[Book Spoiler] Preview of Ep 9

MyDogIsNamedDanerys

Lords Glover and Umber are the only non-Stark nothern lords cast this season (technically Glover isn't a lord in the book, he's Master of Deepwood Motte, but he seems to be a lord in the show), and Lords Bracken and Frey are the only Riverlands lords, as far as I know.

(edited for spelling)

That seems odd to me, given that (I assume) part of Robb's plan is to deceive Tywin, hence letting the scout go. Which in turn indicates that he'll be sending Roose Bolton south with a portion of his foot. Wouldn't you want Bolton cast to see him give that directive?

I suppose we don't NEED him there, but given his importance in later seasons, it might be nice to put a face to a name.

That seems odd to me, given that (I assume) part of Robb's plan is to deceive Tywin, hence letting the scout go. Which in turn indicates that he'll be sending Roose Bolton south with a portion of his foot. Wouldn't you want Bolton cast to see him give that directive?

I suppose we don't NEED him there, but given his importance in later seasons, it might be nice to put a face to a name.

I think that we will hear about it after the fact, and Roose's name will be used ("Your plan worked, Stark - Roose Bolton's host broke and ran, just as you ordered!"). They won't show Robb issuing the order because they'll want the audience to be in as much suspense as Tywin and Tyrion about what they'll be facing.

Totally keen for this episode. Glad to see there has no noticable Ned spoiler in that trailor.

I also noticed in Ep 8 that Shagga insists Tyrion fight in the upcoming battle to pay his debt, instead of Tywin directing him with the intention of having him slain in battle. I hope that Tyrion translates that to fight fiercely, to impress his captors as opposed to staying alive to spite his father.

Robb looks suitably Neddish on his horse methinks.

I think that we will hear about it after the fact, and Roose's name will be used ("Your plan worked, Stark - Roose Bolton's host broke and ran, just as you ordered!"). They won't show Robb issuing the order because they'll want the audience to be in as much suspense as Tywin and Tyrion about what they'll be facing.

They might also just have Glover going south to face Tywin instead of crossing the Trident with Robb and not mention Roose at all at this point.

i think roose wasn't cast so he's being saved for season 2 along with the tullys.

so judging by this preview this is what goes down

- robb crosses the twins and defeats jaime

- tywin defeats robb's smaller force at the greenfork and realizes robb went around him

- dany loses her son

- jon attempts to leave the nights watch

- ned's curtain call

- arya watches and is taken by yoren(whatever his name is)

there's going to be alot going on in episode 9 so what is left for the final episode? it's titled fire and blood so i'm assuming it has alot more to do with dany. but the only major things i know that will happen are

- king in the north

- tywin sends tyrion to kings landing

- the watch decides to head north

- see ya drogo

- eggs hatch

seems like a pretty good suspensful ending overall.

Add to the 9th episode the negotiations with Freys (that should be a very good scene), introduction of Shae... it seems that there is much more going on in the 9th episode than in 10th. But they could only show Whispering wood battle and capture of Jaime in the 9th episode, and battle of breaking the siege of Riverrun in the 10th (not very likely though, besides Tullys are not cast).

On the other hand Lommy Greenhands and Hot Pie are cast (judging from Winter is coming), those two don't appear in AGOT, so probably the first Arya chapter from ACOK is moved to the first season (where they try to take the sword from her), that would resolve Arya's cliffhanger with which AGOT ends (Yoren's knife directed to Arya's head). Jon leaving the Night Watch (in 9th episode), but returning in 10th could also add some meat too to the boney 10th episode.

Will Jon get Longclaw in Ep 9 - and leave it behind in shame when he flees south, as per the book - or in Ep 10 when Lord Commander Mormont announces his intention to lead an expedition north?

Descriptions would indicate that it wil be in episode 10.

I would say they just won't mention who commands the force that meets Tywin. "Lord" Glover seems to have been casted only to provide an additional voice to the "king in the North" scene.

Regarding Jon Snow, perhaps I'd change the sequence of the events: the desertion attempt happening in episode 9, and the donation of Longclaw + the revelation of Aemon Targaryensness in episode 10.

Technicly Maege Mormont is there as well in that there is a woman lord in the feast scenes in episode 8. Granted she probably won;t say anything, but its good to actually see some possible variety.

Totally keen for this episode. Glad to see there has no noticable Ned spoiler in that trailor.

I also noticed in Ep 8 that Shagga insists Tyrion fight in the upcoming battle to pay his debt, instead of Tywin directing him with the intention of having him slain in battle. I hope that Tyrion translates that to fight fiercely, to impress his captors as opposed to staying alive to spite his father.

Robb looks suitably Neddish on his horse methinks.

No Ned spoiler, but certainly some false hope? Varys saying "I could help you out of this mess you've got yourself into..."

I think Varys will tell him to offer to take the black and acknowledge Joff as king, as per everyone's plan apart from Joff. There'll be tears before bed time amongst the unsullied. But cheers at Jaime's capture. Then in Ep 10 with king in the North and dragon hatching there will be much hope and celebration...poor things.

No Ned spoiler, but certainly some false hope? Varys saying "I could help you out of this mess you've got yourself into..."

I think Varys will tell him to offer to take the black and acknowledge Joff as king, as per everyone's plan apart from Joff.

I actually thought that they just cut out "but I won't". Sort of like a "Varys you know all the secret ways around here, can you get me out of here?" "I can..but I won't".

Edit: Basically some sort of version of this exchange from the book:

"Can you free me from this pit?"

“I could . . . but will I? No. Questions would be asked, and the answers would lead back to me.”

Ned had expected no more. “You are blunt.”

i think roose wasn't cast so he's being saved for season 2 along with the tullys.

so judging by this preview this is what goes down

- robb crosses the twins and defeats jaime

- tywin defeats robb's smaller force at the greenfork and realizes robb went around him

- dany loses her son

- jon attempts to leave the nights watch

- ned's curtain call

- arya watches and is taken by yoren(whatever his name is)

there's going to be alot going on in episode 9 so what is left for the final episode? it's titled fire and blood so i'm assuming it has alot more to do with dany. but the only major things i know that will happen are

- king in the north

- tywin sends tyrion to kings landing

- the watch decides to head north

- see ya drogo

- eggs hatch

seems like a pretty good suspensful ending overall.

I think Arya being taken by Yoren will be at the start of Episode 10. I imagine Joffrey being a total dick to Sansa will also play a part. And the sad scene at Winterfell where Maester Aemon gets the raven. In fact, it'll mostly be about reactions to Ned's death.

It seems like they'll be getting a lot of action "out of the way", so to speak, in the penultimate episode.

I imagine Joffrey being a total dick to Sansa will also play a part.

I think Sansa will be a decent-sized chunk of episode 10. We need Joff showing her the heads and Sandor showing a bit of gentleness, and they'll probably add in a Sansa/Cersei scene or something. Kings Landing is the only place without a very satisfying ending in the first book though, so that stuff will probably happen in the first half of the episode.

Jon leaving the Night Watch (in 9th episode), but returning in 10th could also add some meat too to the boney 10th episode.

Agreed, this is what I see happening... Jon rides off into the night to go south and join Robb as the cliffhanger ending for the North scenes in Episode 9. Someone mentioned that he doesn't ride south until he hears of Ned's death when I said that earlier, but they could change it to him riding south to join Robb, who has called the banners, and it would work. (It probably won't happen after Ned dies since that will almost have to be the last scene in the episode).

Archived