Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

Is this what you think is going on? FM giving other FM tips in the gamethread instead of their lair-thread?

It's a dumb post for an FM to make. It's a dumb post for an innocent to make. I abhor dumb.

'the fuck? How?

Seriously, go re-read her posts. (Not sure why, but think of Apsala as a female.) Why would you vote for Apsala today? Either she is honestly a first time player so she will be easy to read on later days and if she is FM could easily show us who her partners are. Or she is lying and pretending to be a first time player (for what reason, I cannot imagine), but I don't think that's the kind of lie that you can keep up for a whole game, so we can bounce on her if it turns out she's really some super-experienced tricky player trying to pretend to be a novice. QED.

YOU SUCK.

You starts with a Y, not a U.

It's a dumb post for an FM to make. It's a dumb post for an innocent to make. I abhor dumb.

Explain what FM would make that post and why.

Seriously, go re-read her posts. (Not sure why, but think of Apsala as a female.) Why would you vote for Apsala today? Either she is honestly a first time player so she will be easy to read on later days and if she is FM could easily show us who her partners are. Or she is lying and pretending to be a first time player (for what reason, I cannot imagine), but I don't think that's the kind of lie that you can keep up for a whole game, so we can bounce on her if it turns out she's really some super-experienced tricky player trying to pretend to be a novice. QED.

I've never read the books, or played the game and so my first vote is going to be a stab in the dark but I vote Trull Sengar because he kind of creeps me out. :P

I admit right now I'm kind of basing my vibes on people's avatars, which is not very fair, and I hope to get the hang of it by tomorrow. But dang Trull Sengar avatar looks like a zombie to me, and if it's one thing that Sean of the Dead, and World War Z has taught me; never trust a zombie.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You starts with a Y, not a U.

U [FUCKING] SUCK

:)

Apologies for being bellicose.

eta- Thanks Toc. I think.

etaa- I crack myself up.

Apsalar, have you seen anything that struck you as suspicious or odd yet? Are you getting innocent vibes from anyone?

Just quoting this because it's an example of a lot of nothing from Fiddler and more of him keeping his head down and safe.

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire! :P

At the bottom of post #57, you say "and to repeat myself" and then quote yourself.

It was basically a joke vote and that should be rather obvious. I don't like your response to my jest, so my vote will stay for now

So I see Sandalath's vote was a joke that apparently I didn't get either. So a few pages to comment on and this is what we get?

So the easy targets and OMGUS! Noted.

Just trying stir up conversation, something meaty from some insubstantial (so far) posters. Do you have a problem with that? Beats the crickets.

ETA - I suspect the low flyers I already mentioned, Tool, and Kalam.

So the easy targets and OMGUS! Noted. Any you think polite invitation to discuss suspects over tea is the way to stir up conversation? Got a hint for you, won't work.

I was really liking Trull until he didn't appreciate Karsa's entrance. Boo! I am liking Rake, Karsa and Onos.

Sandalath Drukorlat because you really should at least try harder.

(would also vote Fiddler, Ben and Kalam, in that order.)

eta: strikeout for clarity.

Onos is a gut feeling right now. Plus, he amuses me. Being so unabashedly bloodthirsty is always a point in someone's favor in my eyes. Plus I agree with a lot of what he's saying. Oh, I suppose you're going to insist upon specific examples, right? Fiiiiiine. Give me a minute.

Onos is a gut feeling right now. Plus, he amuses me. Being so unabashedly bloodthirsty is always a point in someone's favor in my eyes. Plus I agree with a lot of what he's saying. Oh, I suppose you're going to insist upon specific examples, right? Fiiiiiine. Give me a minute.

This post warms my heart. So much.

Tool-

Explain what FM would make that post and why.

Spill.

Fiddler,

Still waiting on your vote. I don't like when people ask me to clarify what is already clear and then disappear. (I rhyme. All of the time.)

Fids,

What does this mean?

Kalam,

Sweet a lynch train! I'm in: Fiddler. :drool:

Quickie,

Let me take your questions in order. No. No. No. No. And No.

That was easy.

Silly,

It's day 1, everything is undeserved.

Troll,

It's day 1, there are no substantial thoughts.

Quickie,

Yeah, Kalam rubs me the wrong way also. I'd get behind a lynch train on him also. Or really anyone. I'm easy.

Troll,

It's as good a reason to lynch him as anything. See the rule of Day 1: there are no good reasons to lynch someone, but it beats going to night without lynching anyone.

ETA: one response to Fids got lost in the mix somehow:

Fids,

It's day 1. If we lynch an innocent C'est la vie. Got to start somewhere.

Long quote, but I liked all of his answers tbh. He didn't try to bullshit something to make people happy. Those are honest answers and anyone who has played this game will recognize the truth of these statements. It's ok to be blood-thirsty and innocents will hang for bad reasons.

Troll,

I got to say, I think it is super rare for someone to do something truly suspicious on day 1, but did you just openly speculate on whether someone has a role????

