Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Ok. I am rereading Syrio now. I’m finding it hard to concentrate, but at least after the last Tyrion’s post I feel sure, that Syrio is the only option left for a mafia role. This knowledge might help me, at least I’m hoping for it.

The first posts are nothing but messing around. Then Syrio votes Ros for the reason of not finding her “not-out-of-RL” vote against Varys reasonable, which is a fair point, but, as far as can understand, most of the time votes in the round 1 are nothing more than “hit or miss” shots. Agrees with Cersei about her comments in favour of Daeny, but then claims that, in spite of it, feels slightly suspicious of her for this reason: “She seems generally reasonable and logical so far, so it strikes me as odd that she finds Drogo's lack of suspicion of Varys hypocritical.” Cannot remember what exactly was there going about, so cannot say whether this suspicion was a justified one or not.

Then Syrio questions Arya about her extreme change in attitude towards Sansa: one Sansa’s explanation made Arya move her from the top to the bottom tier. Arya had explained that she’d found Sansa’s argument innocentish and fully reasonable, and after this Syrio didn’t push the matter anymore, probably not being able to find the place which one might put some further pressure on, or just seeing that it would have been a dead-end discussion anyway.

Then asks Ros about why she picked Renly as her suspect out of all the low-posters. Ros gives no answer to this and Syrio drops the matter as well.

Comes to Eddard. Questions him about his non-consistent reasons of accusing Dany and Ros, Eddard explains that he doesn’t consider a day 1 voting to be serious, but then adds that he believes that the day 1 discussions are a further help for analyzing players behavior. Syrio doesn’t continue his questioning, and in principle there’s no need to here, as Eddard’s answer explained his position good enough.

Then Syrio goes to Petyr and asks about the contradiction that took place in two of his posts about Daery, but Petyr is not there to answer.

Finally, writes his ties. The first one includes the people that were being asked by him during the day, the second – almost everyone else, then there’s Dany, and then – Arya and Drogo.

God, I should work quicker…

Right, then Syrio questions Renly and Jorah, his attitude towards Jorah being a much more negative one. Subsequently he votes Jorah.

Then there are some posts during the days mostly summarizing the happenings, but giving a certain amount of thoughts to consider as well. Makes a case of Tyrion and suspects him for the most of the time, warming up at some point and then making him one of his main suspects again. Quickly analyses the possible partnerships of Varys and Jorah.

So, on the whole, what can I say? Syrio doesn’t look neither illogical nor unreasonable to me. He was more interactive in the first part of the game, in the second part less active and more neutral, as for me, which is not something to be blamed for, considering the busy schedule that I believe he has. So… it’s just too bad that he is mafia and I cannot find any evidence in favour of this knowledge of mine apart from the knowledge itself. He wasn’t particularly contributive and helpful, but neither was I and, well, it is not a good reason anyway. Here it’s mostly about time (or not only time, but I’m definitely not the one to judge), and rest is just the casting.

I've been doing this for the whole evening and it brought me nowhere. Oh well...

It is day 6.

4 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or 2 to go to night.

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Syrio Forel (Jaime Lannister)

2 players have not voted: Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

Yeah, that is kind of funny.

While everyone else falls around us, the Lions survive!

(oh and Syrio too...)

This makes me wanting to vote out Syrio just for RP. Family win, you know...

Effectively we choose not between Jaime and Syrio but between Jaime and night. Because my sister probably won't budge without some serious proof.

And... I just realized we expect Jorah's CF at the end of this day. And I see no reason to make a decision before getting this final piece of info.

Night.

This makes me wanting to vote out Syrio just for RP. Family win, you know...

Effectively we choose not between Jaime and Syrio but between Jaime and night. Because my sister probably won't budge without some serious proof.

And... I just realized we expect Jorah's CF at the end of this day. And I see no reason to make a decision before getting this final piece of info.

Night.

No no no. Remove your vote now. I'll tell you why after.

Ok, remove vote. We have all the tiome in the world...

I'm not really bulletproof. I just said that so I'd survive the past few nights.

And even if I did have the role, the FM would just target me tonight. In that (fake) scenario, nobody would die, but I'd lose my BP and would be vulnerable. If we went to night again, then I'd die. So going to night is pointless, because it would just cost us our CI (me).

But like I said, I don't have the role. I'm roleless innocent. So I'd just die tonight on the first target.

We have to decide this now, today. This is the end - we either get it right or we lose.

