Unresolved questions from book one

sidman

Hello All,

I am almost through the third book, but I there are two issues unanswered from the first book. Did I miss something, or am I impatient?

1.When Ayra was trying to catch a cat, she ended up in a secluded area of the castle, and heard 2 men plotting to instigate a was between the Wolf and Lion. Who were they?

2. Where did Bran's would-be assassin get the notorious dagger that implicated the imp?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hello All,

I am almost through the third book, but I there are two issues unanswered from the first book. Did I miss something, or am I impatient?

1.When Ayra was trying to catch a cat, she ended up in a secluded area of the castle, and heard 2 men plotting to instigate a was between the Wolf and Lion. Who were they?

2. Where did Bran's would-be assassin get the notorious dagger that implicated the imp?

Varys and Illyrio

Joffrey took the dagger from an unused pile of weaponry at KL. So, after all the speculation about the dagger, it turned out to be just a random dagger, after all.

• 3 months later...

Hello All,

1) Magister Illyrio Mopatis (from Pentos, the guy housing Viserys and Dany), and Varys were the two conversing in the dungeons.

2) Joffrey gave the assassin the dagger, which was in possession of King Robert, who had probably 20 daggers just the same, and wouldn't have noticed if it was gone.

• 4 months later...

Bout Jamie and Cersei , why would he want to kill Bran

No, he didn't know. Why he wanted to kill Bran? Don't know. But I'm sure he didn't know about Jamie and Cersei.

He wanted to kill Bran because he wanted his father's affection. He had overheard Robert saying that Bran (any cripple) shouldn't live such a life, death would be a release etc. So, Joffrey thought if he had Bran killed, Robert would be pleased with his son. Just a deluded child, who is clearly messed up and in some ways Robert is just as much to blame; as he showed no affection to his son.

He wanted to kill Bran because he wanted his father's affection. He had overheard Robert saying that Bran (any cripple) shouldn't live such a life, death would be a release etc. So, Joffrey thought if he had Bran killed, Robert would be pleased with his son. Just a deluded child, who is clearly messed up and in some ways Robert is just as much to blame; as he showed no affection to his son.

Ah, he overheard that convo. Explains a lot. Thanks.

That's only what Tyrion was led to believe (and Tyrion was sort of blinded by his hate towards Joffrey). We don't have any evidence.

I personally don't believe it.

Ah, well, maybe it was another plot by Littlefinger, just to create more problems between the Starks and the Lannisters.

Wow, can someone please tell me where it was that we found out it was Illyrio? I had nooo idea, and just assumed it was Littlefinger. Even in the show, I couldn't figure out whose outline that was. I didn't realise Illyrio left Pentos.

If you read his description in AGOT when he is introduced and the description given of one of the two men in the dungeons, watch out for beard and fingers.

Archived