[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Daenerys 1 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

So. Do you think that maybe because one of the dragons is now a maneater than Dany will have to put it down? Once you get a tase of manflesh you never want to go back, right?

Any other "pet" that killed a human would be automatically put down, no question. And there's still 2 dragons from which to breed, if breeding to keep dragons extant is part of GRRM's plans for how the story ends. Personally I think dragons, like WMD, cannot be in the sole posession of one family (nation). Too much of an imbalance in power and opportunity for oppression and tyranny. So either there have to be other people with dragons, or no dragons at all, one t'Others have been seen to. As long as they get the dragons to make a decent cache of Obsidian weapons before they're decommissioned then the world will be well prepared for the next onslaught out of the frozen north.

I say kill one of the dragons now.

Well, if she's training them for battle they will have to learn to kill humans eventually, right?

Well, if she's training them for battle they will have to learn to kill humans eventually, right?

There's a difference between a controlled battle dragon and an uncontrolled maneater dragon.

Kill it I say, kill it.

Prophecy must never come out as people think it will. It makes for weak fiction if it does. So I think (at least) one of the dragons should die so that the 3 dragon riders prophecy no longer has an obvious fulfilment. And what more heart rending way of having one of the dragons die than it be done at the command of an emotionally devastated Dany. It would make for good drama.

Ultimately the story only needs one dragon to make it to Westeros for Dany's role to be pivotal to the conclusion of the series.

Yes, you don't want to let your Dragon eat people mid battle, because that means he is on the ground and an easy target for crossbows/bows/lancers.

Flying around burning stuff from as far away as you can, affords added to protection.

I hope and would be suprised if atleast 2 of the Dragons aren't dead by the end of the series.

Hell I half suspect a big swerve where all 3 bite the dust before the Others are defeated.

Dragons are far too obivious to be the things that defeat the others.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you don't want to let your Dragon eat people mid battle, because that means he is on the ground and an easy target for crossbows/bows/lancers.

Flying around burning stuff from as far away as you can, affords added to protection.

I hope and would be suprised if atleast 2 of the Dragons aren't dead by the end of the series.

Hell I half suspect a big swerve where all 3 bite the dust before the Others are defeated.

Dragons are far too obivious to be the things that defeat the others.

How far away can they be for the flames to still reach the ground? They're not throwing fireballs...

How far away can they be for the flames to still reach the ground? They're not throwing fireballs...

they aren't invincible

i think Daeron lost few of them during wars in Dorne but those were smaller than Balerion and co

apparently size matters after all :D

Edit: i was wrong - last one died a few years before Conquest of Dorne, but a number of them was killed during dance of dragons

• 1 month later...

they aren't invincible

i think Daeron lost few of them during wars in Dorne but those were smaller than Balerion and co

apparently size matters after all :D

Edit: i was wrong - last one died a few years before Conquest of Dorne, but a number of them was killed during dance of dragons

Hello! I have been reading around for quite some time and this is my first post/reply.

Some of my friends tend to believe that the black dragon could be already dead and "bones of a child" really meant "bones of a dragon", Dany's child, that is.

What do you think?

Hello! I have been reading around for quite some time and this is my first post/reply.

Some of my friends tend to believe that the black dragon could be already dead and "bones of a child" really meant "bones of a dragon", Dany's child, that is.

What do you think?

No, because the black dragon makes another appearance in a later spoiler. Besides, after the emphasis on "the dragon has three heads," it would sort ruin the story to sever one of the heads so soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Besides, after the emphasis on "the dragon has three heads," it would sort ruin the story to sever one of the heads so soon.

Nah, that's just the sort of twist I could see GRRM doing just to throw us for a loop. Who is to say after all that the "dragon has three heads" is correct? That was part of the prophecy was it not? I don't buy that these prophecies are infallible.

What do you think?

No. Because (spoilers for later Dany chapters in aDwD) -

Dany's thoughts in her later chapters indicate that the bones are those of the man's daughter Hazzea. He is paid to never speak of the death of his child

• 4 weeks later...

Archived