Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

It is Day 7.

Three players are still alive.

Arya Stark. (Masonity) was killed during Night 1

Cersei Lannister.

Daenerys Targaryen. (Mexal) was killed during Night 2

Eddard Stark. (Harlot) was lynched on Day 3 - Innocent

Jaime Lannister. (Humble serpent) was lynched on Day 7

Jorah Mormont. (HT Reddy) was lynched on Day 4 Killer

Khal Drogo. (Shadowbaby) was lynched on Day 5 CF result will be announced at the beginning of day 8

Lord Varys. (Mentat) was lynched on Day 2 - Killer

Petyr Baelish. (Monday) was killed during Night 3

Renly Baratheon. (scrahan) was killed during Night 4

Ros. (KingRichmond) was lynched on Day 1 - Innocent

Sansa Stark. (Lany Cassandra) was killed during Night 5

Syrio Forel.

Tyrion Lannister. (the malcolm) was killed during Night 6.

Start of Day 1.

Start of Night 1.

Start of Day 2.

Start of Night 2

Start of Day 3

-

Start of Day 4

Start of Night 4

Start of Day 5

Start of Night 5

Start of Day 6

-

Start of Day 7

Rules and Mechanics

The rules and game mechanics for this game are posted on the mafia discussion board (direct link). All players should carefully review this information. Please note especially that all players must post at least once every 24 hours or they will be replaced or modkilled. This modkill time limit will be extended during Father's Day weekend.

Day/Night Limit

Days will last at most 30 hours.

Nights will last at most 8 hours.

These limits may be extended by the mods, and will be extended during Father's Day weekend.

Every player in the game is aligned with one of two factions: the innocent faction and the evil faction. The innocent faction will win if all killers have been removed from the game. Generally, the evil faction will win if at least half of any remaining players are evil (though this may not necessarily be true depending on the roles of any remaining innocents) or if the mods otherwise decide that it is impossible for the innocents to achieve their winning conditions.

Some roles have the ability to perform special actions at night, or during the day. Some of these roles can only perform a limited number of actions over the course of the game. Players with limited roles of this type will be told what that limited number of actions is by the mods, via PM, at the start of the game.

Please read the role descriptions carefully, rather than assume a role with a given name works 'as normal'. Please feel free to PM the mods if you have any questions about how a role works. The mods may choose to answer by reply PM, answer for all to see in the game thread or not answer at all as they feel appropriate.

Innocent Roles

The following roles, if used, will be aligned with the innocent faction. It is possible that some of the roles listed will not be used, or that some roles will be used multiple times.

You are a roleless innocent. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You have no special powers or abilities.

You are a friendly innocent. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You sure wish somebody else knew you were an innocent, though. One night only (and only on Night 1 or Night 2), you may PM the mods with the name of another living player. That morning, unless you are blocked by some other role, the mods will PM that player to let them know that you are a member of the innocent faction. Note that if you do not use your power by day 3, you will not be able to use it at all for the rest of the game.

You are a solider. The mods have given you the worst possible role. Your power is activated only if you are one of only two players left alive at the end of the game. If this happens, you will automatically win the game for the innocents.

Evil Roles

The following roles, if used, will be aligned with the evil faction. There is at least one killer: but it is possible that some or all of the other roles listed will not be used. Some roles may be used multiple times.

You are a killer. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You may privately communicate with every other living killer throughout the game. Each night, you should (collectively) send the mods the name of one player to kill. Unless some other role prevents it, that player will be removed from the game as soon as the next day begins. You may also have a secondary role.

You are a sleeper agent. The mods have given you the worst possible role. At the beginning of the game, you have no special powers or abilities. You will be told the identity of all the evil-aligned players in the game, though no other evil-aligned player knows you exist, and you may not communicate with any of them. If investigated by a Finder or an Understudy during this time, you will be reported (wrongly) as a member of the innocent faction. On the morning of day 4 (or at any point before this if the number of killers in the game falls to one), you will be promoted. At this point, you will become an ordinary killer (and will be correctly identified as evil if you are investigated by a Finder or an Understudy after you are promoted). Note that if you are investigated by a Finder or an Understudy prior to being promoted, the Finder or Understudy will not be informed of the promotion.

You are a sympathiser. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You will be told the identity of all the evil-aligned players in the game, though no other evil-aligned player knows you exist and you may not communicate with any of them. If investigated by a Finder or an Understudy, you will be reported (wrongly) as a member of the innocent faction. You may also have a secondary role.

