[Book Spoilers] EP110 Discussion

Ran

Fucking awesome. The wolves were good, the crypt scene was good. The little exchange between Catelyn and Jaime worked. The scene with Joffrey showing Sansa her father's head was excellent -- and I'm glad they kept in Joffrey's sentence for the singer. Fingers or tongue.

The Wall scenes were all great, but nothing stood up to the final scene. Even the Night's Watch riding beyond the Wall, epic as it was, couldn't compare to the dragons. This episode exceeded my expectations and was as good as a season finale ought to be.

The one thing running through my head, for the whole last 10 minutes, were George's words: "And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night was alive with the music of dragons."

FINALLY, a lot of wolves!

I know! I felt like this episode was edited to address qualms of the fans. Besides the (what is seemingly weekly) Roz sexposition scene we didn't have any gratuitous sex scenes. And we had Shaggydog and Ghost.

they should've shown Renly and Loras again for a minute, him declaring, maybe a vague him marrying Margaery scene, mentioning the Tyrells again, etc.

We have plenty of time in season two to see the Tyrells and Renly.

Loved it all and the dragons looked fucking amazing! Way way way better than I could have ever hoped for.

I even loved the Pycelle/Roz scene. He hires whores just so he has someone to talk lol. He doesn't even look at her the entire time.

I am wondering if the Pycelle work-out scene is more important than we think. Is Pycelle not at all what he seems? Is their magic or gods involved? I mean at the end of TFFC he ostensibly holds the power over the throne and the most control of King Tommen. This could be a split from the book in some regards to keep us guessing... could Pycelle be the poisoner of Joffrey on the show?

bwahahaha! Pycelle with ROS! I was laughing my ass off with what I knew would be ppl freaking out.

IIRC, Pycelle is noted in the books as not as frail as he pretends to be. A lot of the KL scenes were major setup for next season when Tyrion arrives. Cersei bedding Lancel (lmao when she ORDERS him to bed), Pycelle pretending to be frail, and LF and the Spider each major players in the Game.

I practically did a SQUEE when I saw HOT PIE! Gendry was really cool and I wonder if the other kid is Lommy Greenhands or just a random bully. I also assumed Jaquen was under the hood. Rorge had anose but it looked way messed up.

Very surprised about Marillion. He actually came out better off compared to what Mord did to him.

I think we should all be happy with the direwolf appearences. Shaggy looked badass and still more Ghost.

Emilia Clarke was sensational in his episode. My dad just called me super excited abolut the dragons. Can't wait to see how other new fans react.

ok a great episode! but did anyone else piss themselves laughing when pycelle was doing his semi-nude stretches lol? what did that scene accomplish? they should have taken that out and showed why the hound is now on the kings guard ffs. but i digress. i loved this episode and thank you hbo for making this show.

p.s. dragons & shaggydog!!!

Hey whats crackin everybody.

Alright first off, did anyone else think that pycelle doing his little stretches and squats to be just a tad much? I mean c'mon.

Also I love how Sansa was about to try to push Joffrey off that ledge, I knew it wasn't gonna happen but it still did get my hopes up. That dude really knows how to get people to hate him.

I wasn't expecting to see that convo between Jaime and Cat but I don't mind. It was pretty cool so see Cat bash him over the head with a rock.

Good episode

Loved it all and the dragons looked fucking amazing! Way way way better than I could have ever hoped for.

I even loved the Pycelle/Roz scene. He hires whores just so he has someone to talk lol. He doesn't even look at her the entire time.

I took the Pycelle/Roz scene as illustrating to us that while we may have just thought this was a game of Varys and Littlefinger, there's Pycelle playing the old doddering fool to one of Littlefinger's spies.

Genius, really.

The Pycell scene sets up Tyrion to call him on his bullshit and throw him in the dungeon for his lying ways. Dragons were epic! Theon's turn will be a hell of an impact for non readers as I feel they have attached themselves to the characters even more after Ned and Drogo's deaths.

Good show as usual. Pity it's over so soon.

My only complaint is Shae. I don't like what they've done with her at all. BUT it doesn't take away from all the other good things they've done.

Dragons were very cool.

I took the Pycelle/Roz scene as illustrating to us that while we may have just thought this was a game of Varys and Littlefinger, there's Pycelle playing the old doddering fool to one of Littlefinger's spies.

Genius, really.

This.

Don't get why everyone has such a hard time understanding the significance of this scene. Roz being there is not random.

Archived