[BOOK SPOILERS] Melisandre's Skills

nerd123

I don't think there's a way to have Mel's belly rapidly expand and give birth to an evil shadow baby that isn't going to look ridiculous onscreen. They should change the magic a little, maybe have her carry around a little voodoo doll that grows when she says a spell or something. Anyone agree?

Voodoo doll? No, don't agree with that. I think showing Melisandre pregnant with the shadow baby wouldn't be that difficult - while HBO may want to take full advantage of a frontal nudity scene, they could easily do that without having to show the birthing or a direct shot of her looking fully pregnant.

I would be disappointed if they went in a different direction of how she creates them (assuming of course they are shown/included at all) if it appears she just whips them out of darkness and shadows around her.

Sex sells: they should have the shadow come out of her Beav, no doubt. No need for her to be a preggo though. They couldmake it pretty sweet with a little imagination.

It's tough to imagine how it could possibly be sexy... it's pretty gross! No matter how hot the actress they end up getting is.

Archived