You are a traitor. The mods have given you the worst possible role. Any killers and sympathisers in the game know that you exist, and who you are, but you do not know the identity of any member of the evil faction other than yourself. If investigated by a Finder or an Understudy, you will be reported (wrongly) as a member of the innocent faction. Each night you may choose one player to investigate: unless some other role prevents it, the mods will send you a PM the following morning with the alignment of the player you investigated. Note that you will always correctly identify the alignment of a player you investigate.

Other Roles

The following roles, if used. may be aligned with either faction. It is possible that any or all of these roles are not used, or that some roles are used multiple times.

You are an assassin. The mods have given you the worst possible role.

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of one living player. If (i) you are killed before the end of the next day, (ii) the target is killed before the end of the next day, or (iii) the target is lynched that day, you will take no action. Otherwise, you will take matters into your own hands, attacking and killing the target at the cost of your own life. In the confusion, any third person who was voted to be lynched will be forgotten about; they will survive and not be lynched. If you yourself were the intended lynch victim, you will still die, but not be lynched.

Note that, once the day begins, the PM cannot be withdrawn. The player you have targeted will definitely die unless you yourself are killed by some other role before the day ends.

You are a berserker. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You hate being lynched. If you ever are, you'll attack the person who placed the earliest placed vote on you that is still active when you are lynched. This won't bring you much solace though, as you'll still be dead. You have no other special abilities.

You are bulletproof. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You are immune to being killed at night, for one night only. That is, you won't die at night until the second night that somebody tries to kill you and you are not otherwise protected by some other role.

You are a finder. The mods have given you the worst possible role. Everyone's counting on you to find the killers. Each night, you may PM the mods with the name of any living player. If you are still alive the following morning, the mods will send you a PM, telling you whether or not that player is a killer. The number of investigations you may carry out may be limited. If there are multiple Finders, you may (or may not) be aware of each other. If the mods have told you about any other Finder, you may secretly communicate with them throughout the game and you should (collectively) send the mods the name of one player to investigate.

You are a guard. The mods have given you the worst possible role. All you can do is prevent other roled players from taking their special actions. Each night, you may PM the mods with the name of any living player. That player will be unable to take any special action that night. However, if you target a player whose night action is done collectively with another living player, you will not be able to prevent that night action - the partner will still be able to carry it out. (If all partners are guarded, then no night action will be performed.) Note that if a player who is only able to perform a limited number of actions is successfully guarded, then that player will be treated as if he did not act and it will not count against the action limit.

You are a ninja. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You may kill one other player during a day-phase of the game, but only at the cost of your own life. To activate your power, you should post on the thread, in bold, I am the ninja and I kill [name of player]. Nobody who is not a ninja is permitted to post these words. (For our convenience, the mods strongly encourage you to send us a PM confirming your kill, but if you forget to do so the ninja-kill is still valid.)

As soon as the ninja has announced their kill, both they and their target are dead and may not post further on the thread. The day continues as normal for the remaining players.

You are a tracker. The mods have given you the worst possible role. Each night you must PM the mods with the name of a living player. If that player (i) has a special role, (ii) attempts to perform a night action linked to that role that night and (iii) is not guarded by any Guard, then the following morning you will be sent a PM saying: "The player you investigated attempted to perform a night action last night". You will not be told what action was attempted, whether the attempt was successful, what role the investigated player has, or which faction they are aligned with.

You are an understudy. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You'd love to be a Finder, but it seems the game already has at least one. You are not aware of who they are or of which faction they belong to, and you do not know how many Finders there are in the game in total. However, you are the understudy to a particular Finder, and should that Finder die, you will be sent a PM by the mods the following morning. You will be told 1) the name of the previous Finder; 2) the result of their most recent investigation. From this point onwards, you will assume the role of Finder. If the Finder you replaced was in contact with a partner, you will not be informed of this. If the Finder you replaced had a limited number of investigations remaining, you will be limited to that number yourself. If the Finder you are linked to had a limited number of investigations, and dies with no investigations left to use, you will not be informed that the Finder has died at all, and your power will never be activated.

You are a vigilante. The mods have given you the worst possible role. You may attempt to kill one player at night. You should do this by sending the mods a PM with the name of that player. If they are not somehow protected by another role, and you are not guarded, they will be killed at the start of the following day. If you are prevented from acting by a guard, you may try again another night. Otherwise, once you have tried to kill a player you have no further powers or abilities.