By the way, thats the meta reason why I don't suspect you much anymore. You said something earlier that hinted that you knew I was lying. I think you would have called my bluff and killed me a few nights ago if you were evil.

Meanwhile, who is the type of player who would have failed to see through my fake claim? Somebody who is new and doesn't realize who I am (behind the alt) and how I play. Somebody like Jaime. That's a major part of why I suspect him so much right now.

I'm not really bulletproof. I just said that so I'd survive the past few nights.

Ok, I never trusted you on this point anyway.

But so what?

We don't need your vote to win. After your kill, I'll choose between Jaime and Syrio, it's same situation as today. But with more info.

Ok, I never trusted you on this point anyway.

But so what?

We don't need your vote to win. After your kill, I'll choose between Jaime and Syrio, it's same situation as today. But with more info.

I'll be blunt - I do not trust you to make this decision.

Also, the only additional info is Jorah's coroner result. I can tell you right now, I very strongly doubt he was a regular symp. Evidence points to him as an FM the entire time.

Let me clarify this. I think you are a great mafia player. I personally have a lot of respect for you.

What I mean is, you have been consistently wrong in this game. From day 1 when you suspected Dany all the way to yesterday when you insisted we lynch Drogo. I feel like your read is off, and I feel like I've been having a pretty good game.

I want to be a part of this. I've earned it, and I think that for once that you should trust me rather than going your own way.

But you have to. It's me who is making the choice anyway. Unless Syrio will say something revolutionary.

Syrio didn't posted during the day, btw. Where you are, Syrio?

I want to be a part of this.

You definitely are, already.

Ok, going to my dantist.

By the way, thats the meta reason why I don't suspect you much anymore. You said something earlier that hinted that you knew I was lying. I think you would have called my bluff and killed me a few nights ago if you were evil.

Meanwhile, who is the type of player who would have failed to see through my fake claim? Somebody who is new and doesn't realize who I am (behind the alt) and how I play. Somebody like Jaime. That's a major part of why I suspect him so much right now.

I have been starting to think this way as well. Seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen a real bp claim. The Dany kill didn't make much sense either (I'd actually cleared Drogo in my head earlier in the game because he seemed too logical to make this kill before I realized his partner might have made it without him). And Tyrion has been doing lots of things, like suggesting going to night for instance, that he wouldn't need to do if he was evil, not with you insisting on Jaime. So yeah, I am leaning Jaime over Tyrion.

But you have to. It's me who is making the choice anyway. Unless Syrio will say something revolutionary.

Syrio didn't posted during the day, btw. Where you are, Syrio?

Sorry, work was busy, and then we had family over. I'm here for a bit now.

But you have to. It's me who is making the choice anyway.

Why would I expect you to get this right? It seems like you suspect Syrio more than Jaime, which is the opposite of how I feel.

What are your thoughts on my point that Jaime is the one most likely to fail to see through my fake BP claim? The best explanation for why I am still alive is because Jaime is FM. There's no denying that.

I have been starting to think this way as well. Seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen a real bp claim. The Dany kill didn't make much sense either (I'd actually cleared Drogo in my head earlier in the game because he seemed too logical to make this kill before I realized his partner might have made it without him). And Tyrion has been doing lots of things, like suggesting going to night for instance, that he wouldn't need to do if he was evil, not with you insisting on Jaime. So yeah, I am leaning Jaime over Tyrion.

You should just go ahead and vote for Jaime.

If Tyrion jumps on, then we lynch our top suspect (and hope that we were right).

If Tyrion doesn't jump on as soon as he's back in the thread, then he becomes CI (because evil Tyrion would obviously immediately vote for Jaime).

You should just go ahead and vote for Jaime.

If Tyrion jumps on, then we lynch our top suspect (and hope that we were right).

If Tyrion doesn't jump on as soon as he's back in the thread, then he becomes CI (because evil Tyrion would obviously immediately vote for Jaime).

But...but... that would mean being decisive (well, decisive for me anyway).

*sigh* You're right though. I don't think another read through is going to make me think Tyrion looks guilty again. And even if it would, it's not like I'm going to have time to do another reread. Jaime.

(one tooth less)

What are your thoughts on my point that Jaime is the one most likely to fail to see through my fake BP claim? The best explanation for why I am still alive is because Jaime is FM. There's no denying that.

I think Syrio hadn't need to kill you just for sake of it. Because he was low on your suspect list and because of small chance you weren't lying. Ok, there were no chance if counting your identity, but I am not sure he alt-guessed you before today. I definitely didn't.

