Can't view profiles or send PM's

Arbor Gold

I am sorrowing that I cannot view my content -- that is how I usually keep track of threads I'm posting in. :crying:

Yes, that is very, very unfortunate. I think most people can do without viewing or editing profiles for a while and of course the search is a very heavy burden for forum ressources, but is there any other way to track one's content? If you post somewhere and don't specifically remember it after a day or even a few hours, it's basically impossible to follow up. In other boards there's often an indication symbol in the thread overview which at least shows you if you've contributed to the thread at any point (that would already help). Or is there any other way I haven't found yet?

In other boards there's often an indication symbol in the thread overview which at least shows you if you've contributed to the thread at any point (that would already help). Or is there any other way I haven't found yet?

The little icon to the left of a thread title (in list view) changes slightly in appearance if you have posted in the thread.

The little icon to the left of a thread title (in list view) changes slightly in appearance if you have posted in the thread.

Hmmm, I can't see it, or I'm blind, don't know. I see red speech bubbles, blue ones, and both types greyed out. I don't exactly know what that color coding means, but neither seems to fit the "have posted in this thread" criterion. And then there's the little page with an arrow on it, but this only seems to indicate threads with new posts in them that I haven't seen yet. Care to describe what exactly to look for, for a possibly visually impaired user? :)

I'm having the same problem. The system won't let me look at someone's profile (says I don't have permission).

But I am also for some reason finding posts by people that the system tells me I chose to ignore. I do not recall ever setting anything to ignore any members on this site. How can I look at the list of those supposedly "ignored" and how can I edit that list?

Hey, I know I'm logged in, but when I try to send a PM or view someone's profile, I get the screen that says I don't have permission. Weird? I'm on Firefox v. 3.0 on a Mac.

Hmm, also the list of posters viewing a topic is missing, and on the home page, the full list of everyone currently viewing the forum is blank.

Is that for PMs too Xray?

Yes. Ran takes the board out of performance mode when traffic is slow (I've been able to access PMs and Profiles during weekends, for example), but during the work-week, when most people are cruising the boards, PMs et al. will be out of commission. The only way to solve this problem permanently is to get a better server, which will be happening in August. :)

We have turned off resource-intensive features to reduce load on the server. Sometimes we can turn it on for a few hours, but traffic inevitably starts spiking and so it has to be turned off again.

I am having the same problem, and at first I thought it was something that had to do with being a new member. However, I see others are experiencing the same, so I suppose I'll just wait for things to be fixed in order to add some info to my profile.

Archived