Bronn or Sandor Clegane?

Andhaira

Who do you think would win in a fight to the death between these two?

Furthermore, who do you think is more ruthless. Sandor killed Mycah, but Bronn has decalred that he would have no qualms about killing a baby. (Though he hasn't really a baby yet, while the Hound did kill Mycah)

In my opinion Bronn would be the winner in a duel to the death between the two, albeit it would be very close. Thing is, Bronn has already killed a heavily armored knight in a duel before (Vardis). So he knows how to fight people in heavy armor. Sandor however, has little experience in fighting a swift and talented killer like Bronn.

What do you say Westeros?

Sandor is a hardened killer like Bronn though and unlike Egen. Are we sure Sandor didn't shred dozens of sellswords in the Blackwater?

Both of them would be willing to do whatever to win, so like as Sandor isn't drunk he's got a least an even money chance.

Plus Bronn was too wimpy to fight Gregor and Sandor went right after him. :P

Sandor in a landslide. The Hound isn't a knight like Ser Vardis, he's a killer, much like Bronn. Bronn beat Ser Vardis because Ser Vardis was expecting an honorable match. Sandor has no such delusions, meaning that it would come down to pure skill against skill, and there he has Bronn outmatched. He is also much taller, with longer reach. The only way Bronn could win was if he discovered the Hound's fear of fire and turn it against him, the way Ser Beric did.

Sandor easily.

Bronn cares about one thing only: His own skin.

Sandor doesn't even care about that. He's taller, has longer reach, is incredibly strong, fast and brutal. Simply put, going into that fight Bronn would be feeling a bit intimidated, the same way he was with Gregor. The Clegane brothers have a fearsome reputation. Sandor isn't intimidated by anyone, as shown by him standing TOE TO TOE with Gregor.

Who else ever even tries that?

Bronn might make something out of the Hound's fear of fire... but Beric still lost when The Hound was burning up.

It depends.

If we're talking about the Hound in AGOT, "He ran, but not very fast." Then yeah, as cool as he is, Bronn would get massacred. If however, we're talking about the Hound at the end of ASOS; the blubbering, drunken craven, then Bronn would butcher him.

Sandor is a complex, nuanced and ultimately tragic figure... but that works against you in a fight.

Bronn wasn't actually scared of Gregor, he just thought the proposal too risky, with nothing to gain and everything to loose. Keep in mind that even Sandor did not get into a mortal fight with Gregor, though behind Gregor's back he kept telling people he would kill him. Even Sandor was afraid of getting into a real figvht with Gregor. Sure they tangoed at the hand's tourney, but Sandor knew the king would put a stop to it.

In my opnion, Sandor would underestimate Bronn and that would be his undoing. Also keep in mind that Bronn has a good strategy of dealing with big men. He told Tyrion that if he was fighting Gregor he would try to get the Mountain off his feet. This is exactly the strategy the Red Viper used.

One thing Sandor has going for him is that he is very fast. I don't know if Bronn is as fast as him. Sandor was able to knock a flying dagger from the air with his blade (though he did know the dagger was coming, but still it's pretty extraordinary)

But Bronn uses his brain as well, he doesn't just rely on instinct. I think Bronn would be able to outwit Sandor (which honestly isn't very hard. Sandor isn't exactly the smartest bulb in the basket) and make him do something stupid.

A fun thing to consider is that we may see this fight in the books! Sure, the possibility is very very slim, but it is possible. Say, maybe Sandor hears about UnGregor and comes to fight him as the Sept's champion. While this is happening, Bronn fights for Margery against the faiths champion chosen to represent her accusers. Then, assuming both win (sandor defeats Ungregor and Bronn defeats the faith's champion), we get Bronn vs Sandor, to determine if Margery goes free or not.

I don't know about you, but the turmoil in Kings Landing at the end of AFFC seems like an excellent way for Ser Bronn to move up another rung AND get revenge on Cersei at the same time for trying to have him killed. All Bronn has to do is side with the Tyrells, and it very well fits his charazcter of siding with the most powerful party. He would represent Margery in whatever trial by combat there is, and may even be rewarded by Margery's hand in marriage! (Lolly's would ofcourse meet with an accident to ensure there are no complications)

Only flaw I see in my analysis is that any trial that Margery gets involved in would also invlove Randyl Tarly as her champion. Hmm, maybe a Trial by Seven then, with Bronn as one of the fighters against the Faith, with Sandor representing one of the fighters of the faith.

What do you good folks think?

I'm with the part that thinks that Sandor would kill Bronn. Bronn is good but so is Sandor and there's only the weakness with fire to take advantage off. Maybe his temper, but that would be it. Except for that Sandor holds the better cards and so I think that Bronn would bite the grass on this one.

Why do you say Sandor is dumb? Gregor was flat out trying to kill him, Ned comments as such, but Sandor doesn't fight back, just parries and blocks everything Gregor sends at him. That takes a lot of skill.

Of course if we're talking Sandor at the end of ASOS, he'd lose...he had a horrible wound that was infected and he was dying. If Bronn couldn't beat that we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Assuming Margaery's and the Faith's champions both win, as you are assuming...why would they fight each other. They're two separate trials.

Beric Donderrion tried it. And lost.

Bronn is a much better fighter then Beric.

The Hound would probably win, but if forced to the fight, bronn would use every advantage possible. Like fire, using the Hounds anger against him, etc etc.

I'd say that Sandor would definitely win.

As for the ruthlessness bit, I think Bronn is actually worse. Sandor shows a heart pretty easily and early on. He kills Mycah but he was under order from the king and/or prince. Bronn says he would kill a baby for money, and on the show he says he killed a woman when he was twelve.

Archived