Create your Westerosi house

The Isle of Faces

Okay, pretty simple, create your very own Westerosi house. (With words, of course.)

http://i.min.us/id3Lie.png

Name: House Odin (Norse God of Men and Father of Gods)

Sigil: A great wolf staring down from a cliff at other little animals

Motto: Never Stop Fighting

Unofficial Motto: Never Unprepared (This is like, "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts.")

House Sword: A great sword forged from an alloy of Obsidian (for magic) and fallen comet (strength.)

House Odin is the second to last great houses of the Children of the Forest and live at the grand castle of Munimentum. Due to the magic surrounding the Isle of Faces, outsiders believe it to be a small, relatively uninhabited island, but in fact is quite larger then meets the eye and holds 20,000 Children. The Isle of Faces has high amounts of Obsidian, Valyrian Steel, and works of literature, science, astronomy, and more. The Ethelwulf's still worship the Old Gods to this day. Led by Lord Amaethon Odin.

References: Amaetheon is a welsh God of Agriculture and Master of Magic

SECOND HOUSE

Here's another go:

House: House Whent

Sigil: Two Great Swords crossing each other, on a dark blue night sky with the moon in the corner

Motto: We Bend To No Man

Unofficial Motto: No More, No Less

Castle Name: The great castle of Grandeza

Religion: The Old Gods

Blood: Descendants of the First Men (Stark and Greyiron), though rumored some offspring of the first Lord Whent had relations with a CotF.

Location: http://min.us/mbrIifi (Picture is Northwest of Winterfell, Southeast of Bear Island. Check picture)

House Weapon(s): House Whent has two distinct weapons that have been passed down through the generations. They are made of an unknown metal found in a nearby mine, nearly as sharp as Obsidian but as trustworthy as Valyrian Steel. It is said to be stainless as they looks as they did thousands of years ago.

Sworn to: House Whent has sworn fealty to House Stark, but rules its land as if they are kings. House Whent does have subordinate houses spread across the Stony Shore and Wolfswood, and during the War of the Five Kings, House Went sent approximately 1/3 of it's men. The men were very loyal to King Robb, but went North through the Neck with Ser Rodriks force. They split way with Ser Rodrik on the Kingsroad near Winterfell for fresh supplies.

Back Story: House Whent was founded during the Age of Heroes. The couple who founded this noble House were minor siblings of House Stark and House Greyiron. Being younger children (the Stark husband was said to be of close relation to Bran the Builder) they founded their House with full permission from the King in the North. They were allowed to choose a name to their liking, so long as they swore fealty to House Stark. The built their castle, Grandeza, perfectly located on the shore for fishing, near the Wolfswood for timber, and near the mountains for minerals and natural protection. Ramerion Whent, the first of his name, Lord Protector of Grandeza, was said to immediately make peace with the Children of the Forest for reasons still unknown, though there are secrets to the castle (seen later.) Through the years, the Whents have relied on three main industries for wealth: fishing, timber, and natural resources (mountains.) Fishing fed the family and some large, exotic fish are known to be wanted on the markets in Winterfell and White Harbor. The timber provides for many needed uses, such as constructing new buildings or ships (needed both by the Ironmen, the Mormonts, and the Starks. While they continue to sell resources such as copper, iron, silver, gold, and many other metals (such as what the House Swords are made of), they mainly keep to themselves unless they are in need of money, which is usually covered by the former industries. During the golden age of the North, House Whent built many more small castles. The summer house is used for enjoyment, such as Targaryen Summer Hall, and the Safehouse can be compared to the Eyrie, said to be impregnable due to the natural location. No one knows of the safe house, called Sicherheit. Their have been rumors among the various Lords that the CotF helped build a secret, underground tunnel to the castle. They have prospered through the years, and Aegon Tarygaryen didn't even bother making the House bend the knee until the formal procession at King's Landing. Neither the Boltons nor the Ironborn have tried to attack House Whent, and due to the stories they've heard (a nephew of the Lord was a squire near Robb), the Whents have declared a secession from the rule of the Boltons. House Whent has continued relations with the Wall, sending 35 horses, 25 fur coats, metal (for swords), and 3 minor subordinate offspring per year. The House also has great relation with House Reed and the Lord went with Ned and Howland to the ToJ, but was sent away to make sure Robert didn't make a terrible decision. Eddard Stark once said, "Promise me, David...."

Name: House Darkwood

Sigil: Three Crowned Golden Bows on a field of blue

Motto: To the Heart

Unofficial Motto: Our blood does not flow.

Location: Originally the Summer Isle's but now the seat is Riverrun.

House Sword: None, but the House arms would be the Longbow Hearttrue and the Great Valyrian Steel great ax Sweet Silence,forged from Valyrian steel Swords that our fore fathers took from the lands we conquered.

House Darkwood would have come up from the Summer Island's and using the wealth they gained from their vast Darkwood Orchards, which is used to make superior bows and hafts for weapons,and from weapon's making. The specialize in bows and metalurgy, and eventually rise to become one of the strongest houses in the Seven kingdoms, after marrying into both the Greyjoy and Tully familys the would become Lord Paramounts of the Iron Islands and the Trident.

