[Book Spoiler] Preview of Ep 9

MyDogIsNamedDanerys

Preview for episode 9 is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-xIfzxR80

AND WOW DOES IT LOOK EPIC!

Seems like the Daenerys arc will advance all the way through the death of her child (doesn't Jorah look badass in his armor)? Also Tyrion rallying the Mountain Clans! AWESOME! Robb at the Twins, too! Lots of battles! How do we think the battles will turn out? I expect lots of fog for the whispering woods.

Aaand of course we all know what the last scene will be.

New viewers are going to be SO UPSET at the end of this episode!

I think we are also going to see Jaime captured.

Maybe not. We know what the last scene will be, and I think the capturing of Jamie (which also serves as Robb's first victory) would work better as an act of retribution? Maybe.

Also, this won't leave us a lot of action for episode 10.

I think we'll see Jaime captured. Looks like the Whispering Woods will be in this ep.

This is how I see it going down - we follow Tyrion and Tywin, they head into battle at the Green Fork. Tyrion survives of course, and we see Tywin raging "There was only 5,000 of them! Where is Robb Stark?"

Cut to Whispering Wood.

Remind me - why is Jorah wearing his armour and looking ready to fight?

The Dothraki scenes should be very powerful in these next two eps. Zombie Drogo!

My guess is defending Dany from ambitious wannabe Khals looking to seize power following Drogo's turn for the worse. I believe she was in some danger at one point from such a situation and he defended her. Even if not, it's a plausible idea for the show.

I believe that might be Jaime bound and being pushed over at around 28 seconds on the youtube preview. So it looks like we will be seeing his capture and the Whispering wood.

I paused it to check. The hair looks almost exactly the same, though his face is blurry.

I paused it to check. The hair looks almost exactly the same, though his face is blurry.

I thought the same thing, although the armor does not look right. The color looks more Stark than Lannister. Maybe just the lighting in the clip.

I just noticed that at 29-30" in the scene where MMD says "only death pays for life," Dany looks a lot more pregnant than she did in Episode 8. Also there's a horse "on standby" at Khal Drogo's bedside. Yikes! :stunned:

In the preview, Robb says "If I'm going to lead this army I can't have have other men doing my bargaining for me." Does this mean the venerable Lord Frey will be making an appearance in this episode?

Can't wait to hear Lord Tywin say, "They. Have. My. Son."

I think we'll see Jaime captured. Looks like the Whispering Woods will be in this ep.

This is how I see it going down - we follow Tyrion and Tywin, they head into battle at the Green Fork. Tyrion survives of course, and we see Tywin raging "There was only 5,000 of them! Where is Robb Stark?"

Cut to Whispering Wood.

The Dothraki scenes should be very powerful in these next two eps. Zombie Drogo!

After Drogo dies or is near death she fear for her own safety and so asks Jorah to prepare for battle.

I just noticed that at 29-30" in the scene where MMD says "only death pays for life," Dany looks a lot more pregnant than she did in Episode 8. Also there's a horse "on standby" at Khal Drogo's bedside. Yikes! :stunned:

In the preview, Robb says "If I'm going to lead this army I can't have have other men doing my bargaining for me." Does this mean the venerable Lord Frey will be making an appearance in this episode?

Can't wait to hear Lord Tywin say, "They. Have. My. Son."

I expect Lord Walder will be in it - they set it up in the last one by pointing out that the Twins is the only bridge over the river.

I thought the same thing, although the armor does not look right. The color looks more Stark than Lannister. Maybe just the lighting in the clip.

I'm sure it's Jaime, nice catch. I can just make out one of those cool lion shoulderpads that Jaime and Tyrion's Lannister armor have. Also in general the Lannister armor in the show is mostly dark crimson and black (practically Targaryen-looking).

Since this is a spoilers thread, I can confirm Jamie's capture. Episode previews indicated Robb will capture an important figure or something, can't remember the exact wording of the description.

Edit: Got it. "Robb wins his first major victory and captures a prized prisoner."

After Drogo dies or is near death she fear for her own safety and so asks Jorah to prepare for battle.

What I recall from the book is that she had to have the tent protected while Mirri Maz Dur were in there healing Drogo because the rest of the Dothraki thought of it as evil witchcraft. There was a fight, and somehow that was also why Dany was hurt and had to be brought into the tent during the magicking, causing her unborn child to die.

What I recall from the book is that she had to have the tent protected while Mirri Maz Dur were in there healing Drogo because the rest of the Dothraki thought of it as evil witchcraft.

That sounds right. Also, the fact that the Dothraki would come to take Dany to be with the Crones if Drogo died, and neither of them wanted that.

There was a fight, and somehow that was also why Dany was hurt and had to be brought into the tent during the magicking, causing her unborn child to die.

IIRC, she went into labor as the ritual begins, and collapses from the pain - most probably because of the spell Mirri cast (only death pays for life). Then Jorah carries her into her own tent where he helps her give birth to the abomination her baby has become.

Where's Lords Karstark and Bolton in the Robb/Catelyn scenes? I see Greatjon Umber which is cool, but I'm pondering how they'll introduce Roosey boy later on now...

i think roose wasn't cast so he's being saved for season 2 along with the tullys.

so judging by this preview this is what goes down

- robb crosses the twins and defeats jaime

- tywin defeats robb's smaller force at the greenfork and realizes robb went around him

- dany loses her son

- jon attempts to leave the nights watch

- ned's curtain call

- arya watches and is taken by yoren(whatever his name is)

there's going to be alot going on in episode 9 so what is left for the final episode? it's titled fire and blood so i'm assuming it has alot more to do with dany. but the only major things i know that will happen are

- king in the north

- tywin sends tyrion to kings landing

- the watch decides to head north

- see ya drogo

- eggs hatch

seems like a pretty good suspensful ending overall.

Where's Lords Karstark and Bolton in the Robb/Catelyn scenes? I see Greatjon Umber which is cool, but I'm pondering how they'll introduce Roosey boy later on now...

Lords Glover and Umber are the only non-Stark nothern lords cast this season (technically Glover isn't a lord in the book, he's Master of Deepwood Motte, but he seems to be a lord in the show), and Lords Bracken and Frey are the only Riverlands lords, as far as I know.

(edited for spelling)

Archived