Coroner Finder

This game will have a coroner Finder. If a player is lynched, the mods will reveal whether they were a killer or not. Sympathisers, traitors, and sleeper agents who were not ever promoted to full killer will not be detected. The coroner Finder will not reveal the alignment of players who are killed at night or removed from the game in any other way.

Note also that the coroner Finder will not reveal the alignment of lynched players instantaneously. (Forensic science takes longer in real life than it does on CSI.)

The alignment of a player lynched on day 1 will be revealed on the morning of day 2.

The alignment of a player lynched on day 2 will be revealed as soon as day 3 ends.

The alignment of a player lynched on day 3 will be revealed on the morning of day 5.

The alignment of a player lynched on day 4 will be revealed as soon as day 6 ends.

The alignment of a player lynched on day 5 will be revealed on the morning of day 8.

The alignment of a player lynched on or after day 6 will be revealed in Spoiler Heaven.

Teaser Scene

Fade In

Voice Over: And we're on in three . . . two . . . one . . . rolling.

Seacrest: This is Ryan Seacrest with your Entertainment Tonight news, reporting from the Red Keep in Westeros . . . CUT!

Voice Over: Stop rolling.

Seacrest: Westeros? What the hell kind of stupid name is that?

Voice Over: Ryan, baby, come on, let’s get this shot and go to lunch. What do you care?

Seacrest: I'm an artist, man. An arteest. I wouldn’t expect you to understand. You're an overpaid gopher. Keep running your mouth, and I'll send you back to doing commercials. And not even good commercials. You'll be lucky to get a groupon.com gig.

Voice Over: Ryan, come one, man. You're right. Of course you’re right. What do you need, baby?

Seacrest: I mean, how do I even say this word? Westeros. Is that like West E Ros, or like West Er Os? I don’t even get it. You want me to look a fool when we air?

Voice Over : Um . . . we can check that out. Anyone here know how to say Westeros?

Seacrest: It's got to be West E Ros. Gotta be. West E Ros. West Eeeeeee Ros. West E Roooos. Yeah, I got it baby.

Grip 1: Actually, ahem, excuse me, sir. Actually it's, um, it's West Er Os. Westeros.

Seacrest: West Er Os? Really? That’s fucking dumb. How would you even know that?

Grip 1: Oh, um, well I've actually read all the books. Man, they're real good. And there's this website called asoiaf.west –

Seacrest: Man, I did not ask for your life story. Do I look like I have time for your drivel? What, you read books? You think you're better than me because you can read? I am Seacrest! Somebody fire this donkey. Reader, my ass.

Voice Over : Grip 1, you're fired. Grip 2, you are now Grip 1. Ryan, baby, you ready to do this now? Sandy, get in there and touch up his make-up. Grip 1 made him sweat a bit. There's a sheen on his forehead.

Attractive blond rushes forward to dab Seacrest with foundation as Seacrest works his jaw.

Seacrest: West E Ros. West Eeeeeeeeeeee Ros. West Eeeeeeeee Rooooooooooos. Fuck yeah, I got this.

Voice Over : Ok, let's take it from the top. In three . . . two . . . one . . .

Seacrest: This is Ryan Seacrest with your Entertainment Tonight news, reporting from the Red Keep in West eee rooos, the set of the hit new HBO show Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones wraps up its premier season with an exciting finale next week, and Entertainment Tonight will have your exclusive finale pre-party. All the big Game of Thrones stars will be here to discuss the show and answer the questions that you, the fans want to know. We'll have Peter Dinklage, Lena Hedley . . . CUT!

Voice Over : Ryan, baby, what now? What's the matter, man? You were rockin' it, we were almost there.

Seacrest: What's the matter? What's the MATTER? Where the fuck is Sean Bean, that's what's the matter?

Voice Over : Oh, Ryan, baby, he hasn't committed yet. Some conflict, we're trying to work it out?

Seacrest: Work it out? What the hell do you even do for a living? You think I just pay you to bring my coffee and line-up after party dates for me? No Sean Bean? Why is Entertainment Tonight even covering this nerd fest?

Voice Over : Ryan, come on man. HBO, baby! Hit show, baby! This is the new thing man. Knights and castles is the new vampire, man. I mean Hedley was in that Terminator show, right? That's big, right? And Dinklage did that one movie, you know, that movie with that guy, you know man, all the critics were like . . . well whatever, man, he was in some movie. Let's just get this shot.

