A Thread for Small Questions X

Datepalm

Do you guys think Euron Crow's Eye is telling the truth about his voyage to Valyria? I'm starting to suspect that he's full of BS.

Sure, he makes an impressive scene with the winding of his dragon horn, but it's no more impressive than the sword that Melisandre cooked up for Stannis which she claims is Lightbringer, and we have strong reason to believe is fake. I think Euron's horn is similar - he used some smoke and mirrors to make it look like some crazy magic artifact.

And then there's the scene in that Victarion chapter, when Euron is going on about sailing east again, and the Reader calls him out on it. Euron becomes very angry and just stalks off, rather than confidently refuting Harlaw's accusation.

And finally, his tale to Victarion about once having a dragon egg. Vic asks to see it, and Euron says "Oh I threw it in the ocean when I got mad lol". I find it hard to believe that anybody, no matter how pissed, would just throw away something as precious as a dragon egg.

So all in all, I think the Crow's Eye is a liar liar, horn on fire.

Do you guys think Euron Crow's Eye is telling the truth about his voyage to Valyria? I'm starting to suspect that he's full of BS.

Sure, he makes an impressive scene with the winding of his dragon horn, but it's no more impressive than the sword that Melisandre cooked up for Stannis which she claims is Lightbringer, and we have strong reason to believe is fake. I think Euron's horn is similar - he used some smoke and mirrors to make it look like some crazy magic artifact.

And then there's the scene in that Victarion chapter, when Euron is going on about sailing east again, and the Reader calls him out on it. Euron becomes very angry and just stalks off, rather than confidently refuting Harlaw's accusation.

And finally, his tale to Victarion about once having a dragon egg. Vic asks to see it, and Euron says "Oh I threw it in the ocean when I got mad lol". I find it hard to believe that anybody, no matter how pissed, would just throw away something as precious as a dragon egg.

So all in all, I think the Crow's Eye is a liar liar, horn on fire.

I'm not sure if there's any definitive answer in the books but i smelt Bullshit when that one eyed wierdo was telling his tale

Hey, this thread is for technical questions too right? On this board is it considered better to necromance threads or start a new, but similar thread?

Not quite sure what this means. Tecnical issues go in the Help section so admin can address them. And, necromancing threads? No clue what that means.

Well I guess its not exactly technical, but that means to bring up a really old thread

Ah, I see. I'm just another member, not a mod or anything, but I've never seen anyone complain about bringing up an old thread, IF there's something new and relevant to add to it. In fact, I HAVE seen lotsa blowback when some newish member starts a new thread about something for which there are already one or 10 or 50,000 hashed-to-death threads already in existence. My vote? If you feel you've got something new to add to an old thread, necromance away!

Ah, I see. I'm just another member, not a mod or anything, but I've never seen anyone complain about bringing up an old thread, IF there's something new and relevant to add to it. In fact, I HAVE seen lotsa blowback when some newish member starts a new thread about something for which there are already one or 10 or 50,000 hashed-to-death threads already in existence. My vote? If you feel you've got something new to add to an old thread, necromance away!

Haha, thank you for the reply. I've been on forum where people get MAD if you bring up a really old topic.

Well I guess its not exactly technical, but that means to bring up a really old thread

As a general rule search is your friend. Necro'ing threads (replying to threads that have been long dormant) is general frowned up on the few other forums I visit/participate on. I don't know about forum etiquette here, but I would say unless you have something to useful to add, ie. not posting "I agree" or "Hodor", let sleeping threads lie. I would do some searching before starting a new thread. A lot of my questions have been asked an answered already.

Hey, this thread is for technical questions too right? On this board is it considered better to necromance threads or start a new, but similar thread?

I've responded to two old threads today, since i just joined and was reading them and loved, loved, loved everything you guys have figured out.

However, if that was so problematic, then I am sure the mods can remove them and let me know what is "considered better."

Shame, I just found this place too. Ah well.

Haha, thank you for the reply. I've been on forum where people get MAD if you bring up a really old topic.

Well, they do here, too, if you've really got nothing to add to the discussion. And even if you do have something new, there's a few (always the same ones) members who'll leap on you by posting links to how many other times the issue's been discussed. My vote? Ignore them if you really feel you've got something new to say.

As an extreme example of what I wouldn't do, start a thread that's like 'Hey guys, I'm new here, sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anybody else think R+L=J? HAHAHAHAHA, Dany's dragons, the weight of the Wall and Robert's warhammer would slam down on your head all at the same time! So, I just say, do a little research, see what's what and if you've got some new insight into an old topic, why not? Go for it. Being a newbody doesn't make you a nobody...

My two cents.

re: thread necromancy. Depends on the thread. If it was an old and interesting theory, that's cool. Better to add to an interesting theory than to make a redundant thread. If it was one of the more contentious threads (that includes the "hate" threads), then just leave it be. Those don't really add to the general discussion. :)

Also, welcome to the boards. :cheers:

LOL, I noticed that, too. But don't provoke her--she might go back to the hypno-toad, and that thing freaked me out...

:uhoh:

The Hypno-toad was beautiful in every single way, it's indoctrinating eyes were irresistible

The Hypno-toad was beautiful in every single way, it's indoctrinating eyes were irresistible

I guess whenever I'd see Xray post right after I posted, I'd be like.. uh oh, what the hell did I do now? Then, open that thread and see hypno-toad's eyes flashing at me like Morse Code.

You

Done

Wrong

AGAIN

You

Twit

Never

Do

That

Again

Or

ELSE

dum-dum-dummmmmm

I'll take the rainbow-crapping unicorn any time.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Yes, that unicorn is pooping a rainbow. I made some sarcastic quip about a coworker that involved pooping unicorns and rainbows and went searching for an image to accompany the comment. I found a goldmine of imagery, and my avatar is but one of the glorious collection (now saved to my hard drive). Amazingly, someone actually constructed a unicorn pooping a rainbow out of Legos. Whoever that person is, they are a hero.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Yes, that unicorn is pooping a rainbow. I made some sarcastic quip about a coworker that involved pooping unicorns and rainbows and went searching for an image to accompany the comment. I found a goldmine of imagery, and my avatar is but one of the glorious collection (now saved to my hard drive). Amazingly, someone actually constructed a unicorn pooping a rainbow out of Legos. Whoever that person is, they are a hero.

That is a thing of glory...and an awesome balancing act.

Hoster tells Lysa she will marry when Cat does. So it stands to reason that the Jon-Lysa marriage had been arranged.

When did he say this? Was it when Cat was betrothed to Brandon, or when she was betrothed to Ned?

IIRC, Catelyn states in the books that one of the reasons Jon married Lysa was because he had lost his heir in the Battle of the Bells. This implies that the wedding had not been arranged until after the Rebellion began.

Archived