Name: House Darkwood

Sigil: Three Crowned Golden Bows on a field of blue

Motto: To the Heart

Unofficial Motto: Our blood does not flow.

Location: Originally the Summer Isle's but now the seat is Riverrun.

House Sword: None, but the House arms would be the Longbow Hearttrue and the Great Valyrian Steel great ax Sweet Silence,forged from Valyrian steel Swords that our fore fathers took from the lands we conquered.

House Darkwood would have come up from the Summer Island's and using the wealth they gained from their vast Darkwood Orchards, which is used to make superior bows and hafts for weapons,and from weapon's making. The specialize in bows and metalurgy, and eventually rise to become one of the strongest houses in the Seven kingdoms, after marrying into both the Greyjoy and Tully familys the would become Lord Paramounts of the Iron Islands and the Trident.

I like it! Unofficial question is, why'd you leave the beautiful Summer Islands?

House: House Baracus

Sigil: A mohican atop a black fellow's head

Motto: I pity the fool

Unofficial Motto: I ain't gettin' on no plane!

House Sword: Pain!!!

Name: House Dunbar

Sigil: A white horse (reined and bridled) on a gold field

Motto: In Readiness

Unofficial Motto: None

House Sword Bow: Song, crafted from a Weirwood branch

Alwyas ready to defend the North, famed for their mounted archers.

I borrowed the name, sigil, and motto from my RL family.

Name: House Dunbar

Sigil: A white horse (reined and bridled) on a gold field

Motto: In Readiness

Unofficial Motto: None

House Sword Bow: Song, crafted from a Weirwood branch

Alwyas ready to defend the North, famed for their mounted archers.

I borrowed the name, sigil, and motto from my RL family.

I like it...Taking the bow from the Weirwood, do you believe in the Old Gods? And would you say you're a large or relatively small house? In either fielding arms or money etc.

I like it...Taking the bow from the Weirwood, do you believe in the Old Gods? And would you say you're a large or relatively small house? In either fielding arms or money etc.

Old Gods all the way. We're a big house in lands but most of our people are subsistence farmer's, hunters, or fishermen. But since most of our people are so spread out most have horses so we can field a strong cavalry of five or six hundred.

Old Gods all the way. We're a big house in lands but most of our people are subsistence farmer's, hunters, or fishermen. But since most of our people are so spread out most have horses so we can field a strong cavalry of five or six hundred.

Are you sworn to House Stark and are you sworn to fuck up any Lannister you see? Lolz, but lets see, where does your economy come from? Agriculture/fishing/pelts? Any natural resourceS?

Name: House Greatback

Sigil: A knight holding a sword and sheild.

Motto: Never Broken

Unofficial Motto: Constant vigilance(this would fit in to our readiness to fight)

House Sword: Valyrian Steel named deathstroke.

Formed after Aegon the Conquerer, the Greatback house, has yet to have thier castle sacked. We'd be sworn to House Baretheon and would be known for our knights and also for our warships.

Name: House Belin Scala

Sigil: A thin crescent moon embracing the edge of a fiery sun, forming a circle.

Motto: Totul Cult Acum ( Now Worship Everything )

Unofficial Motto: "Everything You Love Shall Come To Me." - a curse

Location: Sunken ruins somewhere in the Neck, the location long-since forgotten, the House abolished.

House Swords: Deetring and Lusenaut, twin blades of sun and star. Buried in the Neck.

History: An ancient, short-lived and minor family of the North. Details have been lost in time, but the weirwoods still whisper of when the Old Gods themselves called forth the great rivers to wash away the taint of House Belin Scala and their self-styed "Everqueen," a supposed immortal. Afterwards, the floodwater never receded, forming the stretch of swamp and marshlands now known as the Neck and forever marking the watery grave of the accursed village. The House was so secretive that modern Westeros has no history of this even happening, and only the Old Gods know what truly transpired.

[very loosely taken from a story of mine]

History: An ancient, short-lived and minor family of the North. Details have been lost in time, but the weirwoods still whisper of when the Old Gods themselves called forth the great rivers to wash away the taint of House Belin Scala and their self-styed "Everqueen," a supposed immortal. Afterwards, the floodwater never receded, forming the stretch of swamp and marshlands now known as the Neck and forever marking the watery grave of the accursed village. The House was so secretive that modern Westeros has no history of this even happening, and only the Old Gods know what truly transpired.

[very loosely taken from a story of mine]

So are you saying you're all gone! Agh, that's awful! Hopefully you married into the Reeds or something. I mean that sword does sound nice...exactly where in the Neck did you say you were? Coordinates please?

ALSO: Does anyone else think the Targaryen motto would be perfect as "Vini, Vidi, Vici."

We're all gone... in fact, the crannogmen and the Children of the Forest get along so well because they likely helped the Old Gods get rid of us, and then the new swamps were given to the Reeds as a gift.

I guess I'm just a ghost wandering around!

On one hand, this thread is really dorky. On the other hand, I am a huge dork.

Name: House Starfelt

Sigil: Three golden stars in a bend sinister upon a dark blue field

Motto: Shining Bright

Unofficial Motto: We never sleep

House Sword: Meteoric iron spear with a weirwood shaft called Nightsun.

