How Would You Rate Episode 110

Ran

436 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Blah, this shit goes to 11!

Best episode of the season. Seeing Cat walk thru the lord trying to keep her dignity was a scene they hammered. Seeing Rob in a moment of weakness, and beating the fuck out a tree like a child was great.

The Ros scene.. really? I'm not complaining about seeing boobs.. just me. I also think it was giving background about the Pycellle character to non readers, and just how long he's been around the 'Game'

Seeing Tyrion being manipulated by his father was splendid, and all the Jon' scenes were great.

I did have minor beef with the hair sticking around after the fire.. but fuck it, maybe it's being built into the mythos of the show that /all/ of Dany is immune to fire.

Loved it.

Blah, this shit goes to 11!

Best episode of the season. Seeing Cat walk thru the lord trying to keep her dignity was a scene they hammered. Seeing Rob in a moment of weakness, and beating the fuck out a tree like a child was great.

The Ros scene.. really? I'm not complaining about seeing boobs.. just me. I also think it was giving background about the Pycellle character to non readers, and just how long he's been around the 'Game'

Seeing Tyrion being manipulated by his father was splendid, and all the Jon' scenes were great.

I did have minor beef with the hair sticking around after the fire.. but fuck it, maybe it's being built into the mythos of the show that /all/ of Dany is immune to fire.

Loved it.

Agree with everything you said!

Amazing episode.

What a great end to a great season. I honestly wasn't sure if HBO could do the books justice in only 10 episodes, but they did it and they did it well. All of the actors were fantastic, even Sophie Turner (Sansa) who hadn't really impressed me until episode nine. I thought Jack Gleeson (Joffery) was amazing (and disturbing) as an emerging tyrant in this episode and I can hardly wait for next season because I think he has the potential to really bring Joffery's character and cruelty to life.

The King in the North scene was one of my favorites from the books and the show really pulled it off. I had chills. Also great were the Littlefinger and Varys scene (there really wasn't much dialogue to it, but there was good tension and chemistry) and the scene between Catelyn and Jamie. With just a single look of pain/anger/shame at hearing Catelyn's question of justice, I suddenly believed that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau could be a convincing Jamie. Jamie is probably my favorite character in the books and his character's transformation from incestuous prat to honorable knight should be really entertaining.

Maybe I'm being picky but i wasn't crazy about the scenes on the Wall this season, including this episode. Likely that's because I'm comparing it to north of the Wall, which has the potential to be terrifying/amazing. I also thought the dragon scene could have been done better. I mean, did they all pass out for a few hours and wake at once? Dany's hair is flame retardant? I know that Dany is supposed to look shell-shocked but the result was a look of forced bewilderment. The dragons looked great, but I'm going to be realistic and guess that they will only appear in season 2 a handful of times for budget purposes. I wasn't upset by Roz and Pycell's scene, although it was drawn out. It showed that Pycell is shrewd and playing an act as well. He likely also knows that Roz is a spy for Littlefinger and wants to appear a vacuous old man.

I gave the episode a 9 out of 10, and would have given it 9.5. Great acting, great way to end the season. Lots of good tie-ins going forward to season 2. I was just really disappointed by the ending scene. Look how you've spoiled me GRRM!!!

I give the first season a 9.5 overall. Amazing series and has the potential to get better. I love the way the story is driven by each unique character, but there is risk in this as well. All in all, i think some of the 'epic-ness' was taken out of the story this season in favor of developing the characters. There were no big battle scenes, no melees, or shots of large armies. But each character's progression was so real and emotional that I was hooked right away. I can't wait for season 2.

Edited by Twisted Monkey Demon

I liked how Cersei was depicted when Joff was running the court - she didn't seem all that happy about her son, which made me feel bad for her. First it was drunken boar she slept with and now its sadistic megalomaniac who happens to be her firstborn... oh and what do you know: enraged Starks are holding her brother captive - It really, really, re~ally sucks to be Cersei.

Nothing to feel bad about. She brought it upon herself. The producers are doing a better job of fleshing her out than Martin. If that look of disgust is indeed meant to portray Cersei as having second thoughts then kudos to the producers.

This lack of depth in the books makes Cersei very unrealistic. And no, fear of a random prophecy does not add depth to a character.

It got an 8 from me, and I thought it was good, but the last two episodes before it were even better.

Jon's final scene really stood out for me, so did Sansa's, but I wish they've given Robb, Catelyn and Jaime more.

The dragons were very nicely done, and so was the crypt scene with Shaggydog. :)

18 of 234 cast a less than "8" vote and that's about right, it was excellent and I feel it really ended strongly. It's going to be a tough 8-12 months waiting for season 2.

The minor plot massaging from book to screen even seemed natural and unforced.

