guys, say something. See, I'm doing my part to get discussion going. Stop looking at me now, ok?'

Fiddler. Those are observations not impressions.

ETA: Followed by deflection... even more suspicious.

Really liked this post from Trull. I agree with his assessment.

That's a touch defensive for a 2 man wagon early in day 1 Fiddler.

But I still can't help but think this vote is a bit opportunistic. Bleah - it needed to be done though. Something about Kalam is also middling suspicious along with Ben. I'd place Ben above him though.

Didn't like that Ben felt he had to comment on Orsa and Silchas just because Fiddler threw out those names. Again with the kissy-kissy.

Change my vote to Quick Ben. People who feel the need to quote themselves (without being asked to find a certain post) are just trying too hard.

Horrible vote and might just earn my vote in response.

Hoods balls, we have a winner! an OMGUS reaction and panic at the slightest amount of pressure. If your last post was an over reaction, this is a breakdown.

Eh ... again, Fiddler needs a vote but this seems like an overreaction.

Yeesh. Bossy. If I had something to add that I felt would clarify things, I'd add it. All I've got is a niggling sense that Kalam was way too eager to board the lynch train. That's weak, but it's all I've got. There seem to be a lot of lurkers right now. Lots of people playing it safe and keeping their heads down. Though I can't say I blame them. It got heavy pretty quick. <_<

And what are you doing now? That's right, keeping your head down.

I disliked it, but ultimately didn't give it much thought at the time. If votes were to have continued to pile on you and he kept his vote there, I would have gone from disliking the move to being quite suspicious of it.

For no apparent reason, I like this post and it gives me inno vibes. I don't agree with the sentiment, because if the train would have continued to seriously build on Fiddler, Kalam pushing it so hard early on would not be a mark against him. The initial opportunistic vote would have been enough. I do see the points people are making about Silchas - he is soft - but this post seems inno to me. The fact that he didn't give it much thought at the time specifically. I don't expect that to persuade anyone because it barely persuades me, but I don't think I'll vote him at this time.

Archived