Favourite Quotes

Kissiq

I just read the line about the complaining dead and laughed out loud. I can't WAIT to see all these quotes comes to life. Not at all suprising that most of them are from Tyrion.

I can't imagine being inside GRRM's head for a day. The dude handles his multiple-personality syndrome brilliantly. :bowdown:

"Courage and folly are cousins..." -Tyrion

"Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them." -Tyrion

"No man should live longer than his teeth." - Irri

" A Stark needs only the direwolf." -Bran

"Who you lie with is no matter to me...although it doesn't seem quite just that you should open your legs for one brother and not the other." -Tyrion

"Hodor" - Hodor

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, remember that this is a forum for those who've only read up to A Clash of Kings. NO spoilers beyond that. Posting privileges will be suspended the next time we have to clean up spoilery posts.

I'm pretty sure that was me. I apologize. I added a quote from AFfC without realizing this board was for ACoK. I clicked on this thread from the forum homepage, and should've been paying more attention. Again, my bad.

Ok, got a couple from Clash this time. It's from Theon's first chapter, when he returns to the Iron Islands.

Balon to Theon: Did Ned Stark dress you like that? Was it his pleasure to garb you in velvets and silks and make you his own sweet daughter?

Balon to Theon: My daughter has taken an axe for a lover. I will not have my son bedeck himself like a whore. It is as I feared. The green lands have made you soft, and the Starks have made you theirs.

I love how Theon's massive ego is deflated almost instantly when he meets with his father for the first time in 10 years. He's expecting some kind of joyous celebration for his homecoming, but gets a rather rude awakening instead. He basically reverts to being a little boy again in the presence of Balon, which is quite a contrast to the pompous playboy he had become at Winterfell. Pretty classic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children, I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post.

I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”

Archived