Joffrey's Wedding [SPOILER HEAVY]

Emily Snow

When I read the wedding chapter it was like everything, the last 3 books, had been leading up to that moment. That's how I felt anyway... I so really enjoyed it. I'm on Feast of Crows now and I still haven't read anything that was so much fun. :( The series is actually kind of bumming me out now. It's sort of dragging it's feet. It feels to me that Crows has become a chore to Martin. Anyways... I hope it gets better. I've found myself skipping thru chapters just to get back to the interesting characters... which are now just Arya and Sansa. I like Cercei and Jamie but... feels like something is missing. Everyone's dead! :(

If you made it past ACOK you're doing fine. :thumbsup: If you started the series because you thought you'd be in for a jolly good time, you were mistaken. There should be a WARNING: May cause outbursts and emotional breakdowns, trantrums and general depression label on each book in the series.

Hang in there, it's worth it.

I think the reason Cersei's chapters fly is due to the amount of dialogue. It's mostly dialogue rather than backstory and history, which is where we are with the krakens. But even when the krakens are speaking, it's a little over the top. Reminds of me the credit card commercials with the vikings in them.

I've been quite the slacker since I've finished ASoS and it's not because I'm not interested, but more because I've been terribly busy lately. (Stupid jobs) Anyway, going back to the topic at hand...

Joff's wedding. I was glad of what happened at the end, however, I feel like I couldn't give it the proper emotion because I was still upset over The Red Wedding. :frown5:

I hated it. Where was the humilation of knowing your "uncle" waas really your father? I wanted to see joffery broken down bit by bit and made to see the truth of his own arrogance and utterly inhuman behavior, I wanted him to cry and cry and be laughed at by the entirety of westeros... he got off EASY!

but that's GRRM for you, never quite giving you what you expect/want....

also RE: the tangential conversation above about spoilers, I like the idea of citing chapter ranges in your first post, at least, is genius, I've had so many unintentional spoilers that way. I know I know, its my own fault for my curiosity, I don't blame anyone :D

• 5 weeks later...

Archived