And then this?!?! Why are you giving the FM tips about how to disassociate from each other?

<snip>

Sil,

Polite is overrated. Are you just asking so you can change behavior others find suspicious? That buzzes my FMdar.

Karsa,

I'll pretend you asked me. I am not really suspicious of anyone. It's day 1. Seriously people. At the same time, I would vote for anyone. Again, it's day 1. That said, my vote is currently on Troll for the reasons stated above. I'd jump back on Fiddler or someone else if a lynch train forms. I embrace opportunistic lynchings on day 1. Yum, lynches. :drool:

I missed Trull speculating on Karsa's role. Onos is right - don't do it. His poking at Sil is good (but Sil's an easy target right now, this probably washes out the good. OK, officially null)

These posts after I said I liked him boost my opinion. It seems genuine.

Sorry for being late.

I am with majority: never read the books and find it too hard to remember all this cruel and unusual names. But I'll try.

For now, I trust Trull and Quick Ben mostly, Onos and Karsa slightly less, Kalam a bit. Suspect everybody else.

I agree that Fiddler looks extremely suspicious, up to being ridiculously easy target. I'd be happy to lynch him at the very end, but now I'll try to look into some other direction.

This post warms my heart. So much.

Tool-

Spill.

Fiddler,

Still waiting on your vote. I don't like when people ask me to clarify what is already clear and then disappear. (I rhyme. All of the time.)

Just lurking in frustrated silence, hoping to get a better read on things before I have to leave. Like watching a car crash in slow motion. Voted for Kalam way back and I'm still cool with it.

I will say I don't agree with Onos's vote on Trull. I get a more inno vibe than FM. Tool's vote seemed base on the 'dumb' statements, but they don't indicate evil (as Karsa is trying to illustrate)

I think Karsa is trying a touch too hard to poke and prod. I agree with most of it, but the prodding of Fiddler seemed a bit much. I thought it was pretty clear the list of low voters did not include the ones who hadn't posted. And something else he needled Fiddler about that is slipping my mind. Won't vote Karsa today, though.

eta: it was the way Karsa asked Fiddler how Kalam was a low flyer. Again, I thought it was obvious that Kalam and Tool were separate from that group. Overall it seemed like poking for poking's sake to look good.

Sorry for being late.

I am with majority: never read the books and find it too hard to remember all this cruel and unusual names. But I'll try.

For now, I trust Trull and Quick Ben mostly, Onos and Karsa slightly less, Kalam a bit. Suspect everybody else.

I agree that Fiddler looks extremely suspicious, up to being ridiculously easy target. I'd be happy to lynch him at the very end, but now I'll try to look into some other direction.

Why -- on any (preferably all).

Just lurking in frustrated silence, hoping to get a better read on things before I have to leave. Like watching a car crash in slow motion. Voted for Kalam way back and I'm still cool with it.

So you did.

I'm off for awhile and will only be available for short posts up through the end of the day.

Don't be frustrated, spark a bit of conversation. Get your hands dirty. Just saying,'hey you low-flyers, we'd like to hear from you at your convenience, k?' is not stirring things up. You're lying down in frustrated silence because you have three votes? Are you hoping we feel sorry for you and decide to look elsewhere? Fight it, don't give in to it. I'm gonna have to go back and see why you suspected Tool and Kalam other than that they voted for you.

Fids,

What does this mean?

Kalam,

Sweet a lynch train! I'm in: Fiddler. :drool:

Quickie,

Let me take your questions in order. No. No. No. No. And No.

That was easy.

Silly,

It's day 1, everything is undeserved.

Troll,

It's day 1, there are no substantial thoughts.

Quickie,

Yeah, Kalam rubs me the wrong way also. I'd get behind a lynch train on him also. Or really anyone. I'm easy.

Troll,

It's as good a reason to lynch him as anything. See the rule of Day 1: there are no good reasons to lynch someone, but it beats going to night without lynching anyone.

ETA: one response to Fids got lost in the mix somehow:

Fids,

It's day 1. If we lynch an innocent C'est la vie. Got to start somewhere.

Onos T'oolan.

This was the very definition of a wishy washy post. Fidd reacted VERY badly to votes on him, but ultimately this seems far more scummy.

So wait, you (Karsa) voted for me without glancing at your role,

Nice role fishing! Plus a little over-reactive to a vote at this stage. Welcome to Tier Fiddler. (hint: It's a tier below Tier Onos but above Tier Everyone else.)

Because on the face it would look like I'm trading OMGUS for OMGUSmore. Tool, if you must know. Opportunistic voting. Same as Kalam. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I agree with your intent to vote him, HATE your reasoning. You really are coming across as a giant OMGUS so far.

So, having caught up, I can say that Tool has taken top spot on my FMdar. Trull and Fidd share the tier below. Right now I won't lynch Karsa or Quick Ben, and would be reluctant to lynch Toc.

Archived