[Book Spoilers] EP108 Discussion

Ran

That was a great scene with Ser Barristan. OMG want to punch Joffrey in the fucking face.

Didn't love the way it ended, but this is probably my favorite episode so far.

Bonus, no sexposition!

I don't like the actress who plays Sansa--her eyes never change, it creeps me out!

BEST LINE OF THE EPISODE--Cersei & co. bring Sansa in to force her to write the letters, they hint that as a traitor's daughter she might start hatching plots. Sansa answers: "I'll be a good wife. I'll be a queen just like you--I won't...hatch anything." Cersei blinks and sits there blank for a long moment.

hahahahaha, a line worthy of Littlefinger or Tyrion himself. Thanks, George!!

:lol:

If I hadn't read the books I don't know where I'd put this episode but I have so..

This was the best episode. It was no in small part due to the source material and where we are in the book, and of course an assist from the dude who wrote this episode. This is how it should have been all along and how it could be going forward. Next week = big meaty A+ source material and no George writing it.

Good luck.

I think taking out Sansa betraying Ned to the Queen was a good thing. She was already too unsympathetic in the show, that would have gone too far.

I wonder how and when they are going to have Tyrion explain about Tysha now.

holy shit, I loved this episode. The only thing I missed was the implication that Ned could get sent to the Wall. I am sure they'll hammer on that next episode as part of the proposed "mercy," but I could see how non-book readers might forget that this option is open to Ned.

"I see you haven't been wasting away!" :lol:

This (episode) is such a meaty part of the book. I can't wait to get back to it in my re-read.

bold mine. and you aren't kidding. HOLY MOLY HODOR!!!!! :stunned: :lol:

Totally dug this episode, though as someone else mentioned, the ending did seem a bit anticlimactic in comparison to the rest of the series.

Barristan!

Robb!!

Syrio!!!!

I think showing Selmy killing the two guards would have been a much better ending.

Sansa needs some facial expressions, seriously.

All the hints of Ned living are really mean; building way too much hope, but I suppose that will cause a bigger impact.

Syrio scene was awesome. Showing the fight and demonstrating his agility made it seem even more likely he made it out of the fight alive.

Very good episode, though, not as good as 6 and 7. I wish they had fleshed the arya killing the kid scene a little more-too quick. I sort of wish they had made Sansa a little more emotional-a little too calm. Hill tribe was awesome as is pretty much every scene with Tyrion. Wall attack scene was solid but felt like they could have been done a little better. I really like the actress playing Osha-really hits the right note with her character makes her a little less cariacaturish than the book.

Brilliant episode. Bravo George! The scene Barristan was perfect, Joffery is a shit and I nearly shed a tear the Brave.

I would have thought Timmet to be smaller than Shagga, but Chella is just as I imagined. Same with the Greatjon.

Still though, probably the most memorable scene of the series so far, Syrio and the red cloaks. Amazing, the whole sequence, amazing.

The scene with the wight seemed rushed. I would have liked to see Ghost help Jon, but Grey Wind biting off the Greatjon's fingers really made up for it. Best episode of the series.

I agree with steele, Martin should write every episode. This was by far the best one.

Thank GOD no ridiculous sex scene stealing precious time from all that was going on.

ROBB and Greywind!

Rickon!

Syrio lives!

"I won't hatch anything." Priceless.

1. Martin should write every episode, this one was far, far better than the others.

Agreed that it was better, though the others aren't so much worse that I would rather Martin take them all and have the next books delayed even more.

Three questions

Why cut Tyrion's Oscar speech about Tysha, I can only hope it's been moved to a later episode

Will we see the actor playing Syrio playing Janquen?

Might we see Selmy leaving King's landing next week to set up season 2?

And finally lets all give Hodor a round of applause for giving us this week's sexposition, I can't believe he managed to get in all that detail in his brief scene.

Archived