Seacrest: I'll give you the shot when I'm damn good and ready. Ok, toady? A-oh-fucking-kay? Comprende? You just make sure we get Bean.

Voice Over : We're working it, baby, trust me. We got some of the big stars already, and we're trying to get a bunch more for a big finale party. We'll get Sean, man, don't sweat it, baby. Ok, one more time, take it from "We'll have Peter Dinklage", in three . . . two . . . one . . .

Seacrest: We'll have Peter Dinklage, Lena Hedley, and all your favorite Game of Thrones' stars. We'll talk about the political intrigue, the incest, the surprise deaths of your favorite characters. We'll answer all the questions you need to know to prep for the finale. Make sure you tune in early next week. Until then, Seacrest out!

Voice Over : That's a wrap, people, everyone take lunch.

Seacrest: Incest? Man what the hell is going on? What is this show? People watch this? And we're covering the finale? Holy hell, who'd have thought that Simon Cowell would be the high water mark of my career?

Voice Over: Ryan, baby, forget about it. It’s like the twentieth century, man, there's all kinds of stuff on TV. Come on, you want to go grab lunch?

Seacrest: With you? Are you joking? Get out of my face, man. If I so much as hear your voice again before this finale party, I swear you'll be lucky if you can get a job flipping burgers anywhere in this town. Sandy! Lunch. My trailor. Now.

Fade Out

PM Seacrest. if you want to play (notice the period at the end of the name). Game starts early next week.

Do not post in this thread until the game begins.

Seacrest: Welcome to Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive Game of Thrones finale party. This is your host Ryan Seacrest, and we are live from the Red Keep in West eee roos. We are counting down to the finale of Game of Thrones the exciting new hit show on HBO. We’re going to discuss all of your burning questions going into the finale with the stars of the show, including Peter Dinklage, Lena Hedley and of course Sean Bean.

So if you want to know who wins, who dies and how in the heck they’re going to tie in the Daenerys Targaryen storyline with the rest of the plot, stick around.

Voice Over: And we’re off air. Ryan, baby, you better come here. We’ve got a small issue.

Seacrest: We weren’t scheduled for a commercial break yet, you imbecile. I was about to get some face-to-face with Emilia Clarke. If I gotta be covering this geekery, I might as well . . . you know—

Voice Over: Ryan, baby, forget that for a minute, you got to read this note.

Note passed to Seacrest. Seacrest scowls and hands it back.

Seacrest: "Got to"? Listen, do I look like a man who has to read things for a living? Do I work for you now? Last I checked, you work for me. You read it.

Voice Over: ... uh, sure, anything you say. It says: `The Red Keep is wired with enough C-4 to blow you all to kingdom come. I will kill one actor every night until you deliver $100,000,000 and autographed copies of the complete works of George R. R. Martin to my Swiss bank deposit box. If anyone tries to leave, my team on the scene will blow the explosives. Grip 1, out!'

Seacrest: Holy shit, holy sheeeet!

Voice Over: I know, baby, I know. Don’t worry, the bomb squad will be here in ten minutes.

Seacrest: No, holy shit, this is awesome! Hold off the bomb squad. This lame finale party just became the best reality show ever. It’s like Survivor times 100 with teeth. Finally out of Cowell’s shadow.

Voice Over: Ryan, you’ve lost it, baby. Take a deep breath.

Seacrest: Why are you talking? Did I ask you a question? Why am I cursed to be surrounded by morons? Roll the cameras. We’re going back on the air, live, now.

Voice Over: Ryan, what are you talking about, baby? You’ve lost it. You’ve got like Stockholm Something.

Seacrest: Roll the cameras, or going out in a C-4 explosion is going to seem like a warm sunny day compared to the shit storm I will rain down on you.

Voice Over: Alright, baby, whatever you say. And we’re live again in three . . . two . . . one . . .

Seacrest: Welcome back, folks. And boy, do we have a program for you. We’ve got a real-live twist worthy of Game of Thrones. We’ll explain as we go, but let’s just say that you are going to be in for one exciting ride. Get ready for the ultimate in live, reality TV, where the players will either win . . . or die. We’ll be right back.

Voice Over: We’re off. Ryan, what are you doing, man. You are scaring me.

Seacrest: Shut up. Listen, lock all the actors in this room. We’ll have them send people out, one at a time . . . no wait we’ll have them vote someone out . . . one day at a time. Oh, man, that is so original. Go, Seacrest! Yeah, they’ll get voted out one day at a time, and we’ll like interrogate the hell out of them to see if they’re working with Grip 1.

