Bronn or Sandor Clegane?

Andhaira

I believe Sandor would beat Bronn because Sandor does not play by any rules the way Ser Varges did, He wanted to kill bronn honorably while Sandor really wouldn't care. The Hound has also proved himself more during the series and has a ridiculously high pain tolerance. As for who is more ruthless i think it's bronn. Sandor killed Miccah but it's speculated that Joffrey told him to. Sandor was truely Joffreys dog and was loyal to him until the battle of the Blackwater. Also Sandor feels remorse over forcing Sansa to sing, not helping her more when she was beat and him killing Miccah. Bronn betrays Catelyn then betrays Tyrion and becomes Cerseis creature only to name his wifes bastard to mock her and then kills her envoy (I know it was a duel) He is the farthest thing from loyal while the hound is at least decently loyal

I believe Sandor would beat Bronn because Sandor does not play by any rules the way Ser Varges did, He wanted to kill bronn honorably while Sandor really wouldn't care. The Hound has also proved himself more during the series and has a ridiculously high pain tolerance. As for who is more ruthless i think it's bronn. Sandor killed Miccah but it's speculated that Joffrey told him to. Sandor was truely Joffreys dog and was loyal to him until the battle of the Blackwater. Also Sandor feels remorse over forcing Sansa to sing, not helping her more when she was beat and him killing Miccah. Bronn betrays Catelyn then betrays Tyrion and becomes Cerseis creature only to name his wifes bastard to mock her and then kills her envoy (I know it was a duel) He is the farthest thing from loyal while the hound is at least decently loyal

I agree that Sandor would beat him. But, we know that Cersei is the one that ordered Sandor to kill Mycah, not Joffrey. The Hound was Cersei's dog, not Joffrey. King Turd even says so in GOT. There are numerous references in the first two books that Sandor would report back to Cersei if needed. Tyrion, when thinking of getting a whore for Joff, even realizes that he'd have to get Sandor away from Joff. He hated Joff, his loyalty was to the Lannisters.

I agree that Sandor would beat him. But, we know that Cersei is the one that ordered Sandor to kill Mycah, not Joffrey. The Hound was Cersei's dog, not Joffrey. King Turd even says so in GOT. There are numerous references in the first two books that Sandor would report back to Cersei if needed. Tyrion, when thinking of getting a whore for Joff, even realizes that he'd have to get Sandor away from Joff. He hated Joff, his loyalty was to the Lannisters.

hahaha I'm feeling silly but I lol'd @ "King Turd"

I agree completely!

I love both of them, but I would take The Hound against anyone still living in the books in single combat. Except for Mance Rayder, I have a feeling he has some Baratheon in his family tree judging by his strength and seemingly unbelievable speed.

You're right, my mistake.. However would you still agree with him being more loyal than bronn

hahaha I'm feeling silly but I lol'd @ "King Turd"

I agree completely!

:) I call him King Shit sometimes too. Seems like an accurate reflection of his kingly skills, no?

You're right, my mistake.. However would you still agree with him being more loyal than bronn

Oh, heck yeah. Absolutely.

I love both of them, but I would take The Hound against anyone still living in the books in single combat. Except for Mance Rayder, I have a feeling he has some Baratheon in his family tree judging by his strength and seemingly unbelievable speed.

No Way!!! Garlan Tyrell and Jaime Lannister would slice the Hound up like a Thanksgiving turkey, he would have no chance against them IMO. The Hound struggled with Polliver, he isn't even close to their level. Make all the excuses you want but he's just not on their level. Tumco Lho is catching up as well.

Hell right now the Hound is crippled, he probably couldn't even beat Lancel at this point in time.

No Way!!! Garlan Tyrell and Jaime Lannister would slice the Hound up like a Thanksgiving turkey, he would have no chance against them IMO. The Hound struggled with Polliver, he isn't even close to their level. Make all the excuses you want but he's just not on their level. Tumco Lho is catching up as well.