Starfelt is my actual last name, though we've no coat of arms or words that I know of.

My imaginary Westerosi family is descended from the First Men, and keeps a proper Godswood that has an unfortunate stunted weirwood that we labor mightily to keep alive in that harsh Dornish climate. I figure they were ennobled when they fell upon a contingent of the Storm King's men who were trying to steal a night march upon an exhausted Dornish host that had come to meet them. From there, they were given leave to take over a long abandoned keep, and the eldest married the daughter of the grateful general.

House name: Whitecrow

Sigil: a white raven in flight on a red field

Motto: Hear Us, Fear Us

No unofficial motto

Location: White Tower, now a ruin; in the west of the Dornish Mountains right between Horn Hill and Uplands

House weapons: Windslasher, a Valyrian steel bastard sword and Darkclaw, a dragonbone spear with an obsidian tip

History: One of the very first houses founded by the First Men after the end of the Long Night. Though assimilated in Andal culture the house survived up until Aegon's invasion, when the last descendant was killed at the Field of Fire. Legends say that the founder of the house (or his father) had known of the impending invasion of the Others and had tried to warn the people of Westeros but with no success. Another legend says that he fought on the side of the Others, and was given power over the elements and beasts of winter and darkness. It is also believed that they were among the first to learn ravenlore, and in particular had bred the white ravens that are now the Citadel's own messengers on the changing of seasons.

I like it! Unofficial question is, why'd you leave the beautiful Summer Islands?

Becasue they eventually want to take over the Iron Throne but instead of using violence or lies, they use emotional subterfuge and cunning marriages to put themselves in places of power. By having every great house in the realm tied to them by way of blood or marriage.

On 6/24/2011 at 7:06 PM, The Isle of Faces said:

Okay, pretty simple, create your very own Westerosi house. (With words, of course.)

Test

Wow..this is a really cool question. I can't believe you could all could just come up with your houses that fast. I would seriously need like, days to make up mine. What's wrong with me?! Lol :huh:

Nothing lol the only reason I was able to do mine fast because my RL family has a cool clan motto and badge

Name: House Howell of Shrikehaven

Sigil: A silver sea lion carrying a flaming torch on a black field

Words: Where Others Fear to Tread

House Howell was founded 700 years before the events of the books, 300 years before the Targaeryan conquest. An ancient house, called House Shrike, rose up in rebellion against the King of the Vale. The Shrikes had the strongest fleet of any house of the Vale, and blockaded Gulltown. The King did not have enough ships to break the blockade. Then he was approached by Theron the Red, a local pirate lord. Theron broke the blockade by painting his ship, Howell's Revenge, silver, and covering it with torches, so that it resembled a ghost ship. He sailed his ship right through the enemy fleet, untouched, and delivered much needed supplies and reinforcements to the beleaguered defenders of Gulltown. Theron was knighted for his efforts, and then lead the vanguard at the Battle of Merlyn Pass, where Lord Shrike's rebellion was crushed. The King of the Vale made Ser Theron Howell the new lord of Shrikehaven, and the Howells have ruled there ever since. The only other notable event occurred some 200 years before Robert's Rebellion. Castor Howell became the new lord of Shrikehaven. Lord Castor was known as 'Sharktooth', due to a freakishly long and sharp canine tooth that he was born with, and he was as ruthless and vicious as his nickname suggested. Castor brutalized the smallfolk of his land, kept his relatives under lock and key, and lead destructive raids against his neighbors. He eventually declared war on House Rhoyce, and was only stopped by the intervention of Lord Arryn. When the knights of the Vale discovered the monstrosities he had inflicted on his own kin deep within Shrikehaven Keep, Castor was stripped of his lordship and forced to take the black. A lesser branch of the family took his place. Castor Howell has been dead for many years, but the smallfolk still tell tales of Lord Sharktooth, and use his name to frighten their children to bed. The remaining Howells would just as soon forget him, but they have one heirloom of him that they just can't part with: a Valyrian steel longsword called "Breaker". Nobody knows how Castor obtained it, but it is beautifully crafted, with a crosspiece carved to resemble crashing waves, while the pommel is a flawless aquamarine gem. The Howells keep the sword locked in the family vault, but it still remains to bear testimony to what their blood is capable of.

House Name: House Ulster

Founder: Osgood Ulster

House Words: "Tread Elsewhere"

Sigil: A viridian kingfisher on a field of white with a red trim

Castle: Sunderholm, an island fortress

Ship: Stormshear

Sword: A Valyrian Steel claymore called The Old Warden

Location: In the Sea of Dorne, on an island south of the Rainwood

Sworn to: House Baratheon

Descended from the First Men, House Ulster successfully resisted conquest by the Andals, managing to keep many of their sacred customs intact. The Old Gods are honored on Sunderholm, but worship of the Seven found its way unto the isle and became the dominant religion. Though resolute when defending their island, the Ulsters are open to outside cultural influences from both Dorne and the Stormlands. They have a proud naval tradition, relying on fishing and maritime trade for sustenance.

Archived