Just had my first awesome moment!

Hello board...long time board skimmer, first time poster. I'm so glad that I started readingt this epic story 3 months ago. I'm about 40% through aSOS, and I had my first truly awesome event!!! There have been so many that I can't even count them but I have found my fav so far in this series.

It was so great that i had to post about it because I had to share my enthusiasm for this event and to see if anyone else felt that same joy I received.

The moment that I speak of is the freeing of the Unsullied by the mother of dragons!!!

It was sooo frikin' incredible because for the 1st time a character in the series had done what I had hoped they would do. That scene just blew my mind!!!

Let me hear it if you all felt the same.

HALFMAN!!!

Hello board...long time board skimmer, first time poster. I'm so glad that I started readingt this epic story 3 months ago. I'm about 40% through aSOS, and I had my first truly awesome event!!! There have been so many that I can't even count them but I have found my fav so far in this series.

It was so great that i had to post about it because I had to share my enthusiasm for this event and to see if anyone else felt that same joy I received.

The moment that I speak of is the freeing of the Unsullied by the mother of dragons!!!

It was sooo frikin' incredible because for the 1st time a character in the series had done what I had hoped they would do. That scene just blew my mind!!!

Let me hear it if you all felt the same.

HALFMAN!!!

Don't let anybody dampen your enthusiasm--that was an awesome scene and I loved it!

:fencing:

PS: Where are my manners? Welcome to the board!

Eh, spoilsports. Yeah, yeah, on re-read number 812 you can kind of spot the groundwork being laid for it. Whatever, first time round, that scene was pure awesome.

:agree:

Even if you did spot it ahead of time, the way it played out was still pretty damn good reading.

I'm willing to bet that 95 out of every 100 "It was so obvious, I totally saw that scene coming" posts on this board are just self-aggrandizing :bs: used to cover up said poster's feelings of insecurity and illiteracy at the 1,563,599 other things they realized they missed once they first logged on to Westeros.org.

Not that I'm accusing anyone in this thread of that sin... :unsure:

Thanks guys for your backing and support! Much appreciated, even you naysayers. I welcome some criticism.

@aktarian Maybe the scene was obvious to you but I learned early in my readings that you can't expect anything to really occur for the reason that GRriM (that's my pet name for Mr. Martin) can flip the storyline in a dragon's wink. I stopped hoping for things to happen because I can ultimately be let down at any glimmer of hope. So I see myself as a passenger on this incredible ride that GrRim has so cleverly designed.

It was a predictable scene. Once we learn that Unsullied will obey any command given by their masters and that Dany wants to buy all Unsullied, trainees and boys her plan becomes obvious.

Check out the big brain on aktarian...

:::goes to have a Royale with Cheese with Anton Rockamora::: :smoking:

@aktarian Maybe the scene was obvious to you but I learned early in my readings that you can't expect anything to really occur for the reason that GRriM (that's my pet name for Mr. Martin) can flip the storyline in a dragon's wink. I stopped hoping for things to happen because I can ultimately be let down at any glimmer of hope. So I see myself as a passenger on this incredible ride that GrRim has so cleverly designed.

I am apparently forum illiterate, cause I don't know how to make that cool little box thingy...but anyway

Yes! I agree 100 percent. I love that I don't have any idea if he is actually setting something up, or if he is going to blow my mind again. It is definitely easy to see that it was being set up for what happened, but that is the great thing about GRRM, he is always changing it up! Anyway, I also loved that part, as predictable as it may have been. Stuff needs to go right every once in a while, come on!

I am apparently forum illiterate, cause I don't know how to make that cool little box thingy...but anyway

Here's how to make that cool little box thingy... :laugh:

When you want to reply to someone and actually quote them before answering, look in the bottom right-hand corner of their post. See the 'Reply' button? Click that. The person's post will open up, then you can erase whatever part of the post you don't want to talk about but leave in the part you do want to reply to (like I just did with yours). Then click down a couple lines past the (/unquote) end of their post and write whatever you want to write. (PS: When you're erasing part of their post be sure NOT to erase the beginning that starts like this (quote name='whatever' timestamp=123455964)

Welcome to the board!

When you want to reply to someone and actually quote them before answering, look in the bottom right-hand corner of their post. See the 'Reply' button? Click that. The person's post will open up, then you can erase whatever part of the post you don't want to talk about but leave in the part you do want to reply to (like I just did with yours). Then click down a couple lines past the (/unquote) end of their post and write whatever you want to write. (PS: When you're erasing part of their post be sure NOT to erase the beginning that starts like this (quote name='whatever' timestamp=123455964)

Welcome to the board!

I knew that! haha..... I realized it was because I was trying to post before I had signed in, and it was not giving me the reply option...cause I swear I looked for the reply button! So then I would just try to write something, and I signed in cause I couldn't even write a post, not bothering to look for the reply button again. Ahem... we will just pretend that never happened. :D

It was a predictable scene. Once we learn that Unsullied will obey any command given by their masters and that Dany wants to buy all Unsullied, trainees and boys her plan becomes obvious.

This post needs a pair of horned rimmed glasses and a scarf.

Awesome scene.

I saw it coming a mile off too.

The day GRRM was born I had a vision of the Scene That Was Promised and this was it.

Awesome scene.

I saw it coming a mile off too.

The day GRRM was born I had a vision of the Scene That Was Promised and this was it.

:lol:

Yowser, this must mean you are Someone Really Special! LOL, while you're at it, see if you can predict if and when I'm going to win the lottery.

:lol:

Yowser, this must mean you are Someone Really Special! LOL, while you're at it, see if you can predict if and when I'm going to win the lottery.

I can only tell you when not if.

When the sun rises from the West and sets in the East. When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves..

:P

Archived