GOT Mafia 80

Piper of Chaos

I hate to think we're limiting our lynch options today based on things done in the RP stage of the game. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Are we? At last vote count:

2 votes: Harlaw (Swann, Upcliff)

2 votes: Kenning (Cassel, Overton)

2 votes: Upcliff (Harlaw, Inchfield)

And that doesn't take into account that Ball voted for Upcliff (who is now on 3), Ambrose is now voting for Ball, I've expressed a desire to vote for Ball and Ball has expressed a desire to be lynched.

After all, his summary did neglect to include himself as a viable candidate. Poor show.

I'm not claiming it's utterly convincing (at all). But it's all I have, so right now, I'd say lynch him or night. We'll see, I'm not that determined yet.

Okay, I seriously dislike Swann trying to make night a genuine day 1 scenario. Night on day 1 is what happens when the innocents fuck up, not a viable strategy.

I'm pretty shocked no-one else noticed this while I was away. I mean seriously, Night on day 1? I'd rather you did lynch me than that. At least you can gather some information that way.

Average new player would suspect Yarwick, as most aggressive player. And wouldn't take aback after an attack so easily.

just for the record: I haven't taken aback. My vote is still on Harlaw till (if) something better comes along. He's not around so I didn't see the point to OVER and OVER and OVER explaining myself, especially as noone seems convinced.

Yarwick was mostly fooling around with his votes and his tone didn't strike me as particulary aggresive. BTW, Yarwick, here's Overton about his Night-vote:

Just being a wanker.

Did I miss Overton confirming his vote of night was a joke?

He called himself a wanker in post #51.

Personally, I have no idea what "wanker" means (and online translators don't help me), but it seems most players took this as confirming of a joke.

Harlaw, obvs going to night is not a good strategy. But Swann suggesting it at least fits with his other statements - he is neautral or likes everyone but Harlaw. I can see an innocent newbie therefore concluding that the best thing to do is lynch Harlaw or go to night.

Kenning - дрочила, translated into a language that means I don't have to post anything that looks to me to be, uh, unseemly for a mafia discussion since I can't understand it, but you should be able to use translate to turn it into your language. :)

Are we? At last vote count:

2 votes: Harlaw (Swann, Upcliff)

2 votes: Upcliff (Harlaw, Inchfield)

And that doesn't take into account that Ball voted for Upcliff (who is now on 3), Ambrose is now voting for Ball, I've expressed a desire to vote for Ball and Ball has expressed a desire to be lynched.

After all, his summary did neglect to include himself as a viable candidate. Poor show.

I'm tempted to vote Ball myself based on his comment about not having anything original to say at this point. Not only is it an easy out, but it reminds me of some of the comments that were made a couple games back when a FM was nabbed on day 1.

Okay, I seriously dislike Swann trying to make night a genuine day 1 scenario. Night on day 1 is what happens when the innocents fuck up, not a viable strategy.

I'm pretty shocked no-one else noticed this while I was away. I mean seriously, Night on day 1? I'd rather you did lynch me than that. At least you can gather some information that way.

I noticed it, but chose not to comment. Suffice it to say, I don't find it suspicious in and of itself.

Admittedly I'm playing a couple things close to my chest right now. That's one of them.

He called himself a wanker in post #51.

Personally, I have no idea what "wanker" means (and online translators don't help me), but it seems most players took this as confirming of a joke.

Yes, but the post I quoted from Cassel was post #40. Unless he's psychic I don't see how he could use that as proof of Overton's innocence.

Maybe I'm in danger of becoming narrow-focused, but to me this is the most suspicious thing I've seen in the game thus far. Cassel wanted discussion, was willing to make cases out of nothing on others, but for some reason didn't want to make anything out of Overton's vote for night --at that point the most likely to trigger serious discussion.

That leaves me with either the impression that Cassel is actively defending Overton, or that his perspective on the game is skewed by his alignment.

Yes, but the post I quoted from Cassel was post #40. Unless he's psychic I don't see how he could use that as proof of Overton's innocence.

Maybe I'm in danger of becoming narrow-focused, but to me this is the most suspicious thing I've seen in the game thus far. Cassel wanted discussion, was willing to make cases out of nothing on others, but for some reason didn't want to make anything out of Overton's vote for night --at that point the most likely to trigger serious discussion.

That leaves me with either the impression that Cassel is actively defending Overton, or that his perspective on the game is skewed by his alignment.

Ok, you are convincing. Let's try this.

Overton.

I really like this statement and also don't want to focus too much on one person this early, so remove vote.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Ambrose, Ball, Cassel, Florent, Harlaw, Inchfield, Kenning, Overton, Swann, Upcliff, Yarwyck

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote: Harlaw (Swann)

2 votes: Upcliff (Inchfield, Ball)

2 vote: Overton (Yarwyck, Kenning)

1 vote: Ball (Ambrose)

1 vote: Swann (Harlaw)

2 players have not voted: Florent, Upliff

In his intial post he already assumed:

"um, and Overton, that was a joke, right? "

Kept on it:

"Overton voted night and nothing else? Not optimal, but I won't vote for him over that today. I will scold him for it, however."

When Overton was around pushed it through:

"So Overton - what was that vote for night all about?"

So, as it appears to be unforgiveable to go to night w/o lynching, would someone care to explain?yes, you got me, I'm new. But i was thinking: when there are more innocents than FM wouldn't it be more likely to lynch the wrong one if there are no facts to justify the lynch?

Or is it more about keeping pressure up?

As for Harlaw, thanks for saying something usefull (as I must assume, since going to night is widly considered the wrong move). So I'm thinking about removing vote, but not doing so yet.

EDIT:spelling

Ok, you are convincing. Let's try this.

Overton.

Interesting. Either I failed to make my point, or you're latching on to my case for the sake of latching on. That doesn't make me feel very good about you.

If you truly agreed with me, Cassel would come out looking worse than Overton, as Overton would only be guilty in one of the scenarios I proposed. My vote being on Overton presently is simple oversight on my part. I'd change it, but now I'm also looking at you.

Care to elaborate on what exactly you agree with in my case?

i have no hope of ever catching up with all 88 posts so i'm just gonna cast a random vote for today and then really try tomorrow

hope thats okay!

Vyrwel

Here are the houses that are participating in this game:

House Ambrose

House Ball

House Cassel

House Florent

House Harlaw

House Inchfield

House Kenning

House Overton

House Swann

House Upcliff

House Yarwyck

House Ambrose

House Ball

House Cassel

House Florent

House Harlaw

House Inchfield

House Kenning

House Overton

House Swann

House Upcliff

House Yarwyck

Yay, way to help him make an uninformed (and possibly dangerous) vote :P

House Ambrose

House Ball

House Cassel

House Florent

House Harlaw

House Inchfield

House Kenning

House Overton

House Swann

House Upcliff

House Yarwyck

but i want to vote for vyrwel

that guy always gets my goat :angry:

If you truly agreed with me, Cassel would come out looking worse than Overton, as Overton would only be guilty in one of the scenarios I proposed. My vote being on Overton presently is simple oversight on my part. I'd change it, but now I'm also looking at you.

Care to elaborate on what exactly you agree with in my case?

I agree that Cassel is probably defending Overton - so, if we accept a possibility of a symp, Overton is a better lynch.

Though, I might revive my past vote on Cassel as well, regarding on reactions.

Archived