[Book Spoiler] Preview of Ep 9

MyDogIsNamedDanerys

There's no way the Greatjon can be executed anyway, the sword would just bounce off of his neck.

agreed. also, we've already witnessed that losing body parts does not affect the greatjon. i don't know how he can be killed.

No. We never learn more about Mago and whether he dies or not in book 1, 2, 3, or 4. The early death referred to by GRRM is not Mago as far as I can determine (though to be clear, it IS an "early death" -- just not the one GRRM referred to).

This is just a wild guess on my part, but I'm assuming Ser Rodrick might be the unlucky fella.

agreed. also, we've already witnessed that losing body parts does not affect the greatjon. i don't know how he can be killed.

So far, he can't be. At the Red Wedding, he got roaring drunk and beat the hell out of a bunch of Freys. They couldn't kill him, their blows just subdued him... Temporarily.

We can only hope that he has been chained up. For we all know how that shall end...

Can't wait for the meltdowns after the end of tonight's episode... (Assuming it ends the way we think it will)

A lot of people are expecting it, though dreading it, of course. Over at TWoP, some are practically in mourning already. I was surprised that the GoT threads over there just passed 250,000 views! A quarter million views just since early April!

LOL, I also read an EW 'recapper' advice that if you ever run into Ned Stark in real life and he wants to play poker, do it! That he'd probably look across the table at you and say: 'You should raise now, because I have a really weak hand,' and mean it!

I think the speculation between Episode 8 and Episode 9 for non-readers would have been a little more towards the 'hoping he lives' side if the idea of Ned confessing and joining the Night's Watch had been mentioned. I expect it will come up this week and throw off some viewers for at least a little while, though. Cruelly dangling the prospect of Ned surviving in front of everyone's faces, only to have that scumbag Joffrey eff everything up.

I expect Larry Williams' live broadcast of himself watching the episode to be pretty expletive filled :shocked:

I know! We've still got 55 minutes--quick, somebody grab the nearest dagger and go take care of that little shit, Joffrey, NOW, before its too late!!

:fencing:

This is my first Monday off since it started airing; definitely not toying with the idea of staying up, getting some work done and watching it before bed :thumbsup:

Archived