How Would You Rate Episode 108?

Ran

295 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

And I quote:

"The arakh cut was wide but shallow; his left nipple was gone, and a flap of bloody flesh and skin dangled from his chest like a wet rag."

That's definitely a far cry from how it looked like in the show :P

True... but it was still a long, deep, full thickness wound into subcutaneous tissue and (probably) muscle made by a dirty blade. Wouldn't take much for that to become infected...

Anyway, great episode, no qualms or complaints whatsoever. Reading some of these posts here, however, is reminding me a little too much of the kind of nitpicking and anal attention to minute details that is characteristic of Trekkies...

I loved the episode. I believe they did great justice to Syrio's scene and overall it's just quite excellent. Even the Septa had a good scene. I do hope in the future episodes, and ACOK, we have more Hound scenes. Hopefully that'll be the case.

NO BLACKFISH????? Isn't he supposted to be one of the greatests generals in westeros? Wasn't he the one who urged rob to go with the strategy to release Riverrun? How did rob all the sudden know the perfect strategies? They going to make Rob a super awesome war general and then have him make a terrible strategic blunder....makes no sense. They need to bring in the blackfish. Besides who will command his outriders and "promise they do not know you are coming"?

I voted 8 just because of that.

NO BLACKFISH????? Isn't he supposted to be one of the greatests generals in westeros? Wasn't he the one who urged rob to go with the strategy to release Riverrun? How did rob all the sudden know the perfect strategies? They going to make Rob a super awesome war general and then have him make a terrible strategic blunder....makes no sense. They need to bring in the blackfish. Besides who will command his outriders and "promise they do not know you are coming"?

I voted 8 just because of that.

No, the Blackfish has nothing to do with that strategy. In the book the Greatjon wants Robb to attack Tywin while the Glovers and Karstarks urges him to join with Edmure against Jaime. It's then Robb himself that comes up with it in the book while he's talking to his mother alone. So your opinion about it not making any sense therefor applies to the book as well.

No, the Blackfish has nothing to do with that strategy. In the book the Greatjon wants Robb to attack Tywin while the Glovers and Karstarks urges him to join with Edmure against Jaime. It's then Robb himself that comes up with it in the book while he's talking to his mother alone. So your opinion about it not making any sense therefor applies to the book as well.

Even with that it will have effects down the road. Who will command at Riverrun when Rob is gone? Cat's Brother (that means they have to rewrite him)? What will happen to "A blackfish, on the blackriver, on a black night?" That will change the Winds of Winter forever.

Even with that it will have effects down the road. Who will command at Riverrun when Rob is gone? Cat's Brother (that means they have to rewrite him)? What will happen to "A blackfish, on the blackriver, on a black night?" That will change the Winds of Winter forever.

The Blackfish will be cast in the next season.

I rated this episode higher than i have any other this season, but i still wasn't in love with it. Nice to see Ghost and a flash of Greywind tho.

Edited by Relic

• 7 months later...

I loved this episode! It was really exciting in the beginning with everything going on in KL. Syrio and Arya's "not today" scene was great and I teared a little when she left him. Septa Mordane was also incredibly brave walking to face what she knows was going to be her death. :frown5: