[Book Spoilers] Regarding White Walkers

Lugez

I was thinking about this after my brother, a newbie, was asking me when we would see the White Walkers again (this was around episode 4 or 5). He said those things were the main thing that drew him into the show in the first place because "that first scene was badass." He likes the show overall, but I can tell he was a little disappointed because all we got for the rest of the season was one zombie attack attempt. Because of this, I became a little concerned about the White Walker involvement in Season 2.

To my knowledge, they never made an appearance in ACOK...So should D&D include them somehow? Add an extra scene somewhere to satisfy the curiosity of newbies like my brother? Maybe they can add the Night's Watch being being attacked at the Fist at the end of Season 2 instead of Season 3? End it with the first Sam chapter in ASOS when he kills an Other and runs away?

I don't think that'd be a bad idea. What are your thoughts?

With the adding of new scenes, does anyone think we might see Craster actually offering his sons to the White Walkers rather than just hearing Gilly talk about it?

That would be a good way to get them into the season and show you what Craster is all about in a rather quick and scary scene.

Just putting it out there.

• 9 months later...

With the adding of new scenes, does anyone think we might see Craster actually offering his sons to the White Walkers rather than just hearing Gilly talk about it?

That would be a good way to get them into the season and show you what Craster is all about in a rather quick and scary scene.

Just putting it out there.

I have a feeling Benioff and Weiss saw your post, LOL.

I'm really confused by the way they seem to be depicting the Others in the show. I had been hoping that the Uruk-hai looking thing from episode 1 was supposed to be a wight, but it's becoming clear that that is supposed to be an Other. WTF? Aren't they supposed to be alien-looking creatures of ice? Did they decide they can't afford more CG for them and so it's just dudes in suits? Bleh.

I'm really confused by the way they seem to be depicting the Others in the show. I had been hoping that the Uruk-hai looking thing from episode 1 was supposed to be a wight, but it's becoming clear that that is supposed to be an Other. WTF? Aren't they supposed to be alien-looking creatures of ice? Did they decide they can't afford more CG for them and so it's just dudes in suits? Bleh.

I don't think there's been all that much more than quick glimpses of them.

We know:

-they are tall

-they make a funny noise when they move

-they have mostly been in shadow but they do wear armour of some sort which is what is described in the books

Anything else is probably people imagining and filling in the gaps.

The image shown here. Is that artwork or from the show?

Right on. Wow.

I know. All of a sudden they seem to be resemble more of the book version.

Well, the Whiter Walker from the first episode was a dude in a suit; in fact, it's the guy who has now replaced the actor for Gregor Clegane. To my knowledge the only CGI White Walker was the half-second glimpse of its face, which is in the screenshot someone posted above. So nothing has really changed in that regard. I personally thought they looked the same (what little we could actually see, that is).

Archived