Moreover, before last discussion there was a chance evil Syrio would kill me tonight instead of you. It would be more beneficial for him.

Oh and by the way, if you vote for night, I bet Jaime will jump right on it if he's evil.

Well, one of reasons I had was to look who will jump.

I won't vote until American morning, most likely. Unless I'll find something completely proving your suspicion.

Jaime:

Starts with random vote on Dany which becomes serious next real day, though he is wishy-washy about it.

Reviews a few players.

Jorah Mormont: It seemed to me that he didn’t really base his suspicions on anything except for the general tendency of the public, which means that he’s simply looked who’s on the voting and added his voice… Only mho, of course.

Lord Varys: This guy’s manner of leading the game is very appealing to me, but it also seems a bit sly with all that florid eloquence… He’s being unobtrusive and even his comments against someone don’t really strike like ones, at least to me. I think that this might be a good cover for a mafia, but, still, for now I’m more inclined to say that he looks peaceful.

Votes me because I remind him an evil player from other board. Possibly, it means he alt-guessed me as that player.

Close to deadline, votes Ros because of trusting Dany.

Before realizing it's a hammer, promices to re-read Eddard. Never does, I suppose.

Day 2:

Jorah, as a reply to your accusations: what I was trying to give were my opinions and feelings about the players, not any kind of concrete conclusions. Actually, what I don't understand is why most of the players are so inclined to give a hard time to those whose thoughts they consider to be too general? Really, how can anyone be sure enough of something in this kind of game?? Most of the actions here may be perceived doubly, and it's not to so easy to decide which interpretation is the right one, so being general is for me not such a bad thing as you tend to think.

Explains reasons to suspect me, defends Sansa and Dany.

Yeah, and also one thing that I've forgotten to mention: Lord Varys, was I really being so pathetic that you've shown that amount of protectiveness towards me?.. It's not that I'm not pleased, just another thing that made me wonder... Well, I hope that I'll be able to act in a not such a feeble way later..
Jorah, right, I understand what you want to say and I find your point to be a fair one, but the thing is, when a person doesn't have exact opinions, what's he supposed to write then?.. Nothing at all? That's even less helpful. At least some general points might offer a new side from which to look at a certain player.

and yes, it's easier to form a genuine opinion than a fabricated one, it's clear, but this opinion might still be more of a general impression based a lot on intuitive judgement. For me it is so... Serious logical assumptions are not like mushrooms growing after a good rain, at least in my head...

After reveal:

Petyr Baelish, ohhh, but Varys was already under suspicion... It's just that now he probably won't write anything substantial anymore, and that's a pity, because I see that people here can make a lot out of the posts...

Votes Varis.

It's remarkable post which nobody mentioned, I think. Jaime, what a lot we could make out of Varis posts at that moment?

Jorah, what's so innocentish about the "i-find-it-suspicious" reaction? That's the one that's used here by everyone. It's firstly. And the second thing is that I actually didn't find it suspicious, because I saw no reason for Varys being a mafioso to start protecting me.

And from my vote it was quite clear what I think about Petyr's confession, wasn't it? I believe him, because for a mafioso it's insensible to make such claims in the 2 round unless he's being really desperate, and there was nothing to be desperate about. Plus if he were evil pretending to be a finder, then he'd probably just have said that he is one, there was no point in making up that "understudy-finder" story.

Here he does same thing for which Cersei liked Sansa: gives a reason why another player must be innocent.

Jorah's been attacking me for the things like leaning on the strong player Dany and not leaving comments that are generally thought to be innocentish, which doesn't make me feel good about him, and I don't remember him attacking anyone else

Suspects me mostly, with Jorah next.

Jorah, I can ask u the same question as Eddard... Have you actually read my replies?? Or maybe their content didn't really interest you... Too late to look for a new victim, better ignore my answers?..>.< All I can say after this is that ur actions are exactly the ones I've been accusing Tyrion of before...

Votes me, promices to reread me.

Day 3:

And after Cersei finding that post about Jorah blaming Renly whom he then claimed as inno I believe that Jorah is mafia.

Nothing interesting till then.

After some more rereading, I see that Syrio can't be Jorah's symp. Which leaves only two pairings: Varis+Jorah, Jaime symp versus Varis+Syrio, Jorah symp. Now I think both are equally possible. Perhaps, I really should rely on Cersei's authority now...

Archived