Hell right now the Hound is crippled, he probably couldn't even beat Lancel at this point in time.

The Hound had not eaten in some time and was very drunk, he was wobbling and struggling to stand up straight during the fight and still one. He managed to beat Beric while his arm was on fire.

Jaime had a pretty high opinion of him thinking that Bonifer Hasty should pray and the run if he encounters the Hound, Ned repeatedly expresses worry about the Hound's presence as he considers him to be just as big a threat to Jaime, and Cersei taunts Jaime at one point by saying he doesn't have to fight the Hound.

He's considered one of the best fighters in the realm for a reason.

HAHAHAHAHAH Something tells me we'll disagree on this no matter what I say or quote from the books. The Hound was dead drunk on an empty stomach using nothing but a rusty old sword in that fight with Polliver and it was 3 on 1. Polliver, a bearded man as tall as Sandor, and the Tickler. Arya was only able to take the squire out of the fight, and she manged to throw a knife that hit the Tickler's arm, but it wasn't enough to stop his attack on The Hound. The Hound is a beast!

Sandor has the size. And size does matter. Oberyn would not have stood a chance against Gregor if he had used a sword. To fight someone much bigger, you use the appropriate weapon and quickness. We don't know whether Bronn is actually faster than Sandor. Sandor has the reach advantage. Bronn might be the better tactician.

I would bet on Sandor.

Who do you think would win in a fight to the death between these two?

Furthermore, who do you think is more ruthless. Sandor killed Mycah, but Bronn has decalred that he would have no qualms about killing a baby. (Though he hasn't really a baby yet, while the Hound did kill Mycah)

In my opinion Bronn would be the winner in a duel to the death between the two, albeit it would be very close. Thing is, Bronn has already killed a heavily armored knight in a duel before (Vardis). So he knows how to fight people in heavy armor. Sandor however, has little experience in fighting a swift and talented killer like Bronn.

What do you say Westeros?

It's a great question because the Hound and Bronn are two sides of the same coin. They have both come to the same nihilistic conclusion: that life is incredibly unjust, and that the existing code of honor of knights, and the realm, isn't worth a damn.

But their reactions to this are very different.

The hound is tormented by this realization, it makes him act perversely, but out of misery and fury and self-loathing. And we know some of the painful backstory that helps explain his world view.

Bronn is almost cheerful in his utter moral relativism, it seems to set him free. He's the jaunty kind of antihero, like Han Solo or Rhett Butler or Rick from Casablanca. We don't really know what made Bronn the way he is.

They are both highly skilled, physically talented, versatile fighters. I think that if Sandor brought rage to the conflict, if it was sparked by something that touched more than the usual nerve, he would edge out Bronn. He has taken on Gregor, after all, though they didnt see that through.

I'd also like to know who, in the end, will be the more heroic of the these two antiheroes?

What do you think? Bronn or Sandor?

If any of them would be heroic, I'd bet on Sandor, of course.

I believe Bronn's part in this, with Tyrion in Essos, is diminished considerably. He must be very well comfortable at his Stokeworth castle. Not that I imagine that he won't show up at all in the future with the war still going on around him, but don't expect him to do something heroic, he is a sellsword.

The Hound on the other hand, if he's truly the man at Quiet Isle's Monastery, and if recovered, might well be able to do something "heroic" as a Champion for the Faith or something, or it may be that he will just stay there and live a new life of quiet redemption for his past.

Bronn has never faced anyone like the Hound. Bronn has gottent to where he is by only taking fights he knows he can win. When there is nothing on offer, he does not fight. The Hound has no fear but fire and even then he will still smash great fighers. The Hound is fast and strong and skilled and vicious and ruthless. Even Jaime is not sure he could take him in single combat (Cersei as well, for what thats worth).

The Hound is not going to tire the way Vardis did and he is fast enough that Bronn cant run. There is no reason to think the Hound wouldnt win, so I say the Hound.

Archived