smiley list

madking

How do you know what to type to make certain smiley emoticons? Is there a smiley list somewhere on this board I looked around for awhile and even did the search function and nothing.

Not that know of, although I'd love one, too. I can't use the drop-down smiley menu at home because Chrome fucks up the encoding.

the ones I do know (take out the extra spaces):

: lol : = :lol:

: ack : = :ack:

; ) = ;)

: ) = :)

B ) = B)

: smoking : = :smoking:

: whip : = :whip:

: ( = :(

: dunce : = :dunce:

: o = :o

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

Xray, totally out of the blue here, but could we not somehow add a snarling snapping dog to the emoticons. The direwolves are so much an intricate part of this series, so loved, so enjoyed by so many--just thought they deserve a 'visual' of their own. And I predict it would immediately become the most popular and most frequently used emoticon of all.

Xray, totally out of the blue here, but could we not somehow add a snarling snapping dog to the emoticons. The direwolves are so much an intricate part of this series, so loved, so enjoyed by so many--just thought they deserve a 'visual' of their own. And I predict it would immediately become the most popular and most frequently used emoticon of all.

ETA: I take it the answer to this is 'no?' :worried:

No, it just means that we don't have much time to visit the low-traffic forums. ;) Anyway, I can't actually add smileys to the database because I'm not an admin. Once things calm down and we're not constantly dealing with forum or server issues, I'll point Ran in this direction and he can make the call whether he wants to add another smiley to mix. :)

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

No, it just means that we don't have much time to visit the low-traffic forums. ;) Anyway, I can't actually add smileys to the database because I'm not an admin. Once things calm down and we're not constantly dealing with forum or server issues, I'll point Ran in this direction and he can make the call whether he wants to add another smiley to mix. :)

One thing that may be worth mentioning to him too, is (at least on my screen) rolleyes (below blushing, above stunned, left of worried) has a large smiling yellow face, but when posted, becomes small sad-faced and greenish.

I would guess the link is crossed somewhere perhaps? -Thanks

Thank you, Ser.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Admins,

how about smileys for our favorite great house sigils? a direwolf, a kraken, a cutesy little lion, a smiley with deer horns, etc. I think this sould be kind of cool. I don't know how to design those things on the computer, but I have a few ideas on pen and ink about what some of them would look like. Even a black little raven smiley would be cute.

Is there any way we could expand the list for some ASOIAF themed little smileys?? And who could we ask to make that happen?

• 2 weeks later...