Throne-ageddon

So I've been toying with the idea of assembling my friends for something madcap delicious: Throne-ageddon. That's right, folks, we're going to watch all 9 previous episodes and time it so that we catch the airing of the tenth right on the heels of the ninth.

Who's with me?!

I'd totally do it if I wasn't in the UK, our GOT day is Monday and as much as I'd love to I can't take the day off work. :D

The 20th is also my anniversary, can't think of a better way to spend it than watching the GOT finale with a big bowl of popcorn tbh.

I think I'll do it, but I would be all alone because here (UK) GOT is shown on Mondays and all my friends would be working.

I'd be working too, but I work night shifts, so the only question is if I can manage to keep myself awake after a 12hours shifts with no sleep to watch 10 hours of TV in a row.

The alternative is doing it the day after, once rested and fresh. but could I gather enough will to skip watching the final episode for one day? Hard to tell, but I really fancy the idea of a Throne-ageddon.

i'm planning a full series session in a couple of weeks when my mam visits (she doesn't have sky so i've kept every episode). its no big deal. i did every series of the wire, sopranos, deadwood and rome in one day on dvd. you just have to plan properly, go shopping the day before and take the phone off the hook.

I've done several LOTR (extended edition) marathons in a day, so this is no sweat! It's like 3 hours shorter :P

I've done that once, in a movie theatrette, it was great but grueling.

I might do a Day of Thrones with my sister when the Blu-ray comes out.

I've done that once, in a movie theatrette, it was great but grueling.

Oh god, you did that in a theater?? No wonder it was grueling. Home is the only place for marathons that long. Food, alcohol, freedom to change clothes, blankets, couch...awwww yeeeuh. :P

Oh god, you did that in a theater?? No wonder it was grueling. Home is the only place for marathons that long. Food, alcohol, freedom to change clothes, blankets, couch...awwww yeeeuh. :P

It was a 16 seater theatrette in the apartment building of a friend, who happens to be a great cook. So we had great food, nice drink (for those who partake), blankets, and a break between each disc We started at 9AM and finished around 9PM.

I'd love to do a Day of Thrones in that Theatrette, but my friend doesn't know the show at all, and it still hasn't got a broadcaster here.

It was a 16 seater theatrette in the apartment building of a friend, who happens to be a great cook. So we had great food, nice drink (for those who partake), blankets, and a break between each disc We started at 9AM and finished around 9PM.

Oh, I thought you meant like, a movie theater.

I might do this, although I live in Norway, so I get episode 10 at about 5 AM. Got a week off from work next week.

Only thing I'm worried about is that I can't do this all alone, I would have to get a friend or two, but we'll see.

First post on the forums, book reader, don't mind my name, I just fell in love with Harry Lloyd as Viserys. And I know he's a total ass.

I 'm very tempted to do this idea, Sky did show 6 episodes in a row one night and I stayed up no problem to watch them, so this is just an extra few hours, I would just have to figure out how best to fit it all together...

I have been watching GoT on HBO Go since episode 1. One thing I am wondering, is do the episodes live include a segment of "What happened earlier" to remind viewers what happened in previous episodes? My GF often has had trouble keeping track of all the characters. Watching them all in a row like this would fix that of course.

I'll definitely be doing this a week or two after when the withdrawal starts to hit. Anyone know how long the episodes are going to stay up on HBOgo? Doing a viewing tomorrow would not really be viable for me as it's Father's Day and my dad deserves more appreciation than the standard Westerosi father.

Archived