[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Episode 10 Preview

What's really surprising to me isn't the non-reader's reaction to Ned's death, but the fierce loyalty to Drogo of all characters. The OtakuASSEMBLE guy said he'll tune in for episode 10 but is done with the series if Drogo dies. WTF? He's probably just hamming it up a bit for the camera but still, maybe they made Drogo too likeable in the show or something. Hopefully Dany's big finale will center the attention back to her on that continent.

As far as the lack of time-filling events for this episode, I disagree. Here's what we'll likely get (no particular order):

-Dragons (duh)

-King in the North

-Jon's escape, return, and the start of the ranging

-Arya, Yoren, and the rest heading out of KL

-Joff tormenting Sansa

-Tyrion with Shae, and then with his father getting sent to KL

-Bran's last dream

-Cat talking with Jaime (apparently moved from book 2 to now instead...will she possibly release him a season early???)

And there's room there for some HBO-screated scenes, but I think what's there is plenty. Several of these are extremely pivotal moments in the entire series and they'll have some room to breathe and let us take in the emotions of everything.

At second 32 of the video Robb is swinging something (sword or axe maybe). Maybe it's the execution of Lord Karstark (the unexpected death taken from book 3)?

So they could have pulled to this point to give Robb a better buildup, because it would be compareable to the first episode with Ned beheading Will (and both said "The man whos passes the sentence should swing the sword."), and Robb is kind of put even more in Ned's shoes.

At second 32 of the video Robb is swinging something (sword or axe maybe). Maybe it's the execution of Lord Karstark (the unexpected death taken from book 3)?

So they could have pulled to this point to give Robb a better buildup, because it would be compareable to the first episode with Ned beheading Will (and both said "The man whos passes the sentence should swing the sword."), and Robb is kind of put even more in Ned's shoes.

It doesn't look like he's swinging something that could behead a man, or swinging it in a way that would cut off his head.

I'm sure we will see some of Arya escaping Kings Landing with Yoren, rather than have her last appearance in ep. 9 be her last for the season as it was in the book. She won't be on the King's Road, but we will have to see something of her to put some sanity to the aftermath of Ned's death.

I agree that showing Arya leaving King's Landing with Yoren and Co. is a better stopping point for Arya's storyline than Ned's execution. Both Hot Pie and Lommy Greenhands have been cast this season (but not Jaqen H'ghar or Rorge or Biter as far as I can tell).

I'm seeing a surprising amount of non-reader comments suggesting that they might not stick around with Ned gone, both in youtube comments and in the comments on EW and other review sites...hopefully by the time episode 10 rolls around and they get to see the awesome finale stuff, that'll change. :worried:

Wonder how the king in the North will go down without Riverrun and the Tullys. It was more epic in the book due to the fact it wasn't just the northern banner men pronouncing Robb King but everyone present. Also IIRC I thought it was a good quarter of the way into CoK before Catelyn first interrogates Jaimie yet in the preview it seems its moved to this very season.

Archived