How Would You Rate Episode 108?

Ran

295 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

My favourite episode since ep 1. Robb's development is really working, and despite the complaints, I found Sansa quite endearing in this episode. Well, maybe not endearing, but definitely sympathetic - and a bit closer to the book Sansa (I've only read GoT so far).

I also feel I should shout out to Bran, and Hempstead-Wright who plays him. I'm biased because Bran is one of my favourite characters along with Arya (He has that kind of innocence that stands out on a show like this), but I've not seen many people mention him when talking about the best actors of this series. It's his first performance in any production and he's doing a marvellous job, at times for whole 5 minute scenes where he's doing one-on-one acting. This episode he was very strong, especially in the scene with Osha.

I also don't find the structure of the episodes too misleading. There's a lot going on, yes, but people would complain if everything wasn't explained adequately. I did find Kevan (is it Kevan?); Tywin's man, a bit too similar to Selmy in looks though.

Anyway, why does it matter book-Arya was left-handed? Are there hints I've missed?

ETA: (damn, my very first post & I'm correcting stuff). As to hints I've missed, having read the books to date, I humbly concede I had nae clue as to the intimate nature of the Loras/Renly relationship. I missed all of the clues dropped in the books, whatever they were... if there were really any to be had. Thus I am open to criticism.

In the grand scheme of things, no - it doesn't make much difference. During the first lesson Syrio did note that she grabbed the sword left handed and stated how that could help her, but other than that it hasn't been a "thing" in the story.

For me - a 9. I didn't really care about the editing of Arya's stab but the fight with the wight was less than expected and while the fight Drogo had was bad ass the cut that apparently will end up killing him looks like less than I have done to myself shaving.

For me - a 9. I didn't really care about the editing of Arya's stab but the fight with the wight was less than expected and while the fight Drogo had was bad ass the cut that apparently will end up killing him looks like less than I have done to myself shaving.

It's been a while since I read that part, but I seem to remember the wound Drogo got being really serious in the book. Like actually life-threatening, not the kind of thing a huge warrior king like Drogo would just walk off.

It's been a while since I read that part, but I seem to remember the wound Drogo got being really serious in the book. Like actually life-threatening, not the kind of thing a huge warrior king like Drogo would just walk off.

And I quote:

"The arakh cut was wide but shallow; his left nipple was gone, and a flap of bloody flesh and skin dangled from his chest like a wet rag."

That's definitely a far cry from how it looked like in the show :P

Your face must look like a scarred mess then. ;) As for the show they are clearly going to emphasize that it's Mirri that infests his wound and thus that Dany's choice kills him and destroys the khalesaar.

And I quote:

"The arakh cut was wide but shallow; his left nipple was gone, and a flap of bloody flesh and skin dangled from his chest like a wet rag."

That's definitely a far cry from how it looked like in the show :P

Thanks. I should really pay more attention when I'm rereading this stuff.

I really enjoyed this episode! As a reader and long time fan I found it to be the best one yet and the most accurate to the books. Because none other than GRRM wrote it himself. There were no random made up scenes, or pointless sex scenes which weren't in the books, but there just to show T&A. My Biggest complaint to date with the entire show is that because they are doing the entire book in only 10 episodes, they have omitted so many key details, big and small, which fills in a lot of back story, and explains why characters do what they do. I just hope they do a Clash of Kings with more than 10 episodes.

I feel Martin did a good job in getting as many details in the books, into the episode.

Edited by Jaric

AKAIK Drogo´s injury was healing properly but he got the bandage away and put some mudd or shit on the wound and that is why it festered. He took it away because it was "itching".

When we finally see what Mirri did to Dany and Drogo when she had the chance I have a very hard time believing that she ever tried to help Drogo. She didn't even care about her own life anymore, she just wanted to destroy the ones that destroyed her life and people. Seeing how it was GRRM who wrote this episode this could be further indication of that, unless they change anything in the coming episodes.

I gave it a 9. It was the best episode so far for me. It felt dense and solid, lacking the highs and lows of previous episodes.

I also agree 100% with Ran:

See, the writing? Lovely. The characters? In some cases, they just seemed more real to me, more like what GRRM intended, as if he just sort of shaded things a little differently -- not in a way that was inconsistent with the show, mind you, but just ... by omission, maybe, doing things so they came a little nearer the book.

One observation: seeing Robb getting enough attention this episode, I really wish he had been given more development throughout the show. It felt awfully abrupt compared with what we've seen of him so far.

One observation: seeing Robb getting enough attention this episode, I really wish he had been given more development throughout the show. It felt awfully abrupt compared with what we've seen of him so far.

I agree, though I thought he was always pretty boring and underdeveloped in the books too.

But i still don't like Tywin! Totally not how i imagined him :(

One of the best episodes so far. Dance is awesome as Tywin. How you imagine a character should not have a siginificant bearing on how much you like them.

Woohoo!! Best ep yet, and my first 10 rating. This is how all the eps should be. Lots of dialogue straight from the book. Cheered every time I heard em. Tywin, Tyrion, Bron, Jon, ~~VARYS~~! ... awesome stuff. If only all the eps were done like this one.

While I thought this was among the best episodes, my father, who is a non-reader, thought it was the worst. Ned had already been captured last episode, and he wanted some indication as to the story line of breaking him out.

Hopefully he still wants to watch after next episode... :unsure: