GRRM Booksigning - Indianapolis (Carmel), IN

It's at the Barnes & Noble:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/54578

Just wondering if anyone from the board was planning on attending this signing?

And does anyone live in the area?

ETA:

So it seems that there will be a few of us attending this! We will meetup at the bookstore but there are also plans to go out to eat after the signing. If you want to join in, post below.

Please see further down in this thread for information from the bookstore regarding the signing. Information will be updated as we get it from them.

Also, be sure to read the post by Parris regarding the ADWD booksigning tour for information that applies to all of GRRM's appearances:

It's about 2.5 hours from Cincy for me. I'm guessing my wife might be willing to drop me off if she can take my son to the Children's Museum. I'm not promising anything now, I'll check back and let you know.

It would be about a 2-1/2 hour drive for us as well which is why it is something we are considering. An added incentive would be if other people from the board were there as well to meet up with while in line and maybe grab a bite to eat afterwards.

The children's musuem there is really good so that would be fun for your son!

(And what a coincidence, I'm about two and a half hours away from Indy too :D)

LOL it would be funny if everyone who showed up was from 2-1/2 hours away and no one was local.

I'm going to give the bookstore a call next week to see if they have any specifics. A friend of mine lives in the area and went to Charlaine Harris's signing there last month and she said they gave out wristbands in the morning - and that you had to buy a book at that bookstore to get a wristband - and that the wristband determined your place in line. So we'll see if they are doing something similar for GRRM's signing.

I'm in. I'm going to drive up without the family. Lady N - any inside info would be appreciated, like how early we have to be there and if we have to buy a book, etc. Cos I was planning to buy ADWD when it came out on the 12th and have it read before the 16th :lol:

Cos I was planning to buy ADWD when it came out on the 12th and have it read before the 16th :lol:

I'll let you know what they say. Yes I hope to have most of the book read before the signing as well! What I was planning on doing was downloading the ebook version on the day of the release and saving my hardback purchase for the bookstore when I get it signed. I was planning on getting both versions anyway.

Totally going! My first real book signing, and I'm traveling 2.5 hours to do it. Looking forward to driving a bunch and then waiting in a really long line. :P But seriously - I bet it will be a good time and I'm glad that Lady Narcissa sold me on it :)

I'm up for going. Sounds like it'd be a fun trip!

You say this now, but you may eat your words after 5 hours of me driving on the interstate *muahhahahhahaha*

I'll let you know what they say. Yes I hope to have most of the book read before the signing as well! What I was planning on doing was downloading the ebook version on the day of the release and saving my hardback purchase for the bookstore when I get it signed. I was planning on getting both versions anyway.

Here's a suvudu article with quite a bit of info about the book signing tour, along with a link to the specific bookstore in Carmel. I'm not sure if this is everything you needed, but it also has the phone number on the store's website too. Hope this helps.

Linkedy Link

Here's a suvudu article with quite a bit of info about the book signing tour, along with a link to the specific bookstore in Carmel.

I'm planning on calling the bookstore this afternoon! I'll let you know if it knows anything more specific at this point.

You say this now, but you may eat your words after 5 hours of me driving on the interstate *muahhahahhahaha*

*is terrified*

5 hours of driving and lord knows how long waiting in line...but a chance to have a miny BWB meetup in Indy...what could be better?!?!?

Okay I called the bookstore. (Warning to anyone else who wants to call the bookstore: you have to sit through a Nook advertisement as well as address and location information before you actually get to speak to a person.)

* You do not need to purchase a copy of the book at this specific B&N - if you have a copy of a receipt for the book from any other B&N, that is fine. But you do have to buy the copy of ADWD that you want to get signed from a B&N.

* They will be doing wristbands. Show them a receipt or buy a book and they will give you a wristband.

* Wristbands will be given out on the morning of the booksigning. So you can't go there earlier in the week and get a wristband.

* People will be lined up in groups - group A, group B, etc. So it all has to do with the order in which people show up to get their wristbands on the day of the signing.

(I failed to remember to ask her if there would be a limit on the number of people given wristbands.)

* You can purchase your book over the phone and then have it held for you at the bookstore.

All this information is subject to change (lol) so we should call back on the day of the book's release to confirm all of this.

I THINK I can make this.

I've got room for you in the vehicle if you want to carpool. You could totally leave your car by my house or something, unless you have a better car than I do and in that case you get to drive! :P

I've got room for you in the vehicle if you want to carpool. You could totally leave your car by my house or something, unless you have a better car than I do and in that case you get to drive! :P

I drive a Mustang so if we took mine we'd have to pile in like cirus clowns!

I should know by this weekend. I'd appreciate a lift, thank you! And thanks to Lady N for alerting of the roadtrip. :)

Trebla, I hope you can join our roadtrip!

Also, Justinian and Narishma, I think the plan is we are going to go out to eat after the signing. Harlot has a friend with a restaurant near the bookstore so we would most likely go there. Hope you two can join us for that.

Archived