Joffrey's Wedding [SPOILER HEAVY]

Emily Snow

Just finished the Sansa chapter following Joffrey's wedding and HOLY COW. I had a feeling that Baelish was up to something, and that it was something big, but I had literally =no idea= it was this big.

And for him to say that he did it with really no other reason than to throw people off? Wow.

Part of me wants to just outright make him the king in thanks for

offing Joff.

I do feel bad for Tyrion though. :/

Getting blamed for poisoning the king can't go well for him.

I envision many, many worse things than he's already had to endure.

Now I just wonder what he's got in store for poor, spoiled, polite Sansa. Part of me almost wants him to marry her, since it seems like he'd be a better match for her than she's like to get otherwise. Tyrion's not so bad, save that he's a Lannister and an imp. And he has no nose...

I thought it was rather poetic, though, as roundabout payback for the Red Wedding

(though, in truth, Joff didn't have anything to do with it).

I'm really curious to see how all the Melisandre stuff turns out. She says that she just sees what happens in the fire, and that she's a servant of the Lord of Light, but she also appears to believe (at least in part) that she can cause certain things to happen, too. Or that the LoL works through her. (Same difference, if you ask me...) I think it'd be interesting if it turned out that Petyr Baelish, the master of maneuvering and manipulation, was actually being manipulated (unbeknownst to him) by an outside force, be it the LoL or Melisandre.

Just finished the Sansa chapter following Joffrey's wedding and HOLY COW. I had a feeling that Baelish was up to something, and that it was something big, but I had literally =no idea= it was this big.

And for him to say that he did it with really no other reason than to throw people off? Wow.

offing Joff.

Ahhh, but look back over the whole build-up again. Who pumped Sansa for info about what a monster Joffrey was? Who had a stake in making sure pretty little Margaery wasn't going to suffer what Sansa had suffered? While at the same time ensuring that Margaery would be a true and rightful queen, via legitimate marriage to the reigning king? All involved in the amethyst-hairnet-from-hell. Pedo-Petyr was a useful weapon in the 'off-Joff' plot, but surely not the instigator. Look again, for the 'thorny' answer.

Ahhh, but look back over the whole build-up again. Who pumped Sansa for info about what a monster Joffrey was? Who had a stake in making sure pretty little Margaery wasn't going to suffer what Sansa had suffered? While at the same time ensuring that Margaery would be a true and rightful queen, via legitimate marriage to the reigning king? All involved in the amethyst-hairnet-from-hell. Pedo-Petyr was a useful weapon in the 'off-Joff' plot, but surely not the instigator. Look again, for the 'thorny' answer.

You. Just. Blew. My. MIND.

i was very happy when he died, even though i wanted him to be slowly ripped apart limb by limb by lady while ned stark was peeing in his eyes and saying "you have the soft heart of a woman!!!" or something stupid like that.

I'm going to stop using spoiler boxes at this point since it's so far down the thread that it's unlikely to be accidentally seen.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was thrilled. I cheered out loud. That little b***ard was so obnoxious, so cruel, so wantonly sadistic, he definitely got what he deserved. I, too, wish that the Starks had gotten their revenge for Ned, Robb, Catelyn, and all the rest, but I also sort of like that he died clutching and tearing at his own throat (rather than being impaled or beheaded or whatever). In a way, he did cause his own death by being a little sh** to everyone all the time; and in the end, though he was not his own poisoner, he did have his own hands around his throat.

I'm going to stop using spoiler boxes at this point since it's so far down the thread that it's unlikely to be accidentally seen.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was thrilled. I cheered out loud. That little b***ard was so obnoxious, so cruel, so wantonly sadistic, he definitely got what he deserved. I, too, wish that the Starks had gotten their revenge for Ned, Robb, Catelyn, and all the rest, but I also sort of like that he died clutching and tearing at his own throat (rather than being impaled or beheaded or whatever). In a way, he did cause his own death by being a little sh** to everyone all the time; and in the end, though he was not his own poisoner, he did have his own hands around his throat.

oops. Here you guys are working all hard to make your spoiler buttons, and I just outright say it. Sorry! I don't know how to do those either. haha. Anyway, I don't doubt you were happy. I can't imagine someone not being happy when he died. I did think it was a good way for him to go, because he knew it was coming, and he was scared, and he could not do anything about it. Maybe the way Ned felt before he died....and maybe Joff realized that. Probably not cause he was a little b***ard just as you said, but I like to think so. :D

Sorry! I don't know how to do those either.

Don't worry about it! :) Like I said, I think it's far down enough in the thread with enough context clues that if someone's still reading the thread who hasn't read the chapter yet, it's sort of their own fault, kwim?

The spoiler box is super easy, once you know how it's done. Darnit, I can't figure out how to make it NOT a spoiler box so I can show you the html. Here's what I did to see how it was done. I hit the 'reply' button on a specific post that had it and just looked to see where the html code was. It's the little [ ] brackets around the word "spoiler" then the stuff to be hidden, and finally the [ ] brackets around "/spoiler". I hope that makes sense. (Sometimes the stuff I write makes sense to only me and no one else. :P)

I don't know how to do those either.

