[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Daenerys 4 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder why Dany takes Missendai into bed with her. Seems rather pedo.

I admit I skimmed through this Dany chap. summary, but I still can't find where she takes Missandei into bed, unless it's in one of the other spoiler chapters. And if it is true, then Dany seems pretty highly sexed to me. The fire is in her blood. ;)

• 7 months later...

I been thinking about this too, it seemed to me that Dany character is very slow to develop. She comes across is smart and fast learner growing up, but its just taking so long.

true say, i think i speak for everyone when i say i want her to go to westeros already, the seven kingdoms are relatively ripe for the picking since many of the smart ppl died or left

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got bored of Dany ages ago, and all this prophecy relating to her is annoying me.

What I liked about A Song of Ice and Fire was the greyness of it all, the political complexity and the feeling that just about anybody could rise up and take it all if they had the best plan.

But no, wait, none of that stuff I read means a damn thing. ONLY DANY CAN RULE WESTOROS! ONLY DANY CAN SAVE THE DAY!

blurgh

All this prophecy stuff feels like plot elements from a worse, less interesting series.

And Dany is indeed dull. The only thing I'm interested in here is seeing what happens when Tyrion meets her. Will he be lecherous? Will he be humble? Will he be kind and gentle? Will he just be pissed off, blunt and straightforward? I do not know, but I feel it will be the only entertaining thing in the constant feet-dragging misery fest that is Daenyrys Targaryen. She's about an inch away from becoming outright emo.

who knows? I think GRRM would only read 'settled' chapters, but you never know. I wouldn't mind if many of the Dany chapters reported on this forum were compacted.

GRRM has read chapters that were later substantially revised. The first Jaime chapter and the first two Cersei chapters were both spoiler chapters once upon a time, and both were substantially revised. Qyburn originally didn't appear in the Cersei chapters, and the vision of Jaime's mother originally happened much earlier in the book. And we know that the Jon Snow spoiler chapter that was read years ago (in which Mance is executed) has been changed substantially in the interim.

If I had to guess, I'd say probably the events of this chapter are still going to happen, and they may even happen in the fourth chapter as speculated, but that the chapter was re-written to get rid of what's now unnecessary exposition and to account for the events of the previous three chapters.

GRRM has read chapters that were later substantially revised. The first Jaime chapter and the first two Cersei chapters were both spoiler chapters once upon a time, and both were substantially revised. Qyburn originally didn't appear in the Cersei chapters, and the vision of Jaime's mother originally happened much earlier in the book. And we know that the Jon Snow spoiler chapter that was read years ago (in which Mance is executed) has been changed substantially in the interim.

If I had to guess, I'd say probably the events of this chapter are still going to happen, and they may even happen in the fourth chapter as speculated, but that the chapter was re-written to get rid of what's now unnecessary exposition and to account for the events of the previous three chapters.

if Qyburn didn't appear, whence unGREGOR? I assume at that point he just came around later because unGREGOR has been foreshadowed in AGOT.

Got bored of Dany ages ago, and all this prophecy relating to her is annoying me.

What I liked about A Song of Ice and Fire was the greyness of it all, the political complexity and the feeling that just about anybody could rise up and take it all if they had the best plan.

But no, wait, none of that stuff I read means a damn thing. ONLY DANY CAN RULE WESTOROS! ONLY DANY CAN SAVE THE DAY!

blurgh

All this prophecy stuff feels like plot elements from a worse, less interesting series.

And Dany is indeed dull. The only thing I'm interested in here is seeing what happens when Tyrion meets her. Will he be lecherous? Will he be humble? Will he be kind and gentle? Will he just be pissed off, blunt and straightforward? I do not know, but I feel it will be the only entertaining thing in the constant feet-dragging misery fest that is Daenyrys Targaryen. She's about an inch away from becoming outright emo.

Couldn't agree more

blurgh

Agreed, hope there is another Targaryen in the series, because this one is annoying and a cliche(heroine).

if Qyburn didn't appear, whence unGREGOR? I assume at that point he just came around later because unGREGOR has been foreshadowed in AGOT.

I assume much like you do, that Qyburn wormed his way in later but that GRRM saw the wisdom of foregrounding that plot early.

Hmm, where is unGreagor forshadowed in aGoT? Can someone give a quote or at least a chapter?

Bran Chapter

"He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood".

blurgh

I'm in the same boat. I found her interesting initially, but that faded quickly.

Archived