Bronn or Sandor Clegane?

Andhaira

I'd say that Sandor would definitely win.

As for the ruthlessness bit, I think Bronn is actually worse. Sandor shows a heart pretty easily and early on. He kills Mycah but he was under order from the king and/or prince. Bronn says he would kill a baby for money, and on the show he says he killed a woman when he was twelve.

Probably, but thats why Bronn is awesome. He is completely and utterly ruthless, without morals. He doesnt bother hiding it either with some lame excuses or blame it on anyone else, he knows exactly what he is and doesnt hide from it.

I love Bronn, but I think Sandor would win if the fight was merely them fighting one on one with swords, no tricks allowed. Sandor is a trained knight (or would be, if he accepted knighthood), and I believe that when it comes to technicalities he is a better fighter. Bronn is skilled, no doubt, but him winning against that knight in the Vale was to large part due to dancing around and making the knight tired (who was also wearing too much armor) rather than actually winning on the terms of being better at swordplay.

However, if we're talking about a fight where tricks are allowed, Bronn would probably win because of Sandor's fear of fire which can be exploited.

Ruthlessness- I think Bronn is more ruthless than the hound.

Sandor in a landslide. The Hound isn't a knight like Ser Vardis, he's a killer, much like Bronn. Bronn beat Ser Vardis because Ser Vardis was expecting an honorable match. Sandor has no such delusions, meaning that it would come down to pure skill against skill, and there he has Bronn outmatched. He is also much taller, with longer reach. The only way Bronn could win was if he discovered the Hound's fear of fire and turn it against him, the way Ser Beric did.

:agree:

Are people actually arguing that Bronn would win because he has less morals than Sandor? Are they going to be fighting while holding a baby?

The point is that Bronn is stone cold, while Sandor is a giant blubbering pussy. These two fought side by side on the Blackwater, and it was Sandor who broke.

I don't think that the willingness to kill a baby affects the fight though. In a fight I don't think Sandor has many morals at all. He used the environment to his advantage in the inn brawl just like Bronn did with the statue (getting Polliver near the bench so he could use it to beat him.)

Are people actually arguing that Bronn would win because he has less morals than Sandor? Are they going to be fighting while holding a baby?

The OP asked two separate questions. The replies about the morals and whatnot are directed towards the second one and have nothing to do with the hypothetical fight.

Another thing to consider is that Bronn actually has a caring side. He genuinely cared for Tyrion, and he genuinely cares for Lollys, whom no one else cares for (save her mother I guess). Sandor on the other hand cares for no one. He is also a stalking schizo who obsessed over Sansa.

Yes, this wont really have an effect on a potential fight, but it shows that Bronn is a mentally well balanced person who has been able to handle what life threw at him and turn it into something. He had nothing, but now he has a lordship, a son, and a wife as well as some men under his command. Sandor on the other hand was a favorite of the freaking KING (Joffery Baratheon) and he won 20,000 in the tourney, but he lost it all and now has nothing. I even doubt his devotion to his newfound faith. They just took him in to heal him, and now he works for them to repay that debt.

So in terms of the mental arena, Bronn comes out ahead. This means he might be able to use that to his advantage in a fight, say by keeping his cool and causing the Hound to loose his temper.

Sandor would win. He is a warrior through and through. However I do agree that the fight would be way different with GoT Hound and aSoS Hound, however the fight at the inn shows that the Hound was still really deadly even drunk.

Bronn would destroy Sandor Clegane. Has everybody forgotten that Sandor is lame now? His movement is gone. And this says nothing of his ferocity, which might have died as well, if what Brienne hears in the Quiet Isle is true. This simply isn't much of a match now.

Having said that, at their respective peaks, I think Sandor wins just as easily. He's simply too big, too fast, too strong. The only chance Bronn would have had includes him knowing about Sandor's aversion to fire and setting his sword aflame.

Having said that, at their respective peaks, I think Sandor wins just as easily. He's simply too big, too fast, too strong. The only chance Bronn would have had includes him knowing about Sandor's aversion to fire and setting his sword aflame.

And in that case, he'd have to fight worse than Beric Dondarrion even if he set Sandor actually on fire...

Interesting thread actually; I reckon we haven't seen the last of Sandor, but hadn't thought about how his combat skill would be affected. If he can't fight, what can he do?

Interesting thread actually; I reckon we haven't seen the last of Sandor, but hadn't thought about how his combat skill would be affected. If he can't fight, what can he do?

I reckon he can fight and I can imagine him doing so but he isn't what he once was. Bronn on the other hand, hasn't suffered any injuries to impair his sword play.

I reckon he can fight and I can imagine him doing so but he isn't what he once was. Bronn on the other hand, hasn't suffered any injuries to impair his sword play.

I'd love it if Lord Stokeworth has really embraced the privileges of rank, and next waddles onscreen with a BMI of 36. Advantage Clegane.

pre-ASOS Sandor or post-ASOS Sandor?

Bronn would certainly die against the Hound at his prime but now? Sandor has a limp on his leg after defending Arya from Tickler so he should present a certain disadvantage against Bronn.

Sandor has nothing to lose, Bronn has a lot to lose.

Sandor can wear heavier armour, and is far less likely to tire like teh Vale knight. Plus, Bronn and Sandor likely have very similar fighting styles, lots of brawling type moves.

Plus, we have no idea how gimped his leg is, anyways.

Regarding Beric - remember, ultimately, he lost because his sword broke.

Be a great fight, tho.

Bronn had a habit of watching people practice their swordskills when he was in King's Landing. I'd favor him the winner if he saw Sandor fight or practice before the match.

Yup. I'd give a Bronn a slight advantage in that regard. Sandor is obviously the better horse/lance though. All in all though, I think it would be a coin flip between those two. Both them would end most men as soon as they see the slightest bit of weakness so terrain could also play a factor. Bronn's best bet would be to piss Sandor off and send him into a rage in hopes for a slight guard drop.

Bronn would hold his own against anybody in the series to be honest. He's a lowborn sellsword that literally makes a living by killing/surviving and does just that nearly everyday.

Archived