Fantasy and SF Recommendations: Series

Datepalm

I haven't read MS&T, but I have read The Stormlight Archives and absolutely loved it.

The only problem is that "only" 2 books have come out so far with third announced for end of 2017 (unless I've missed something), out of 10 or something like that. It's going to be a long wait for the series conclusion, but I guess we're all used to that by now. ;) 

• 8 months later...

I'm reading the chronicles of the necromancer series by Gail Martin... The bad reviews in the link below are hilarious, but I think that people didn;t like it because they went in with lofty expectations... it's not The Wheel of Time (not even close)... it's more like a Y.A. fantasy a la The Mortal Instruments... It's shallow, and riddled with Cliche's (the often reference the Seven Kingdoms)... but even though you can see much of the story coming a mile away, its light-fare fun. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/321353.The_Summoner

On 8/24/2012 at 4:29 PM, BoarHunter said:

Not sure if anyone posted these yet, but they have been keeping me reading for the past couple of years

Terry Goodkind - Sword of truth - A long series of medium fantasy, very romantic and also quite harsh. There is a deep meaning throughout the series. Great read!

Wait, someone unironically recommended that and no one commented on it? Did this place change since 2012?

Kane the Mystic Swordsman series by Karl Edward Wagner.  It's a dark fantasy series whose main character is an immortal heroic villain/antihero . There are 5 books in this series 

1. Bloodstone  

2. Darkness Weaves

3. Dark Crusade 

4. Death Angels Shadow 

5. Nightwinds 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Time to bump this:

- If you like a refreshing superhero fantasy: Chronicles of the Fid - David.H.Reiss.  Well written, taut with humor, adventure rollercoaster. 

- A thought provoking Sci-fi from the master: Rejoice - A knife to the heart by Steven Erikson. A balled of a first contact/intervention novel that cuts down humanity to it's core. 

And in usual fantasy, I enjoyed Mark Lawrence's Book of the Ancestor trilogy. 

Oh and before I forget... Gailsone series by Casey Galnders. A reformed women supervillain takes the lead in this Kill Bill'esque kick ass series. Final book yet to come. 

Archived