How Would You Rate Episode 108?

Ran

295 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Great episode which could have been a 9 but gets a -2 from me because they cut Tyrion's Oscar speech. All Roz's fault, it's Roz fault we never got my number 2 favorite scene in the book with the Hound in the Darkness and now it's Roz's fault again we never got to see Tyrion tells us about Tysha! It's his Oscar speech! They cut out his bloody Oscar speech.

Now I'll have to embezzle the require money to hire Peter and the actor planning Bron to get them to act out that scene instead.

My first 10. My biggest complaint about the episode was probably the weird editing/shooting when Arya killed the stableboy--totally threw me out of the story and reminded me I was watching a video camera.

But that's a minor quibble!! Loved it!

Great episode. Great moments. Maybe to many moments? I think so. I give it an 8.

My big complaint is how much jumping around the world we did. We never had a chance to digest a scene, before being presented with another. So many big story scenes that it was almost sensory overload. I'd hate to be a non-reader trying to pick out everything of value in this episode.

I honestly have no complaints that are worth mentioning.

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. (Remember kids, I'm new to the series). I will have to watch again to digest properly. But I was overwhelmed in a fantastically good way.

Mt first 10 of the series. Love love loved it. I would go into more depth but I don't want to spoil anyone.

The scene I think was my favorite, jumped out of no where. I never would have expected it to be my favorite of this wonderful wonderful episode but... It was Osha's words to Bran. I got the shivers.

Solid 9. I don't have a real complaint about any of the scenes for the first time - they were all beautifully written and acted - but there were no "WTF HOLY SHIT" moments, save for possibly Syrio's, and maybe Drogo's. Main reason it loses a point was the anti-climactic ending...but given the endings in store for the final two episodes, I don't really mind.

My big complaint is how much jumping around the world we did. We never had a chance to digest a scene, before being presented with another. So many big story scenes that it was almost sensory overload. I'd hate to be a non-reader trying to pick out everything of value in this episode.

I agree, but there's really no other way to do it. This part of the book has a ton of important stuff going on, and they only have so much time. I actually thought they did a fantastic job with the hour of time they had to work with.

but there were no "WTF HOLY SHIT" moments,

I disagree. Are you a reader? Meaning, did you know what was going to happen before hand? I am reading the books but I've kept my pace slow and I have not gotten to this point. And I did not STOP saying HOLY SHIT the entire episode.

But if you have read the books I can see how this build up to the final conclusion episode wouldn't have a lot of jaw droppers for you.

I give it a 7. Good episode, but the directing was pretty poor for the first twenty minutes or so. Way too much scene-jumping around KL, showing random knights killing commoners (Eddard's household, apparently) and Arya's stab scene and the wight scene both were pretty rushed.

All things Robb were awesome, though.

I give it a 7. Good episode, but the directing was pretty poor for the first twenty minutes or so. Way too much scene-jumping around KL, showing random knights killing commoners (Eddard's household, apparently) and Arya's stab scene and the wight scene both were pretty rushed.

All things Robb were awesome, though.

This is pretty much my feelings exactly, except I'd also point out Drogo and Syrio as being awesome. A 7 from me as well. Very good episode, but not my favorite.

Edited by Tyrion Lannister

I disagree. Are you a reader? Meaning, did you know what was going to happen before hand? I am reading the books but I've kept my pace slow and I have not gotten to this point. And I did not STOP saying HOLY SHIT the entire episode.

But if you have read the books I can see how this build up to the final conclusion episode wouldn't have a lot of jaw droppers for you.

I am a reader, yes, so I know what's going to happen, but seeing events unfold onscreen can still give me those "holy shit" moments. Examples of that include...

-Seeing the Wall for the first time

-Seeing the sky cells

-Arya's first lesson

And I could go on. Every scene in this episode was very well done and there were a couple of really exciting moments like I said, but not enough to warrant a perfect 10. The next two episodes may very well earn 10s easily though... :smoking:

Great episode which could have been a 9 but gets a -2 from me because they cut Tyrion's Oscar speech. All Roz's fault, it's Roz fault we never got my number 2 favorite scene in the book with the Hound in the Darkness and now it's Roz's fault again we never got to see Tyrion tells us about Tysha! It's his Oscar speech! They cut out his bloody Oscar speech.

Now I'll have to embezzle the require money to hire Peter and the actor planning Bron to get them to act out that scene instead.

Oh come on, do you really think they won't at some point relay that info since it's so central to his character? I'm betting they will, and in a more interesting way than having him just tell Bronn while sitting around a fire.

If you had never read the books, would you rate the episode higher?

Okay, so maybe I'm the oddball of the movie ratings then. I have been very stingy with the #'s so far with a 7 being the best I've given. I have admitted more than once that my being a series fan-boy has skewed my opinions with all the deviations and such from the books. So surprise! I give my first rating above a 7. I gave it a ten!!!!!!

I liked it so much I think because it felt like they finally followed the storyline to a "T". For the first time it watched like it read for me. (unfortunately that is my fucked up criteria for the series so far) I don't mind slight omissions or word twists, but I can't stand shit in the series that never happened. So I'm happy for once.

Edited by YoDaddy

I'm just wondering if they will have Roose Bolton in this season or the next? I am hoping to see him at some point.

That is the question I had that I forgot about. Was he in the Northerners tent? (I assume so) Did they introduce him and I missed it?

There are some really weird cuts -- including a random and useless shot of Eddard being kicked. And I seem to remember some involuntary hissing as from a sudden small wound, but I don't remember why so it can't have been too bad. I did think some bits were rushed.

OTOH, I think it's hands-down the most competent, faithful and sincere episode to date and I was flabbergasted and dismayed to see it over so quickly.