[book spoilers] Jaime & Season 2

Brewmaster

They can have this scene of Cersei Fucking Lancel and not getting really excited then for a moment it turns into Jamie she gets really going and after its done the Jamie image says something pathetic to bring her back to reality, "yah, I'm fucking my pathetic cousin instead of my hot brother"

Dany only has 5 chapters in aCoK so she will most likely be in only ~half the episodes as well. There are several characters without much to do next season, though Jaime's certainly an extreme case. This is why i'm not terribly worried about the S2 only having 10 episodes.

See, I interpret that differently. :) They might feel they need to give characters like Dany and Jon more to do in S2 (maybe moving forward events from aSoS) because otherwise they do indeed have small roles.

I'm not sure who thefavourite characters in the TV series are but if they were Ned, Robert, Dany, Jon, Drogo, Robb and Jaime then D&D are in a little difficulty? :P (Now admittedly, i'm sure Tyrion features in that list in reality. And Arya).

But anyhow, this is the problem with the adaptation. Normally major characters in 1 season, remain major characters in the next (if still alive). So it'll be interesting to see how D&D deals with it. Because if they start adding lots of scenes, there is a lot of aCoK to cover also.

Well, let's look at how much Jaime is in the first season:

Winter is Coming: Jaime is in this episode pretty prominently.

The Kingsroad: Jaime is in the first scene with Tyrion and the rest of his family, but that's it.

Lord Snow: He has a couple scenes in this episode, where he talks to Ned and then King Robert

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things: He has one scene with Jory.

The Wolf and the Lion: He has one scene in this as well, but it's a pretty big and epic scene where he kills Jory and duels Ned.

A Golden Crown: Jaime doesn't appear in this episode.

You Win or You Die: He has the beginning scene with Tywin, that's it.

The Pointy End: Jaime is absent from this episode.

Baelor: He has one scene, where he is captured and challenges Robb.

Fire and Blood: Hasn't aired yet, but I think he'll be in this episode a decent amount.

So, if my assumption is right that Jaime will be in the next episode a decent amount, Jaime has only been in 4 episodes this season prominently, four episodes where he has one scene, and two episodes that he wasn't in. So, although he's been in the first season a lot more than he was in the first book, he hasn't been nearly as prominent as Ned, Dany, Tyrion, Dany, Jorah, or even Robert (while he was still alive). Jaime did the most early on in the season, he's actually barely been in the second half.

So, do I think that Jaime will barely be in the second season? Absolutely. Arguably the main character of The Wire appeared only in four episodes of it's fourth season, which is how much I anticipate Jaime showing up in season 2, and Jaime can hardly argued as the main character of the series.

And in so far as fan favorites go, the fan favorites of the show seem pretty similar to the books: Tyrion, Jon, Arya, Ned, Dany, and Robb (at least, recently). Now, Ned is dead, and Dany won't be in season 2 as much, but Tyrion, Jon, and Arya have a lot to do in book 2, and they're most likely giving Robb his own subplot. So, I'm not worried.

Archived