Voice Over: Dude, you are like on the moon right now. The bomb squad we’ll be here in 4 minutes.

Seacrest: What? That is not good TV. Not. Good. TV. We’re doing this my way. Grip 1 was thinking small time. $100,000,000? That’s pocket change. We’re going to franchise this thing. Real reality TV. Damn, that’s a good slogan. Real reality TV. Someone see if we can trademark that. The note said “my team on the scene.”

Voice Over: Um . . .

Seacrest: Hello! “Scene.” As in actors. Do I have to spell it all out for you? Listen, idiot, you just keep the cameras rolling. We’ll figure out the rest of it on the fly. We’ll do the play-by-play and recaps each day. The audience will be glued to their seats. Oh, I got it. We got to call the actors by their character names. Nobody knows these nobodies. Brilliant! Seacrest, where do you come up with these gems? Now that’s real. Real reality TV. Roll the cameras.

Voice Over: And we’re live in three . . . two . . . one . . .

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Danaerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

14 players have not voted: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Danaerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

The Game Has Started. !!! Vote, Lynch and Kill!!!

Hello! Hello! Hello!

I'm Lord Varys, keeper of secrets.

First to post, last to die, or so the fisher-wives say.

In my role of keeper of secrets I know a secret about each player, which I might tell you, if you're nice, and don't point out how fat I am, or that I lack hair, and a penis.

Show finale? Some of us taped them, then had flakey significant others! Still on show 7, baby!

That said, Point them with the Sticky end, right?

Note: Last time I tried to roleplay as a 12 year old girl, it ended with a visit from the FBI. :( So can we get into the real game? Sansa Stark is a poo poo head, and should just go and die.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Danaerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

1 vote for Sansa Stark (Arya Stark)

13 players have not voted: Cersei Lannister, Danaerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

I should have known that an unJon game would be mental. So many potential roles, delayed CF, trackers, sleeper agents, symps...fucking hell. This is going to be a massive clusterfuck.

Indeed, the more opaque the roles, the more likely the town is confuse its head with its arse, or so the fisher-wives say, but what do they know, right?

As much as I really love dogs,

even more.

I like little birds!

Note: Last time I tried to roleplay as a 12 year old girl, it ended with a visit from the FBI. :( So can we get into the real game? Sansa Stark is a poo poo head, and should just go and die.

Hell no. As you correctly point out the last time you impersonated a 12 year old girl ended with a visit from the FBI but... what about the time before that??? You thought everyone had forgotten, but The Keeper of Secrets remembers, and he'll tell everyone about Bruno, Jerry and that hotel in Texas called 'The Angel's Leap' unless you jump on a lynch mob on... say Ned Stark, for instance, who is doomed anyway.

Might as well put him out of his misery before he starts investigating about who did the hair-do's in this series and what specific medieval torture would befit him.

Show finale? Some of us taped them, then had flakey significant others! Still on show 7, baby!

That said, Point them with the Sticky end, right?

But I thought we were friends off-screen.*sniff* Remember when we found out the show had been picked up and spent the whole night on the phone laughing and dancing around our rooms?

But I thought we were friends off-screen.*sniff* Remember when we found out the show had been picked up and spent the whole night on the phone laughing and dancing around our rooms?

That was before you lied, forcing me to drive my poor Nymeria away you bitch! And please don't mention off screen in my presence, you know I'm a serious method actress.

That was before you lied, forcing me to drive my poor Nymeria away you bitch! And please don't mention off screen in my presence, you know I'm a serious method actress.

Serious? This was your first gig. Ok, it is mine too, but I can separate what is real and what is not. :rolleyes:

And Lady never died and I still have her at my house, while your Nymeria is lost. *sticks out tongue*

Serious? This was your first gig. Ok, it is mine too, but I can separate what is real and what is not. :rolleyes:

And Lady never died and I still have her at my house, while your Nymeria is lost. *sticks out tongue*

Ladies! Ladies!

Enough of this catfight. It seems as staged as Hamlet.

A little bird once told me about a real fight between you two involving a rambunctious wolfhound, a packet of jell-o and a man old enough to be your grandfather.

Now you wouldn't want all the other cast members to know about that would you?

So be nice and play nice!

And vote Ned Stark, the right man for the right realm.

Archived