[NO SPOILERS] Funniest Reactions

TheEvilKing

If you havent been following OtakuAssemble, he has been doing weekly Game of Throne reviews from the start of the season. He has become especially popular for being completely new to the series and very passionate.

Usually he takes 30 minutes to review an episode. Today is was 12.

Enjoy.

Try watching his live reaction.

Lots of people (cruel, cruel people) suggested he record and broadcast himself as he watched the show.

The last 10 minutes had Ned's death about 5 minutes in. Larry just sat there staring at the screen for a full minute. Then he got up and walked off screen. You then hear the sound of things being smashed. 3 minutes later Larry comes back onscreen and tries to make a statement. His roommate comes over and asks if he's alright, and Larry just explodes. "No, I'm not alright. They killed Ned!". It stops being funny 30 secs later when Larry starts sobbing.

Dang...

This was so much harsher watching it compared to reading it.

I'm actually a little worried that people will drop the show. I think most will watch the final episode.

Try watching his live reaction.

Lots of people (cruel, cruel people) suggested he record and broadcast himself as he watched the show.

The last 10 minutes had Ned's death about 5 minutes in. Larry just sat there staring at the screen for a full minute. Then he got up and walked off screen. You then hear the sound of things being smashed. 3 minutes later Larry comes back onscreen and tries to make a statement. His roommate comes over and asks if he's alright, and Larry just explodes. "No, I'm not alright. They killed Ned!". It stops being funny 30 secs later when Larry starts sobbing.

Dang...

This was so much harsher watching it compared to reading it.

I'm actually a little worried that people will drop the show.

Just realized this was "no spoilers." Delete your last two sentences.

I was laughing at Larry's review, and I kept expecting him to break out a smile and say "nah I'm not actually THIS upset"...but then he actually is that upset and it stopped being funny.

Honestly they did the last scene so well this hardly feels like a time for laughter. I was looking forward to sweet, delicious non-reader tears...but I didn't expect to have tears of my own.

ASOIAF fans unite and have Larry trademark "They killed my nigga Ned" and make lots and lots of T-shirts with this line. :lmao:

I was thinking the exact same... wish I had been able to come up with that line myself. THEY KILLED MY NIGGA NED!!!

I kind of feel a little sad for him... he'll never survive

the red you-know-what

Honestly they did the last scene so well this hardly feels like a time for laughter. I was looking forward to sweet, delicious non-reader tears...but I didn't expect to have tears of my own.

Agreed. It's really well handled, hit me like a truck. And we all knew what was coming... I can only imagine what it'd do to non readers. We're so used to see heroes walk out of impossible situations... and they really took their time, playing around this "he's gonna escape! I know he's gonna escape"-feeling. Mean.

That's adorable. It's like a child's reaction haha. Still, I totally empathise - Poor ol' Ned :( .

I do have to say to Mr Martin, I hope that you're planning on finishing the books with a reasonably happy ending. Poor souls like Larry just can't cope with it. I mean, I'm quite sensitive, but this guy was ... crushed. :laugh:

I wonder if LW feels as strongly today, after having a little time to let it set in. I loved how excited he got every week, so I hope he doesn't give up on it.

He said in his video description he's not giving up at some point last night. So he'll at least watch the next episode.

Archived