[Book Spoiler] Preview of Ep 9

MyDogIsNamedDanerys

you guys have brought up alot more things that should happen in this next episode. i honestly don't know how they are going to cram all this in for one hour of television. i think the battles are going to be really short and we may not even get to see much of it happen on screen and just hear about it afterwards. if they gave the battles a decent amount of time like they deserve there is no way they can fit everything else into this one episode.

Why would they cast Lord Glover but not Lord Karstark? I don't recall Lord Glover having any significant lines or plot, whereas Lord Karkstark shows how unhappy he is to having lost both sons to Jaime during the battle of the Whispering Woods, and this becomes crucial in book 3. Perhaps they merged Lord Glover and Lord Karkstark somehow? So long as they don't merge him with the Greatjon (who is fiercely loyal til the end), at least...

Karstark is in episode 8. He may not be officially cast but there was a lord there with the white sun logo on his armor. I remember seeing him when the greatjon is making his challenge on robb. also i think glover is sitting next to robb because he perks up when robb mentions his name. that's just speculation on glover but i do remember seeing the symbol of lord karstark on some guys armor sitting at the table.

Do you think they'll show Ned getting his head chopped off? I mean in the books its from Arya's perspective so obviously we dont see it, but I could quite easily see it being similar to the first execution of the series, when Ned chopped off the deserters head, brutal lol. If we dont then we might see his head on the Red Keep next episode.....

Do you think they'll show Ned getting his head chopped off? I mean in the books its from Arya's perspective so obviously we dont see it, but I could quite easily see it being similar to the first execution of the series, when Ned chopped off the deserters head, brutal lol. If we dont then we might see his head on the Red Keep next episode.....

Of course they will show the beheading. It also is a nice thematic throwback to the beheading in episode 1. "Live by the sword, die by the sword", as the saying goes...

Of course they will show Ned getting his head chopped off, it would fit so well into the show, and would give the episode an excellent finale, I just wonder how fans who haven't read the books will react to it....

So do I! I have really been enjoying this performance of Joff, what a greatly cast evil little turd.

With all due deference to Maisie, he's been the best child actor so far. His scenes on the Iron Throne have been superb.

Speaking of jack gleeson according to imdb he was in batman begins in a bit roll. His character name is just little boy. Does anyone know where in the movie he is?

You know, the one that follows Katie Holmes around for a while and is all tripping out, seeing scary shit, and looking like Jack Gleeson.

who had earlier been given batman's periscope thingy

Still whigny little turd face...oh....im scared for mummy face..turd...whingy face...

My point is that he has become the very evil that we represent.

He is Joff... and lets get used to that.

We know he brings and instigates more pain.

Lets bring on the Red Wedding!

I keep waiting for him to cut himself on one of the swords and cry for mommy. Wasn't that supposed to happen already? Or does it happen during a later session?

That happens after the Battle of the Blackwater when one of Stannis' men who had been captured yells about Joff's lack of a claim, then Joff shifts around while he's all angry and cuts himself.

Still whigny little turd face...oh....im scared for mummy face..turd...whingy face...

My point is that he has become the very evil that we represent.

He is Joff... and lets get used to that.

We know he brings and instigates more pain.

Lets bring on the Red Wedding!

I think you mean the Purple Wedding, which was a much more satisfying chapter than the Red one.

Regarding Bolton, my guess would be that he gets name dropped but never shown. Either Robb could say that he is giving the command to Roose Bolton. Preferably, after never showing the decision process, we get the battle from Tyrion's viewpoint. Then after what looks like a big win for House Lannister, we get the scene with Tywin and Tyrion where the messenger comes in and says the host was led by Roose Bolton, Robb Stark was seen riding hard for Riverrun. Cue Tywin rage.

Thus Bolton gets mentioned as an important bannerman and sets up next year without casting him this year.

Regarding Bolton, my guess would be that he gets name dropped but never shown. Either Robb could say that he is giving the command to Roose Bolton. Preferably, after never showing the decision process, we get the battle from Tyrion's viewpoint. Then after what looks like a big win for House Lannister, we get the scene with Tywin and Tyrion where the messenger comes in and says the host was led by Roose Bolton, Robb Stark was seen riding hard for Riverrun. Cue Tywin rage.

Thus Bolton gets mentioned as an important bannerman and sets up next year without casting him this year.

I disagree about showing the decision process for who will command against Tywin. I really like that conversation between Robb and Cat. Still no need to show Bolton because the decision to make Bolton the commander is a private one on one conversation.

I disagree about showing the decision process for who will command against Tywin. I really like that conversation between Robb and Cat. Still no need to show Bolton because the decision to make Bolton the commander is a private one on one conversation.

Well, I do too, but I think we would have seen that in episode 8 if we were going to. The reason for moving Tywin to the other side of the river can only be to keep viewers in the dark about what Robb is doing until as late as possible.

Well, I do too, but I think we would have seen that in episode 8 if we were going to. The reason for moving Tywin to the other side of the river can only be to keep viewers in the dark about what Robb is doing until as late as possible.

Yeah, we won't hear Robb's plan until he's already attacking Jaime in the Whispering Wood. Otherwise, the plan would fail. That's how TV works.

I am wondering if they will give the Karstark role to Glover (or someone else) in the series. If the producers thought having a Robert Arryn as being too confusing to viewers and so changing Robert to ROBIN, will they think Karstark is just too similar to Stark and might they not give Karstark's role to another house just to avoid the name confusion?

We haven't heard Karstark mentioned yet, but Glover was cast, and also named by the Greatjon when there was the argument about who leads the van. Karstark is an important part because he loses two sons protecting Robb then Robb has to behead him later on. So we're assuming we will see two sons get cut down trying to reach Robb.

I could see them giving that role to Glover, but I'd almost not be surprised if they made it the Greatjon who lost sons, because the viewers have already met him and the reaction would be visceral... but he's too important to end up beheaded. Will be interesting to see if and how they work in which lords / sons are involved in protecting Robb from Jaime tonight...

Will Jon get Longclaw in Ep 9 - and leave it behind in shame when he flees south, as per the book - or in Ep 10 when Lord Commander Mormont announces his intention to lead an expedition north?

Descriptions would indicate that it wil be in episode 10.

That's what I was looking for - it looks like between 16-17 that the pommel of Jon's sword is a wolfshead, which would lean towards him having Longclaw allready. Course, that could just be preview from 10 as well.

Archived