[BOOK SPOILERS] Extra Footage ?

Sheep the Evicted

Does anyone know if we can expect some of the scenes we have been missing ( for instance the Whspeing Wood) in the DVD boxset ? I know the producers wanted 12 episodes and only got 10, does that mean they filmed extra and some things just didn't make it past the cutting room floor ?

There are scenes that were filmed but not used, such as Tommen and Bran training in episode one and a scene that some are thinking may be Brandon and Rickard's death, so we can probably expect those on the DVDs. I'd love it if they actually had an option to add them into the episode so you got an experience like watching the LotR extended editions. That said, don't expect anything as dramatic as the Whispering Wood or Battle of the Camps. Those didn't make it due to budgetary issues, not time issues. Filming them and only putting them on the bluray or DVD wouldn't make any sense.

We know Brandon's strangling was filmed, since several frames of it have popped up in teasers. Bran and Tommen fighting was from the pilot episode, which was reshot (and seemingly rewritten, at least parts of it), so it's not so much a 'deleted scene'.

Unless the strangling shows up in episode 10 (unlikely), that's the only scene that we know was shot and cut.

There are scenes that were filmed but not used, such as Tommen and Bran training in episode one and a scene that some are thinking may be Brandon and Rickard's death, so we can probably expect those on the DVDs. I'd love it if they actually had an option to add them into the episode so you got an experience like watching the LotR extended editions. That said, don't expect anything as dramatic as the Whispering Wood or Battle of the Camps. Those didn't make it due to budgetary issues, not time issues. Filming them and only putting them on the bluray or DVD wouldn't make any sense.

"Director´s Cut".

I suspect the Brandon/Aerys flashback sequence might not be featured. Sometimes footage is filmed and the producers deliberately choose not to use it so they are not to be limited by it for future episodes. So them showing Aerys in flashback now might limit what they might want to do if they suddenly decide to do an Aerys flashback from Jaime's POV in Season 3, for example, unless the DVD extras were specifically labelled non-canon (I remember BSG used to treat some cut scenes as canon and others as not, which was confusing).

Something I'm very intrigued by are several images from Episode 5 which show Tyrion actually in the pit descending to the Moon Door and hanging on to the side for dear life. Nothing like that happened in the episode. It may have been staged for the photographer, or it may have been a sequence trimmed for time.

Something that might be nice would be if scenes related more to the backstory and mythology were deliberately left out so they could be included on the DVDs later. For example, the Lord of the Ring special edition DVDs dropped in a whole bunch of names and references in scenes for the Special Edition DVDs (Valinor, the Falls of Rauros, Aragorn's true age as an Dunedain) that the general audience would have been bemused by in the cinema, and were probably never meant to be seen there.

I really doubt that any huge scenes were left out just to include them later on the dvd set. However, I'm sure the dvds will include some deleted footage, but nothing major. In one of the ON DEMAND extras about the tournament, a short scene showing Sansa and Arya discussing different banners was shown that definitely didn't make the show. Also, one of the previews has Dany's "I am no child" line, but I don't recall that making the show either, tho I could be wrong. However, I wouldn't expect any LOTR style extended editions dvds.

Archived