[NO SPOILERS] Funniest Reactions

TheEvilKing

I wasn't sure which I was looking forward to more: the actual episode, or Larry's reaction. Both delivered however. ^_^

This was the reaction I was looking forward too all season, can't wait for next Sunday for the final two Episodes to see how he reacts to our last seven chapters

The Dwarf goes to Court

I have a mind to lead a ranging beyond the wall

The KING IN the North!

Dragons....

He said in his video description he's not giving up at some point last night. So he'll at least watch the next episode.

Yes, but

he also said he was done if they killed Drogo...so last week might be the last straw for him. :( Hope not, I love his reviews!

Yes, but

he also said he was done if they killed Drogo...so last week might be the last straw for him. :( Hope not, I love his reviews!

Well yes, but

the pay off is pretty awesome so hopefully it won't elicit the same reaction. It's not MMD who kills him but Dany so it's a poignant loving moment, and his death helps birth the dragons, so 3 dragons > 1 Drogo. However it does play into the "the black guy always dies" trope. Fortunately Rhakaro sticks around and continues to be awesomely badass.

I couldn't watch him because he made me laugh and I didn't want to laugh at his pain.

Well yes, but

the pay off is pretty awesome so hopefully it won't elicit the same reaction. It's not MMD who kills him but Dany so it's a poignant loving moment, and his death helps birth the dragons, so 3 dragons > 1 Drogo. However it does play into the "the black guy always dies" trope. Fortunately Rhakaro sticks around and continues to be awesomely badass.

I couldn't watch him because he made me laugh and I didn't want to laugh at his pain.

His roommate was obviously having a blast.

that was awesome. when i read the books i was totally stoked that martin could kill him off like that.... however.... in book 4, when

arya had that purple drank

that was when i really got pissed LOL

Wow, he really is pretty pissed. Hope he doesn't stop watching o.O

Hey first post here but I was pretty close to that myself. I guess I can be emotional at times but I mostly feel like a normal grown man. I even kind of knew what was going to happen and I felt some tears flowing at the end of this episode. I already bought the books so I will stick with the series I suppose. But I am very angry at the way this happened. It's not even what happened. It's how it happened that truly bothered me. My emotions on this will cool in time but for now I feel like GRRM is pretty sadistic in the treatment of his fans.

I find the non-reader's shock somewhat surprising. My only objection to the casting of Sean Bean was that it sorta gave the big spoiler away. One of my non reader friends started watching the show and asked if he was a traitor who dies. Sean was great for the part, and did an even better job than I could ever have hoped for and I wouldn't have anyone else but treason and premature death are kinda his trademarks.

GRRM's Not a Blog had a humorous comment regarding the anticipated reaction:

Speaking of my trip... maybe it is good that I am getting out of the country, with "Baelor" scheduled to air tonight. Those of you who have read the novel will have a good idea of what's happening this week, just from the title (but PLEASE don't discuss it here, unless you want your post deleted), but there are millions of viewers who have no idea and some of them may soon be turning up on my virtual doorstep with virtual pitchforks and torches.

GRRM is not sadistic although it sometimes appears that way. The death of Ned, as painful as it was, is an integral part of the story and serves several important purposes. It's not a throwaway cheap death.

GRRM's Not a Blog had a humorous comment regarding the anticipated reaction:

GRRM is not sadistic although it sometimes appears that way. The death of Ned, as painful as it was, is an integral part of the story and serves several important purposes. It's not a throwaway cheap death.

It may not be a throw away cheap death but to those of us new to the series it certainly feels that way. I love Sean Bean as an actor so I'll compare his death to his other death in Fellowship of the Ring. In that movie he betrayed his friends but redeemed himself in a valiant final stand. He regained his honor and went out fighting. In GoT he threw his honor away for, what looks to be so far, no reason at all. It would have been better if he rose up and told the king where to stick the Iron Throne before telling the crowd "This is how a Stark dies!" while submitting to the headman with his honor intact. Right now, Martin does indeed feel like a sadistic author to this Ice and Fire newbie.

