ADWD coming early?

Lord of Nothing

Well this is worth unlurking.. Anyone know if several copies would ship to the US for $45 or at what point shipping costs increase? I'm ready to order regardless but cutting that s&h in half or more would sure sweeten the deal.

So if a few dozen (or more) boarders have ADWD a couple of weeks early, are we prohibited from posting about it until the official release date when it's widely available? Or should we just do normal spoiler rules (i.e., clearly marked threads, no spoilers in the titles, etc.)?

Well this is worth unlurking.. Anyone know if several copies would ship to the US for $45 or at what point shipping costs increase? I'm ready to order regardless but cutting that s&h in half or more would sure sweeten the deal.

Two copies with two-day shipping will ship for ~$45 each (or actually $88 total).

I've just checked, and the shipping cost stays constant at ~$45 total for five copies, and possibly more. So it looks like the more you order, the more you save on shipping.

I've just checked, and the shipping cost stays constant at ~$45 total for five copies, and possibly more. So it looks like the more you order, the more you save on shipping.

Well that's pretty neat. I wonder if I can stir up any friends or locals crazy enough to do it :)

So if a few dozen (or more) boarders have ADWD a couple of weeks early, are we prohibited from posting about it until the official release date when it's widely available? Or should we just do normal spoiler rules (i.e., clearly marked threads, no spoilers in the titles, etc.)?

Good question. I'd definitely suggest not allowing any ADWD info onto the Wiki, but for actual discussion on the board, even under massive spoiler warning signs, Ran and Linda would have to make a ruling.

Might be worth calming down and seeing if this is actually happening or is just a mistake. People are talking about it on Twitter, so I imagine Random House and HarperCollins will be going, "Huh?" and starting to jump on this.

I've also ordered mine on amazon.de now and sent a mail to Book Depository to cancel the other pre-order.

I promise not to post spoilers before the official publication date. I'm far too lazy for that :P

As of right now, the Amazon.de page has switched from "In stock" to "Will ship on July 12th," and the delivery estimate on the place order page is July 14th. Looks like someone noticed.

Are you sure you're looking at the Bantam (US) edition? Mine still shows June 28. And my order history still says this:

Shipping soon

Estimated ship date: 28th June 2011

Delivery date: 30th June 2011

My delivery estimate still says June 30th.

As does mine. What I mean is that if you go to place an order right now, you'll get an estimate of July 14th on the "last chance before placing your order" page. I noticed this while testing the shipping costs on multiple copies.

I ordered and mine still has the same information but the main page has changed. I think they noticed, unfortunately. I'm waiting for the inevitable order re-adjustment email.

Archived