GOT Mafia 80

Piper of Chaos

So, as it appears to be unforgiveable to go to night w/o lynching, would someone care to explain?yes, you got me, I'm new. But i was thinking: when there are more innocents than FM wouldn't it be more likely to lynch the wrong one if there are no facts to justify the lynch?

Or is it more about keeping pressure up?

Um, basically, Maths says it's better to lynch than go to night, even if it's completely random. I think basically because otherwise the FM effectively get a free kill. It's not intuitive though, so mafia on this board went many games before lynching on day one became understood as beneficial to the innocents.

After all, his summary did neglect to include himself as a viable candidate. Poor show.

Wasn't a show.

I'm tempted to vote Ball myself based on his comment about not having anything original to say at this point. Not only is it an easy out, but it reminds me of some of the comments that were made a couple games back when a FM was nabbed on day 1.

Dunno anything about the previous games but I do fail to see the wrongness of my comment.

Dunno anything about the previous games but I do fail to see the wrongness of my comment.

The wrongness is that it's unproductive, doesn't help others get a read on your thought process, and doesn't help us get any closer to lynching a bad guy (assuming of course the bad guy isn't you).

The wrongness is that it's unproductive, doesn't help others get a read on your thought process, and doesn't help us get any closer to lynching a bad guy (assuming of course the bad guy isn't you).

:bang: I don't have any though process to talk about today. Unforgivable? Oh well, lynch me.

I just don't think FM would put themselves out there like that - certainly not on Day 1. That's all it boils down to.

I don't think Harlaw was exactly putting himself out there.

Cassy, would you really not vote for Harlaw because he made you laugh?

No, not really. More like I won't vote for him 'right now'. Saying 'today' however, has a little more oomph and gives a talking point.

The rest of the post is also suspicious because the tone of disapproval that the game hasn't got going and of an attempt to move things on doesn't fit with the vacuousness of the comments (things like 'Upcliff seems a little stuffy' - what does that even mean?)

I explained the Upcliff comment - he didn't do any of the RP. I was disappointed that nothing had been going on. My availability for playing this game is limited to some strict windows and I was hoping for some conversations.

How did Cassel go from this:

To this:

This after listing off a number of minor --read seriously stretched-- points against other people.

I assumed it (Overton's vote for night) was a joke from the get go, but wanted to make sure in case I misinterpreted his tone. Even so, I don't think it was the most suspicious thing in the game at that point. The most obvious thing, yes, but not the most suspicious. Of course my points were stretched on the players I listed, but I did find them genuinely more suspicious than a vote for night.

I think you missed the part where I then went and tried to start something. Frankly what I was looking for was a dialogue, which doesn't happen when posts are sparse.

Right, I know, but it wasn't your first response. Asking someone else to start something, while light in tone, snagged my attention while I was reading.

And you feel the need to pad your post count, why? Afraid to go for quality over quantity?

It was a wry lament over the number of posts in the thread at that point. I was amusing myself waiting for someone to show up and play with me.

I'm tempted to vote Ball myself based on his comment about not having anything original to say at this point. Not only is it an easy out, but it reminds me of some of the comments that were made a couple games back when a FM was nabbed on day 1.

Why are you looking for an easy out?

Ball's play today reminds me of a couple of players play in the last few games...

Yeah. Not lynching him without a good reason, or the threat of a no-lynch. A lynch for day 1 unhelpfulness is dumb. almost as dumb as Night.

House Inchfield, House Yarwyck, House Swann, I see you make a nice team here. The eagerness of the three of you to vote me out quickly without an actual reason even lightened my mood a bit. Very helpful indeed.

If they are a team in a CF game, they are the worst team ever.

edit: Also, I'm more worried about Yarwyck's vote than Inch's, and I'm very worried about Swanns.

I agree that Cassel is probably defending Overton - so, if we accept a possibility of a symp, Overton is a better lynch.

Though, I might revive my past vote on Cassel as well, regarding on reactions.

You think there is a symp?

Yarwyck. I find him defensive and he's taking on low hanging fruit. A vote for night, a suspcion of me because I didn't find that uber suspicious. A vote for someone with an attitude.

We're voting for Ball because he's unhelpful rather than suspicious? Um ... guys, probably not a wise move.

I voted for ball because (for now) it's proven he's unhelpfull while nothing came even close to earning that adjective.

Plus, it's a good way to get someone participating I think.

Finally, you don't make enemies if you don't participate. That's at least a little suspicious. I for myself have already earned me an enemy :)

If they are a team in a CF game, they are the worst team ever.

edit: Also, I'm more worried about Yarwyck's vote than Inch's, and I'm very worried about Swanns.

Well, three FMs are probably too many for this game anyway. But that did look like a team work, so neatly one after another jumping on the easiest lynch candidate. Especially it was odd coming for Swann with all that sweating his arse off to be reasonable and then, all of a sudden, voting just because a player is not helpful enough on the day 1.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Ambrose, Ball, Cassel, Florent, Harlaw, Inchfield, Kenning, Overton, Swann, Upcliff, Yarwyck

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 votes: Kenning (Overton)

1 votes: Upcliff (Ball)

1 vote: Overton (Kenning)

4 votes: Ball (Ambrose, Inchfield, Yarwyck, Swann)

1 vote: Swann (Harlaw)

1 vote: Yarwyck (Cassel)

2 players have not voted: Florent, Upliff

Why are you looking for an easy out?

In what way am I looking for an easy out. You don't own a monopoly on being suspicious.

That said, I did overplay my suspicions of you a bit in order to see your reaction. I'm satisfied for now.

We're voting for Ball because he's unhelpful rather than suspicious? Um ... guys, probably not a wise move.

No, I'm voting for Ball because he's unhelpful and suspicious. There's plenty for him to be commenting on at this stage in the game -- his unwillingness to do so helps no one unless he's a FM who doesn't want to accidentally out his partner.

Archived