It would have been better if he rose up and told the king where to stick the Iron Throne before telling the crowd "This is how a Stark dies!" while submitting to the headman with his honor intact.

Really? And condemn Sansa and possibly Arya to death as a result? Nice.

I'm glad you're not my dad.

Really? And condemn Sansa and possibly Arya to death as a result? Nice.

I'm glad you're not my dad.

Thanks very much for the oh so friendly reply. Rest assured the feeling is mutual.

Regardless of how he did it, I still very much prefer that he made his exit with his honor intact.

Haha, this is on Facebook this morning as my cousin's status.

Cousin

why are all my fave characters dieing on Game of Thrones?? And why is it the last episode next week!! :( not happy.....and Geoffrey is a little faggott

Some other dude

I can't believe what just happened! How is it the last one next week?!?!? I hate Geoffrey, I wanna go give him a beating myself the little fucker!!!

Cousin

haha i kno i feel the same mate, gutted ned stark is dead!! And i dont know how they will fit everything else i thought/wanted to happen in the last episode! :( lo

A third dude

i hope Khal drodo lives! i realy like him and Daenarys

Cousin

Kalesie :)

Point being that given what had been happening, I didn't think a live daughter was even a realistic option at this point.

OK, that's more than fair. To me, a big part of the reason that scene was so powerful in both the book and the show was it forced Ned to make a significant moral decision: honor or family? If Ned had thought there were no hope for his daughters' lives no matter what he did, I don't doubt that he would have spoken up, and if you felt like the lives of Arya and Sansa were forfeit regardless, I can see being upset with Ned confessing to a false crime and keeping his silence. As it is, though, I think Ned did the "right" thing by putting family over honor.

I have not read all of this thread, so if this has been said I'll remove the post...

Reason I have not read all of this thread is the spoilers... I come here after each episode and stick strictly with the [Non Spoilers] threads, however, about a page into this thread and I ran into some very crucial spoilers that have ruined the surprises coming in the next episodes. Its very disappointing.

Can we please keep the [No Spoiler] threads clean without spoiling the rest of the season?

I like these forums, but threads like this make me very weary about coming back here again.

I'm sure others including me would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Taint

I have not read all of this thread, so if this has been said I'll remove the post...

Reason I have not read all of this thread is the spoilers... I come here after each episode and stick strictly with the [Non Spoilers] threads, however, about a page into this thread and I ran into some very crucial spoilers that have ruined the surprises coming in the next episodes. Its very disappointing.

Can we please keep the [No Spoiler] threads clean without spoiling the rest of the season?

I like these forums, but threads like this make me very weary about coming back here again.

I'm sure others including me would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Taint

Yeah I think its mainly due to this board always being a place that books were discussed and thus many forget that some of the show viewers who have not read the books have started to come here to discuss the episodes.

It may not be a throw away cheap death but to those of us new to the series it certainly feels that way. I love Sean Bean as an actor so I'll compare his death to his other death in Fellowship of the Ring. In that movie he betrayed his friends but redeemed himself in a valiant final stand. He regained his honor and went out fighting. In GoT he threw his honor away for, what looks to be so far, no reason at all. It would have been better if he rose up and told the king where to stick the Iron Throne before telling the crowd "This is how a Stark dies!" while submitting to the headman with his honor intact. Right now, Martin does indeed feel like a sadistic author to this Ice and Fire newbie.

Welcome, Welcome to the Martinverse. It's war out there. Ned is not a cheap death. You've been prepared all along for deaths, you just failed to notice it. A good author is one who can take a character, make you care and kill that character off and still keep the series going. Yes, I was shocked when they loped off Eddard"s head. But I was equally distressed when Lady was killed. It'san espensive death, but it carries weight, eh?

Archived