Please learn how -- it's a courtesy to others.

[ spoiler ] the text you wish to hide [ /spoiler ]

Take out the extra spaces between the square brackets and "spoiler" or "/spoiler" and you will get:

the text you wish to hide

i just figured that since it was a discussion board for book three, people would not come in here unless they had finished book three. that is what i did. i mean seriously, are you going to go through and edit every single post on this specific forum, because every single post has spoilers, but that is the point, this is supposed to be a place we can discuss spoilers from book three, it is a book three forum!

i just figured that since it was a discussion board for book three, people would not come in here unless they had finished book three. that is what i did. i mean seriously, are you going to go through and edit every single post on this specific forum, because every single post has spoilers, but that is the point, this is supposed to be a place we can discuss spoilers from book three, it is a book three forum!

I'm not a mod or anything, just another member. But perhaps an easy answer might be for you or someone to start a thread that's like:

[spoilerS] After Chapter 52 Through The End of the Book

That would give those of you who've finished the book a place to openly discuss whatever. While still letting people who haven't finished it, come into this section and share their thoughts about what they're reading as they go along. Just a suggestion..

I'm not a mod or anything, just another member. But perhaps an easy answer might be for you or someone to start a thread that's like:

[spoilerS] After Chapter 52 Through The End of the Book

That would give those of you who've finished the book a place to openly discuss whatever. While still letting people who haven't finished it, come into this section and share their thoughts about what they're reading as they go along. Just a suggestion..

I would have liked to put the chapter number, but since the book isn't numbered that way, I didn't. Is there a list of chapters somewhere with the corresponding numbers? Or a list that says "Sansa VIII", etc.?

(Although, I suppose in a sense, some of those lists would be spoilers in-and-of themselves. :P)

I would have liked to put the chapter number, but since the book isn't numbered that way, I didn't. Is there a list of chapters somewhere with the corresponding numbers? Or a list that says "Sansa VIII", etc.?

(Although, I suppose in a sense, some of those lists would be spoilers in-and-of themselves. :P)

I'm thinking the answer is a thread like this:

Don't Enter This Thread Until You Have Finished The Book

Seems that'd be the way to go. What do you think?

I'm thinking the answer is a thread like this:

Don't Enter This Thread Until You Have Finished The Book

Seems that'd be the way to go. What do you think?

That's probably for the best since it seems like most of the super-spoilery stuff happens at or near the end of each of the books anyhow. I agree. :)

That's probably for the best since it seems like most of the super-spoilery stuff happens at or near the end of each of the books anyhow. I agree. :)

Perhaps you'll want to start the thread? So newcomers to this section can instantly have someplace to gravitate to? I'm thinking that same titled-thread would also be useful in each of the previous book-discussion sections.

I was so upset I almost stopped reading

after Robb's death

. GRRM HAD to give his readers something. GRRM would have had to be cruel indeed to

allow Joffrey to live after that

. Every cruel jape he made to Sansa about the suffering of the Stark's is wrought through the pages upon the reader. The only regret I have about that scene was that

I didn't get to see him get eaten alive by a direwolf.

As it was, I couldn't tell you what I enjoyed more;

Joffrey's death in all its desperate and blessed glory, or Cersei being forced to watch it happen.

Every time I hear Arya going over her

death list (which is blessedly shorter by the end of this book,) I can't help but think about all of the names I would add to it, including the entire Greyjoy family, and every single Frey down to the last Walder.

It says a great deal about a writer when he can elicit such reaction's towards his characters. George RR Martin has done a masterful job.

Perhaps you'll want to start the thread? So newcomers to this section can instantly have someplace to gravitate to? I'm thinking that same titled-thread would also be useful in each of the previous book-discussion sections.

Here's the new thread, but I thought it best not to go too far without first getting the okay from a mod. :)

• 2 months later...

offing Joff.

I do feel bad for Tyrion though. :/

Getting blamed for poisoning the king can't go well for him.

I envision many, many worse things than he's already had to endure.

Now I just wonder what he's got in store for poor, spoiled, polite Sansa. Part of me almost wants him to marry her, since it seems like he'd be a better match for her than she's like to get otherwise. Tyrion's not so bad, save that he's a Lannister and an imp. And he has no nose...

I thought it was rather poetic, though, as roundabout payback for the Red Wedding

(though, in truth, Joff didn't have anything to do with it).

I'm really curious to see how all the Melisandre stuff turns out. She says that she just sees what happens in the fire, and that she's a servant of the Lord of Light, but she also appears to believe (at least in part) that she can cause certain things to happen, too. Or that the LoL works through her. (Same difference, if you ask me...) I think it'd be interesting if it turned out that Petyr Baelish, the master of maneuvering and manipulation, was actually being manipulated (unbeknownst to him) by an outside force, be it the LoL or Melisandre.

LF marrying Sansa.....ewww, no. He's pervy to want her, and he only wants her because of a stain on his ego after losing the duel for Catelyn's hand.

I doubt LF is being motivated by anything but his own ambition. He's not a religious person.

Archived