Board Game

Hakiko

Hey Guys,

I resurrected this old thread b/c I just got the board game. I went to play it though and many of the tokens are missing. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Specifically it cam with two cardboard sheets of tokens. I think it should have come with at least 4 to 6 of them. Can anyone confirm?

Hey Guys,

I resurrected this old thread b/c I just got the board game. I went to play it though and many of the tokens are missing. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Specifically it cam with two cardboard sheets of tokens. I think it should have come with at least 4 to 6 of them. Can anyone confirm?

Just to make sure, did you get the A Game of Thrones version, or one of the two expansions (either A Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords)?

Just to make sure, did you get the A Game of Thrones version, or one of the two expansions (either A Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords)?

I definitely got the original game, A Game of Thrones. I ordered it from dragon talon games online.

What was exactly in your game ? Which token ?

You should have 15 orders and many power tokens (20 ?) for each of the houses.

It looks like I have most of the power tokens but am missing the order tokens for all but one house. On one sheet I have the unique tokens like Wilding attack and the nuetral powers along with some standard power chips etc for each faction. However, I think they forgot to include at least 1-4 of the cardboard sheets of tokens. I counted up all the tokens and it s not near where it should be as far as pieces go. I'm also missing the Tyrell power pieces which I assume are on teh same sheet as the other things I'm missing. Since I got it online (new from Dragon Talon Games) I think I might be screwed. At least no one else should order from these guys.

What sucks the most is that I will probably buy the game again.

Has anyone played this game with people who haven't read any ASOIAF books?

None of my friends have read it nor are they willing to give it a shot, however, they are fans of RISK so I would like to introduce a game like this if it would be worthwhile.

None of my friends have read it nor are they willing to give it a shot, however, they are fans of RISK so I would like to introduce a game like this if it would be worthwhile.

The original group I played with had not read the books. In fact, almost every person I've played with has not read any of the books. They all enjoyed the game. Certainly the names and geography would make more sense after reading the series, but it isn't necessary to enjoy the game. I definitely think the game would be worthwhile.

I'm considering buying this game because it looks like something I would enjoy (yay, no Risk-like dice! :P) but it's difficult to find people to play with. Does anyone know if the rules can be adapted for 2 players while preserving the "spirit" of the game as much as possible?

I've played it with mixed groups and some people that hadn't read the books actually became really interested in reading them after playing the game.

Unfortunately due to the number of players required we don't get to play it very often. We've had only one 5 player game that I can remember (and that was ruined by one of the players leaving early). The Storm of Swords expansion is specifically tailored to 4 players, which is a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread makes me want to play the board game again. Last time I played, I was Stark and thhe guy playing Greyjoy just kept giving me alcohol, so I got pretty drunk and couldn't really make decisions very well. He crushed me.

The original group I played with had not read the books. In fact, almost every person I've played with has not read any of the books. They all enjoyed the game. Certainly the names and geography would make more sense after reading the series, but it isn't necessary to enjoy the game. I definitely think the game would be worthwhile.

The game can be enjoyed by someone who hasn't read the books. The only problem is that there are some spoilers: basically King Robert's death and the five factions that fight for power. So it's better if the at least have halfway Agot.

I'm considering buying this game because it looks like something I would enjoy (yay, no Risk-like dice! :P) but it's difficult to find people to play with. Does anyone know if the rules can be adapted for 2 players while preserving the "spirit" of the game as much as possible?

has anyone developed a 2 or 3 person version of the game to play? theres no way i can get 5 people all at once to play.

One of the great things of the game is that while each faction is completely different, the game is vary balanced: If the Starks bring their forces South, they can be atacked by the Greyjoys. The same for the Lannisters if they move east.

When you play with less players, the balance is lost. Without Greyjoys, the Starks have a bigadvantage. Without Tyrells, Lannisters have a huge bunch of free land to conquer. And so on.

IMO, the design of the game enforces that you need a player for each faction. But if you really wanted to play with two players, I'd say that you might try using the ACOK expansion and play with three houses each.

IMO, the design of the game enforces that you need a player for each faction. But if you really wanted to play with two players, I'd say that you might try using the ACOK expansion and play with three houses each.

I was thinking along the same lines since I do have the expansion. Also considered each playing two house and two neutrals as a buffer but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

We've tried playing with the other factions as Neutrels when we didn't have others, it didn't work out all that well. Tyrell needs something to stop them from just overruning the south, and if either Dorne or Baratheon are neutral that ain't going to happen, the same with Greyjoy.

• 1 month later...
This is an awesome game. We've had to play quite a few 4 player games so if anyone wants to hear the house rules we've come up for that I can post 'em.

I'd be interested to hear your house rules. I got a group of friends coming to town next week and we were going to try and make a go of it.

Archived