How Would You Rate Episode 109?

Ran

420 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Guys just be glad this show didn't turn out to be like Camelot or the Borgias. It has a larger budget than either of those shows, and $10 million was spent on the pilot alone. The only two HBO shows I can think of that had a larger budget was BoB and the pacific, and those two were miniseries.

Camelot is just atrocious, but the Borgias is quite good and managed a decent battle battle scene in spite of the budget. And Rome and Boardwalk Empire both have larger budgets then GoT. The pilot for BE was 18 million alone.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BEST EPISODE OF SEASON ONE. Damn it, Ned! I'm going to miss sean bean.

People are upset about the lack of the Bolton/Stark vs Tywin Lannister battle, but hey, battles are expensive. I forgive the production team.

Edited by freyar_88

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster. I joined specifically to post my displeasure with this episode. 1/10. I'm never watching this show again. They butcher two important and relatively small scale battles compared to the future battles in the series. If they're gonna do this to small scale battles then I might as well quit watching right now because I don't want to watch a terrible Blackwater episode. I might as well not set myself up for disapointment. I didn't even get to enjoy Ned's death because I was fuming about that the fact that I got screwed out of two major battles. I can't believe they pulled a Rome on me. This is even worse then when they had a seven episode build-up of a fight between Pompey and Caesar and then just show the aftermath. You just lost yourself a viewer HBO.

EDIT: Thanks for the useless time wasting Tyrion "guess what" scene.

They did make up for the battle with Caesar and Pompey with the battle of phillipi in Rome which was amazing, so maybe they will make for these battles with an epic Blackwater battle

Everyone complaining we didn't see the battles, sure i would have liked to see the battles as well. But they did what was necessary for the budget and in my opinion even though i wanted to see the battles, the show gave us more than enough good stuff to enjoy. Now that the show has become a monster of a worldwide phenomenon, season 2's budget has increased ive heard and they are pulling out all the stops for the Blackwater episode. I also just read how HBO sources are saying they are setting things up right now to shoot seasons 3 and 4 (Storm of Swords) in one long 9 month shooting period. So HBO it seems is definitely behind the show big time now and i wouldn't be surprised if we see even bigger budgets for seasons 3 and 4 so im not worried.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People were really upset with the lack of battles in all of season one, but i'm imagining they are watching their budget to make sure that the battle of the blackwater in ACOK is incredible. I would much rather them show the big fights and let us hear about the small ones.

• 1 year later...