Alison Pill as Ygritte

Joomy

I was watching Scott Pilgrim last night and realised that Alison Pill, who plays Scott's ex-girlfriend/current band-mate, looks EXACTLY how I picture Ygritte. Wild ginger hair (dyed for the film but I didn't know until I saw other pictures), pug-nosed, short and cute/pretty in a tom-boyish sort of way. Maybe it has something to do with the attitude of the character as well but I can't picture anyone else now.

I know a lot of people have suggested Lily Cole. She's an obvious choice given her hair colour and stature but I think her face is way too pixie-ish, too cute, too girly. I think Ygritte needs to have slightly less delicate features: less doll and more tom-boy. Alison Pill is closer to the right age too, given that she's meant to be older than Jon (probably). Only problem is she's Canadian, but how hard is a Scottish accent?

Edit: a few pics.

Yeah, I can see Alison Pill, she does have that kind of button-y nose that fits Ygritte.

Not sure if it would be relevant or an issue if so, but Ygritte and Jon may have some scenes requiring nudity, and I don't know if Pill does that. :dunno:

Yeah, I can see Alison Pill, she does have that kind of button-y nose that fits Ygritte.

Not sure if it would be relevant or an issue if so, but Ygritte and Jon may have some scenes requiring nudity, and I don't know if Pill does that. :dunno:

I don't think the role would require too much bare skin, it is freezing in the North after all. I know HBO loves showing breasts but I think realistic cold-weather, outdoor sex would pretty much be conducted entirely underneath furs.

I don't think the role would require too much bare skin, it is freezing in the North after all. I know HBO loves showing breasts but I think realistic cold-weather, outdoor sex would pretty much be conducted entirely underneath furs.

Ahh... indeed, good point, I think in the deep north, being sweaty and exposed might have the effect of sticking your tongue to frozen metal...

Imagine the field day the wildlings would have with Jon the Crow if he got frozen to Ygritte Kissed-by-Fire...? :laugh:

Alison Pill is a fantastic actress, and she can do dramatic roles very well. Just look at her role as a cancer patient on "In Treatment." She blows you away. If she can pull off a British accent, she'd do very well as Ygritte.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ohh, she's my favourite Ygritte-candidate!

She's perfect for the role! Her face is what I pictured for Ygritte when I read the books!

She's done nude scenes before, so I don't really think a sex scene will be a problem. :B

Besides - she has the VOICE for Ygritte, and that's more important to me than fitting the

exact description of her face and all. I would really be mortified if they gave her a girlish voice.

Alison can do an aggressive - and also a flat and annoyed kind of voice.

I think we need that voice for Ygritte to make her seem more serious.

A bubbly, girly voice would make her seem silly and childish.

I'd love it if she got the role.

Totally read my mind! She'd be an awesome Ygritte. Did anyone see her in Midnight in Paris as Zelda Fitzgerald? She managed to a pretty spectacular southern accent (IMO). I vaguely remember her having a really good English accent while she was playing a pilgrim in some Dear America episode. Then again...this was more than ten years ago...

I was watching Scott Pilgrim last night and realised that Alison Pill, who plays Scott's ex-girlfriend/current band-mate, looks EXACTLY how I picture Ygritte. Wild ginger hair (dyed for the film but I didn't know until I saw other pictures), pug-nosed, short and cute/pretty in a tom-boyish sort of way. Maybe it has something to do with the attitude of the character as well but I can't picture anyone else now.

I know a lot of people have suggested Lily Cole. She's an obvious choice given her hair colour and stature but I think her face is way too pixie-ish, too cute, too girly. I think Ygritte needs to have slightly less delicate features: less doll and more tom-boy. Alison Pill is closer to the right age too, given that she's meant to be older than Jon (probably). Only problem is she's Canadian, but how hard is a Scottish accent?

Edit: a few pics.

For many actors from North America attempting to do a British/Irish accent, it will probably be native to nowhere, but rather some fairly disturbing mix of stereotypical Irish, Scottish, English and possibly even Scandinavian accents, with the American slipping in every 6th sentence!!! I am unfamiliar with this woman, but let's hope she has a good accent coach.

Well, I saw that Scott Pilgrim movie and have a vague idea of who you're referring to. I don't find her to be even slightly attractive in the least, not even a butterface but as I recall Ygritte was described as having crooked teeth/eyes too far apart, etc. On those grounds I guess she'd fit pretty well.

Archived