If I would have asked for anything, it would have been for Dany to turn up the anger with Mirri Maz Duur. But it worked out properly, and I was thankful Dany retained her hair in the morning.

Plus.... DRAGONS!

By the way, did anyone else have a WTF moment thinking it was Sansa in Pycelle's cell and not Roz? Red hair and that hair crown hairstyle had me shouting at the screen a few tense moments. Phewww!

Gave it an 8. The series as a whole gets an 8 as well. Overall there were no real howlers although I do feel the structure of a TV series suffered by trying too hard to remain absolutely faithful to the book. In retrospect I feel more may have been achieved by "basing" it on the book rather than adhering almost word for word to the written word. The reason I say this is as the books evolve, more and more the story is driven along from the point of view of the younger cast members and it will be a heavy load for them to shoulder as time goes on.

For me however the first book is the best of the series (so far) and as a stand alone exercise the TV series did a good job with a limited budget. The stand out performances were obviously Bean and Dinklage although I'm confident Charles Dance will more than ably take his share of the plaudits in the next series.

By the way, did anyone else have a WTF moment thinking it was Sansa in Pycelle's cell and not Roz? Red hair and that hair crown hairstyle had me shouting at the screen a few tense moments. Phewww!

I couldn't really see the hair color at first and thought it was Cersei; and that made even less sense.

Question I had about that...Roz is the one leaving through the front door basically...how did she get out without someone seeing her? The fact the Pycelle was bedding his serving girl was a secret, can't imagine what it would be like that the Kings Maester is hiring whores.

Hello (First post! :))

Overall, I thought they did a great job with some pretty challenging stuff to pull off well on TV.

I agree that the Pycelle scene felt a bit random at this point, but perhaps he needed a bit of building up as he does become a bit of a 'playah' in AFfC.

Jaime was class in this ep - despite a couple a of slight tweaks, you sense his evolution already. Pretty well note perfect for me.

Tyrion/Tywin: great. Charles Dance is the epitome of badass.

Throughout the series, all the central elements,have been good to great, but if no one has already both Mormonts and Barristan Selmy (tho not in this ep) deserve an extra shout out - spot on!

Edited by Winterfelon

It took me a while to realise it was Ros, not Sansa.

Also, where is the Magi's "when your womb quickens and you give birth to a living child"? Leaving that out is a serious problem

Hmm - perhaps.

Although they can probably cover it in the 'House of the Damned' (forget the real name :P) when she gets told she'll be betrayed once for love etc...

9/10. Very satisfying conclusion to Season 1, especially the wrap-up of the Wall arc and the scene with Dany and her dragons. The CGI for the dragons was excellent for a TV movie. I actually felt like cheering for Jon and had tears in my eyes when the dragons hatched--and considering that Jon and Dany are two of my least favorite characters in the books, that was something.

As other posters have said, the latest gratuitous scene with Roz felt out of place and laughable; I hope she doesn't show up in Season 2. And I agree that the King in the North scene was passed over too quickly. I think I would have preferred Catelyn to have no discussions with Jaime until Season 2.

Liked the looks of Rorge, Biter, Jaqen H'gar, and Hot Pie; I'm excited for Arya's story arc next season. I also admire Sophie Turner's portrayal of Sansa and can't wait to see her next season as well.

Overall, I'd give the series an 8.

Nothing to feel bad about. She brought it upon herself. The producers are doing a better job of fleshing her out than Martin. If that look of disgust is indeed meant to portray Cersei as having second thoughts then kudos to the producers.

This lack of depth in the books makes Cersei very unrealistic. And no, fear of a random prophecy does not add depth to a character.

It's not that Cersei is very unrealistic in the books. She's just too much of an unreasonable b*tch (especially in the Feast). In the series she is given a somewhat more Machiavellian personality and "mistreated woman who wants a life" aura.

The scene with Robert when they talk about Dothraki and Lyanna, the scene with Ned when they talk about children, the scene at Joff's court - they all made me feel very sorry for her. Keep up the good work script writers and Lena Headley!

Edited by apt54

They did Robb wonderfully; it just makes his coming fate that much worse.

Loved the dragons, great ending; however, I think that the Mormont beyond the Wall speech was amazing, and would have made an even better ending.

Ros? Really? CGI dragons, CGI 700 ft Wall, armies, but you decide to cut costs by reusing the same whore all over the damn kingdom?

They did Robb wonderfully; it just makes his coming fate that much worse.

Loved the dragons, great ending; however, I think that the Mormont beyond the Wall speech was amazing, and would have made an even better ending.

Ros? Really? CGI dragons, CGI 700 ft Wall, armies, but you decide to cut costs by reusing the same whore all over the damn kingdom?

What made you come to the conclusion that Ros was featured a lot just to save costs? Personally I'd say that there are much more likely guesses.